IGNORED

San Pedro Del Pinatar (Granada) COVERAGE?? MERGED

stephenkibby.

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Taking the piss, same as we were 3-0 up at Yeovil and won 2-1  .

Perhaps they substitute scores in friendlys !

I was the one that said we were 3-0 up at Yeovil, unfortunately :mf_sleep:

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

People are making an awful lot of assumptions from a few tweets. 

Especially as we scored two in the last eight minutes to draw 2-2.

Only joking.

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Think people read way too much into friendly results. It really is a completely different thing to competitive football. 

West Ham lost 3-0 to Rubin today, Norwich went down 3-1 at Dukla Prague. 

Yesterday Sheff Utd lost 2-0 at Halifax, Leicester laboured past Oxford and Birmingham lost at Shrewsbury  

And Burton beat Stoke 3-0 on the weekend, with Reading losing 4-1 to Lincoln 

I trust Dukla Prague were in their away kit?

Our first real test of pre-season, Granada technically a very good side - comfortably beat Bilbao last season, did the double over Europa league winners Sevilla. They're no mugs, would've been good for some of our lads to see how they play. Not sure if any have experience in Spain. Good run out for the boys :)

Just got back :laugh: always wanted to say that . First city had chances. Kodjia looked really lively. Second half city chasing shadows. But watching Granada live how they pass and move was fantastic. I would say about 100 150 city out here . Really enjoyed watching the game 

51 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:
23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just got back :laugh: always wanted to say that . First city had chances. Kodjia looked really lively. Second half city chasing shadows. But watching Granada live how they pass and move was fantastic. I would say about 100 150 city out here . Really enjoyed watching the game 

Our first real test of pre-season, Granada technically a very good side - comfortably beat Bilbao last season, did the double over Europa league winners Sevilla. They're no mugs, would've been good for some of our lads to see how they play. Not sure if any have experience in Spain. Good run out for the boys :)

Thanks for restoring some realism to this thread. I dread to think how some would cope with a 'Real Life' crisis! All due to Twitter updates until late in the thread

Good week away, Some good game time, team bonding, nailing down some objectives, tinkering with selection, lots of learning about players and some sun on they're backs. I could go on

2-0 is no spanking, I think I'm correct in saying also it was 26 Degrees+ & 150-200 City fans doing us proud

COYR

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Thanks for restoring some realism to this thread. I dread to think how some would cope with a 'Real Life' crisis! All due to Twitter updates until late in the thread

Good week away, Some good game time, team bonding, nailing down some objectives, tinkering with selection, lots of learning about players and some sun on they're backs. I could go on

2-0 is no spanking, I think I'm correct in saying also it was 26 Degrees+ & 150-200 City fans doing us proud

COYR

Real Life? Is that another Spanish side?

Granada a class above us.

No shame in the defeat, but playing Jimmy and Wilbs  plus Tomlin behind left us very narrow.

Granada were playing3 at the back with the wing backs pushing on, lost count of the times they worked the ball through midfield to the right,drew us across then hit 45 yard passes to the opposite side.

As good as they were they didn't make a hatfull of chanches.

For us was impressed with Brownhill got a good touch bit of pace and doesn't mind a tackle. He smashed into one challenge and was maybe lucy to get away with a yellow!!

I thought the Icelandic lad did ok seeing as he only arrived 2 days ago. O.Dowda didn't get much of a chance to run at them but kept going.

All in all strange line up with two up front when most things point to us playing with one when the season starts.

Anyway as I said Granada easy on the eye, quick of feet and mind. Don't think we will play a better side this season.

Johnson just said in post match interview that the only reason for playing the diamond midfield was to get two strikers on the pitch, so that they can get as many minutes out on the pitch as possible pre-season. He hinted as much that it wasn't going to be the way forward.

I fully expect us to start 4-2-3-1 against wigan in 2 weeks.

I like to see us playing games against better opposition, because it gives players the chance to see where the bar is. It's safe to say that Granada are probably going to be as strong as the best team we're likely to face this year, and if we are able to at least be competitive with a team like this then we're probably in good stead for the upcoming season.

It's a loss, but it sounds like there are positives, and in a pre-season friendly in another country that's pretty good going.

Archived