IGNORED

San Pedro Del Pinatar (Granada) COVERAGE?? MERGED

stephenkibby.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sounds like everything is revolving around Kodjia

Perhaps, but surely Kodjia and Tomlin should be inter connected?

Perhaps our diamond system hasn't clicked into gear yet if Tomlin appears to have done nothing of note in the first half.

No doubt he's touched the ball but you wouldn't know it.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

I assume we are all going by the tweets from BCFC and Granada ?

If so, its difficult to gauge the game from a few tweets now and then.

Anyway, its a training match against much higher opposition so I'm not expecting us to dictate the game..

Absolutely, it's pure conjecture from me.

I guess we'd all like to see a system evolve where Tomlin is involved as much as possible though?

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Need to hang on now.

A hammering won't be good just before the season starts..

This is why I don't like games like these against better and bigger clubs as part of pre-season. LJ won't learn a lot other than we aint as good as them.

3-0 now.............

I agree with you to some extent. It's hard to please everyone though.. some complain our pre-season opponents are too easy some years and don't provide a challenge, at this stage it's about regaining match fitness. But of course, you don't want to get hammered. 

Whilst in not getting too downbeat about this score against a pretty reasonable opposition, I am a little concerned that LJ seems to want to play this diamond 4-4-2. Played it towards the end of last season and I didn't think it suited our players. Still, it's all early doors and there's still players to come in which will probably get rid of the nagging concern!

If we want to be challenging for the premier league then it's not a great score. Granada aren't far off the Spanish second tier so I wouldn't say it's a big gap in quality but can't read too much into it as its a different style of football than the boys are used to. Rather them see something different and have it in mind for the season. Only helps everyone grow. Plus it's the first game for the CBs together. 

Think people read way too much into friendly results. It really is a completely different thing to competitive football. 

West Ham lost 3-0 to Rubin today, Norwich went down 3-1 at Dukla Prague. 

Yesterday Sheff Utd lost 2-0 at Halifax, Leicester laboured past Oxford and Birmingham lost at Shrewsbury  

And Burton beat Stoke 3-0 on the weekend, with Reading losing 4-1 to Lincoln 

Archived