IGNORED

Matchday prices revealed for 2016/17

!james

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

All looks fair enough to me. 

Yep. Me too. Some very good deals there especially if you want to bring kids just to see how they get on but don`t want to commit to a season ticket in case they hate it.

It would be interesting to see how our `mid priced` i.e  adult non-member, South Stand for instance stack up against other clubs.

I don't think £40 is ever really justified for a second tier football match, but like-for-like prices are a touch cheaper than last season in the other stands, so overall I'd say it's a reasonable price structure. Especially for members.

I would still like to see one or two £10 or £15 games for the lesser fixtures to encourage new support however.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think £40 is ever really justified for a second tier football match, but like-for-like prices are a touch cheaper than last season in the other stands, so overall I'd say it's a reasonable price structure. Especially for members.

I would still like to see one or two £10 or £15 games for the lesser fixtures to encourage new support however.

But paying £40 is entirely optional and only if you wish to opt for the best seats in the house in a brand new stand. 

I don't think that is unreasonable when there are much cheaper options readily available to those who are price concious. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But paying £40 is entirely optional and only if you wish to opt for the best seats in the house in a brand new stand. 

I don't think that is unreasonable when there are much cheaper options readily available to those who are price concious. 

I think my post made it quite clear I think the overall pricing is fair.

Of course it's optional. But I still think £40 is too much for second tier football, even if it is the top price. It forces the less wealthy into inferior seats. It's also massively ahead of inflation, though I accept the redevelopment justifies this to a limited extent.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Tickets available for the Atyeo Stand? 

38 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

I was thinking the same

That was interesting, I thought the Atyeo was sold out to season ticket holders on a reduced capacity? So how many seats are available for potd?  Also the Wigan game is a silver category game, so is that £25? Will be interesting to know how many games are silver and gold categories and which will be £20 for the "not so good teams". 

40 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

I was thinking the same

That will be when teams don't sell out their allocation I would imagine, much the same as last year where teams don't sell out they go back on sale to home supporters, I would imagine there would be only 5-6 sell outs by away teams so will nearly always be some tickets in the Atyeo

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course it's optional. But I still think £40 is too much for second tier football, even if it is the top price. It forces the less wealthy into inferior seats. It's also massively ahead of inflation, though I accept the redevelopment justifies this to a limited extent.

Such is life, the better seats always cost more. At the end of the day, we've got a squad that's cost a lot, in a revamped stadium, with tickets in a year-old stand for £22. It certainly shouldn't feel inferior.

7 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Such is life, the better seats always cost more. At the end of the day, we've got a squad that's cost a lot, in a revamped stadium, with tickets in a year-old stand for £22. It certainly shouldn't feel inferior.

As I have already stated numerous times I believe the overall pricing is fair.

But a view from behind the goal is of course inferior to a side-on view, which is why they always cost less.

Hadn't bothered to compare so here's the 2016 prices up against (last year's).

Silver
Atyeo: £20 (£20); South: £22 (£24); Dolman wings: £24 (£26); Dolman centre: £26 (£28).

Gold

Atyeo: £25 (£25); South £27 (£29); Dolman wings: £29 (£31); Dolman centre: £31 (£33).

So lower in all but a couple of cases like-for-like on what was there last season, that seems pretty good.

And that doesn't take into account quite a considerable drop for Under-22 tickets, and the reduction for Under-25s too.

Fair play City.

Archived