IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - view from Ireland

The Exiled Robin

1 hour ago, sirscrumpton said:

He's the player The Secret Footballer raves about in his most recent book. He thinks he'll go on to play for England.

Haven't read the latest one but like the books. Might download it on Kindle just to read that part. In one of the previous books, there's some interesting anecdotes about Cotterill from when he and Kitson were both at Portsmouth.

I knew little about Roofe or O'Dowda, but like the little if seen of O'Dowda and liked him in his interview.  Alongside Tomlin I think he'll be entertaining us the most this season. Hopefully this translates into results and success.

6 minutes ago, sirscrumpton said:

He was born in England to English parents, but qualified for Ireland via a grandparent.

If you follow that argument, we can all play for Horn of Africa Utd, as that is where the human race originated.

My great great great great great great great great great great great x 2000 grandparents were both from there.

Somewhere.

Uncle TFR

On 22 July 2016 at 12:23, Taxi for Rennie said:

If you follow that argument, we can all play for Horn of Africa Utd, as that is where the human race originated.

My great great great great great great great great great great great x 2000 grandparents were both from there.

Somewhere.

Uncle TFR

Surely the "Utd" denotes that Horn Of Africa are a club side...

Do they have the whole Bilbao setup or something?

Back to O'Dowda, I thought his very first interview with us portrayed him as a very articulate, clever young man. Another Joe Bryan in that regard.

Roofe on the other hand is known for having a few attitude issues and is also (not unusually for a footballer) hardly the sharpest knife in the box.

When Mark Ashton keeps banging on about new signings being the "right fit", this was what immediately struck me about this lad.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Back to O'Dowda, I thought his very first interview with us portrayed him as a very articulate, clever young man. Another Joe Bryan in that regard.

Roofe on the other hand is known for having a few attitude issues and is also (not unusually for a footballer) hardly the sharpest knife in the box.

When Mark Ashton keeps banging on about new signings being the "right fit", this was what immediately struck me about this lad.

Also; Roofe has a couple of years on O'Dowda but the latter has actually played more first team matches, if I remember rightly.

Means even more room for progression from this lad, and being he's already being recognised at international level, he clearly has something about him.

Excited with the prospect of him lining up next to the likes of Tomlin and Kodjia; get the impression they will cause defences some serious issues this year.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 12:23, Taxi for Rennie said:

Somewhere.

Uncle TFR

I won several international headdresses playing for them back in the day

Archived