IGNORED

Winter break in English football

Major Isewater

29 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

They'll rest by playing tours in the far east and the americas for no financial gain whatsoever  :fear:

Agree. It reall does boil my piss, they get to play football for a living but end up a bit tired, what about building site labourers as an example of the real world, they should each be made to labour on a couple of brickys on pricework for two weeks, then they might grasp what tired actually means.

28 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

They'll rest by playing tours in the far east and the americas for no financial gain whatsoever  :fear:

You're absolutely right.  And whilst we're on the subject of 'tours' - what's with every man and his dog traipsing around the world pre-season now?  That cant be healthy.  Players must be shagged out before they even start.

37 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

Never be a fan of a break but don't see the need to play so many games. Last year it was something like 7 in 21 days for some teams over xmas and new year.

Then every team is in the same boat. Very limited training in and around those matches with everything focused on recovery and they'll be fine. I know that not having time off around christmas can be a bit off but it comes with being a footballer

Does this mean less of a summer break, less teams in a division, a more crammed fixture list the rest of the season or a combination? I don't see the point of a winner break, just perhaps a less congested fixture list to avoid a buildup of fixtures if there does need to be cancellations.

I can just imagine them having two/three weeks off in December / January when it's 15C and then them coming back and it freezing all of February with our unpredictable weather. 

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

You're absolutely right.  And whilst we're on the subject of 'tours' - what's with every man and his dog traipsing around the world pre-season now?  That cant be healthy.  Players must be shagged out before they even start.

6 weeks into the season you will hear the excuse of tiredness from one of the top managers, it will be the manager who has had a bad start to the season!

These pre season trips prove that that the Prem clubs are more interested in £££££ than anything else.

18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

6 weeks into the season you will hear the excuse of tiredness from one of the top managers, it will be the manager who has had a bad start to the season!

These pre season trips prove that that the Prem clubs are more interested in £££££ than anything else.

What about the European ones?

Let's hope they bring in the winter break to the football league sooner rather that later.

What with the non midweek games it should extend the season to 12 months, therefore stopping us getting bored in the summer.

Only problem I can see is when to have the transfer window. Maybe during the winter break?

3 hours ago, tts_city said:

Agree. It reall does boil my piss, they get to play football for a living but end up a bit tired, what about building site labourers as an example of the real world, they should each be made to labour on a couple of brickys on pricework for two weeks, then they might grasp what tired actually means.

Maybe they labourers should go play football and running and fitness training maybe they will see what tired actually looks like!

56 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Let's hope they bring in the winter break to the football league sooner rather that later.

What with the non midweek games it should extend the season to 12 months, therefore stopping us getting bored in the summer.

Only problem I can see is when to have the transfer window. Maybe during the winter break?

It's not a problem Stephen.

The Premier League are already in discussion with the powers that be to extend the lender year to 56 weeks, in order to accommodate the winter break, two transfer windows, players' annual holidays and for the top clubs to have pre-season tours to all corners of the world.

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

written by a **** who hasnt done a proper hard days work in his life.

Worked my bollocks off on sites for the last 16 years worked my way up and now have my of gang of subbys mate so I know what I'm talking about! 

It was wrote in jest but you obviously don't know the real world but if work 12 hours in an office your going to be tired it might not as physically tiring same as running round Keeping as physically fit as body allows, same as working on sites no matter what you do you will get tired.

making bigoted opinions sweeping stereotyping on the lifestyles of people you nothing about harks back to days of hitler but at least he had a fantastic moustache but he ruined it forever now!

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There are talks of a winter break in the Prem , poor lambs don't like the cold and play far too much football .

Leave our winter sport alone I say , a break will serve nothing particularly as the majority will swan off abroad for money spinning ' friendlies ' .

Winter sport?!? Starts in early August and finishes end of May!!!! The season is too long...

The idea of a winter break is not about players "resting" It's all about money. As others have said theses "tired" players would be touring America/Asia raking in the dosh for their clubs.

As for comparing pro footballers with normal working guys - how pointless is that? 

We all know that SBC and PL players earn in a week what normal working guys in in a year - far, far  more in many cases. A  £100k a week is a fairly normal salary in the PL......:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Proper incoherent babble, "blind ignorance" you said it.

The American Civil War was a civil war in the United States fought from 1861 to 1865. The Union faced secessionists in eleven Southern states known as the Confederate States of America. The Union won the war, which remains the bloodiest in U.S. history.

Among the 34 U.S. states in January 1861, seven Southern slave states individually declared their secession from the U.S. and formed the Confederate States of America. War broke out in April 1861 when they attacked a U.S. fortress, Fort Sumter. The Confederacy, colloquially known as the South, grew to include eleven states; it claimed two more states and several western territories. The Confederacy was never diplomatically recognized by any foreign country. The states that remained loyal including border states where slavery was legal, were known as the Union or the North. The war ended with the surrender of all the Confederate armies and the collapse of Confederate government in spring 1865.

The war had its origin in the factious issue of slavery, especially the extension of slavery into the western territories. Four years of intense combat left 620,000 to 750,000 soldiers dead, a higher number than the American casualties of World War I and World War II combined, and destroyed much of the South's infrastructure. The Confederacy collapsed and slavery was abolished in the entire country. The Reconstruction Era (1863–1877) overlapped and followed the war, with its fitful process of restoring national unity, strengthening the national government, and guaranteeing civil rights to the freed slaves.  

No no babble in that just pure hard facts!

Archived