IGNORED

Ashton Gate - NEW BUS ROUTES ANNOUNCED (MERGED)

Bat Fastard

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

"The three new services include routes from the Portway Park & Ride; Brislington Park & Ride and a Temple Meads service to and from the stadium, with a number of stops on the way. 

Am I missing something - none of those listed go near Temple Meads ??

I take the A bus still runs?

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

"The three new services include routes from the Portway Park & Ride; Brislington Park & Ride and a Temple Meads service to and from the stadium, with a number of stops on the way. 

Presumably the AG3, but odd there is no mention of it, or whether concessions apply or not.

The back office stuff down there is a real nightmare.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Presumably the AG3, but odd there is no mention of it, or whether concessions apply or not.

The back office stuff down there is a real nightmare.

I wondered that too - the AG4 service is not referred to on the OS. 

@AdamB are you able to advise if this was a typo please?

• Admin
30 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The new Temple Meads route is for rugby only. Presumably City have an agreement with Abus for the existing service and don't want to/can't cause conflict with that.

Seriously ? Well that is shit !

Out of interest where does it state that?

• Admin

On the Bristol Sport site - but NOT on the City site !!!

Supporters can purchase the Bristol Inner Zone Day Ticket for £4 (adult), (£3 young person / student) and £2 (child). This ticket allows unlimited travel for a day on all First operated services in the Bristol Inner Zone, as well as special Ashton Gate services

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's quicker to walk from temple meads :(

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wondered that too - the AG4 service is not referred to on the OS. 

@AdamB are you able to advise if this was a typo please?

AG3 is the North Bristol route for Rugby only.
AG5 is the Temple Meads for Rugby, but the ABUS will continue to run for football, as before.

All football relevant info can be found on the How To Find Us page.

Regards,
Adam

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Can anyone confirm if the £4 return fare from the Park and Ride near the motorway would include the parking?  If so, that is not too bad.

I already use the Avonmouth P & R for some games - the normal return is £3 on Saturday, parking is free.

The improvement is that the new AG1 bus stops at the ground rather than in Hotwells (a long walk when it's raining in December!) , and it operates for evening games. The normal 902 bus stops at 9pm and the cark park was locked so I couldn't use it for evening games.

Some one will be paying for th e manned car park to stay open till 11.40pm when the last AG1 bus arrives, so well done to the club for sorting all this out, especially the returning buses running until last departure at  23.25 so people can have a beer with mates after (not the driver obviously!!)

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I already use the Avonmouth P & R for some games - the normal return is £3 on Saturday, parking is free.

The improvement is that the new AG1 bus stops at the ground rather than in Hotwells (a long walk when it's raining in December!) , and it operates for evening games. The normal 902 bus stops at 9pm and the cark park was locked so I couldn't use it for evening games.

Some one will be paying for th e manned car park to stay open till 11.40pm when the last AG1 bus arrives, so well done to the club for sorting all this out, especially the returning buses running until last departure at  23.25 so people can have a beer with mates after (not the driver obviously!!)

That is indeed excellent! Thanks for the info!

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

That is indeed excellent! Thanks for the info!

The £4 is actually for a Bristol Inner Zone Day Ticket , which allows unlimited travel in the inner zone, so you could for example get a bus to and from (any of)  the Park and Ride sites (depending on where you live) - and that's all included in the £4. ie buy the day ticket on the first journey and it's valid for the AG1 football shuttle as well.

Not being 'local'. What's stopping someone (not me obviously) from parking for free at Long Ashton P&R and walking to AG? 

If they have machine gun posts stopping people from exiting the site other than on a bus, assume you can pay £4 for a ticket get off at Hotwells, have a pint at a dockside pub then walk back to AG. Then after the match, assume you can walk back to the P&R site.

Anyone know whether either/both strategies are viable? 

5 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Not being 'local'. What's stopping someone (not me obviously) from parking for free at Long Ashton P&R and walking to AG? 

If they have machine gun posts stopping people from exiting the site other than on a bus, assume you can pay £4 for a ticket get off at Hotwells, have a pint at a dockside pub then walk back to AG. Then after the match, assume you can walk back to the P&R site.

Anyone know whether either/both strategies are viable? 

They will tackle you on the way out of the Park and Ride and you are likely to be subjected to GBH of the ear holes and told that you have to buy a bus ticket.  This is pretty rich when there are usually upwards of 600 empty parking spaces on a match day.

Archived