IGNORED

Ashton Gate - NEW BUS ROUTES ANNOUNCED (MERGED)

Bat Fastard

32 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

So how was the new bus experience? On time? Very busy?

2 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

5 of us thinking of using the Brislington P&R on Saturday, any feedback good or bad from the opening game?

Not very busy, roadworks on the way down made it about 45 minutes. Got the last one home at 18:40, i was the only person on there and it took 20 mins.

Based on the first match of the season, if going from Brislington, I would go for one of the early buses, 12:40 or 13:00. Arrived just after 13:00 and next bus arrived about 13:45.

As mentioned it took about 45 minutes to get to The Gate, only enough time for 1 cider!

Return journey was excellent, straight on the bus and back at the P&R in 20 minutes. 

Driver also confirmed that all passes are valid on this service, OAP, student, day rider etc.

22 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

Not very busy, roadworks on the way down made it about 45 minutes. Got the last one home at 18:40, i was the only person on there and it took 20 mins.

Hmmm they are not going to run it for very long if there is only one person on it. Hopefully they will publicise it before saturday to get a few more interested.

Did anyone use the Portway P&R?

Yep. I used the Portway P&R. 

Good. Would definitely use it again for the big matches. I was on the first bus which had around 30 odd on it. 

Only complaint was that the return journey starts outside The Robins, so you get caught up in the post match traffic. Better idea would be to drop and start at the bus lay by on the other side of the dual carriageway en route to Bemmy CC. Much easier to get out 

2 hours ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Hmmm they are not going to run it for very long if there is only one person on it. Hopefully they will publicise it before saturday to get a few more interested.

Did anyone use the Portway P&R?

The first one back at 17 00 was full

Archived