IGNORED

'Our Man in Havana' Plea for 1 or 2 Tickets for Wigan

havanatopia

Fellow Bristolians... I read the Pompey discussion about the farce of the ticket and queuing debacle remarking that a £45 million 'new' Ashton Gate deserved a 'fit for purpose' ticketing system to boot. I have experienced that now first hand, I have to sadly say.

The biggest disappointment, to put it mildly, is that I have stayed way beyond my 'affordable' time in the UK just to see the first match of the new season before I have to fly back to Manila. Are my hopes going to be dashed in spite of numerous attempts to buy on-line and over the phone all to no avail.

To be met with an answering machine on Monday at 1640 that said words to the effect 'It is after 5pm and our ticket office is now closed' was rather a kick in the chops to be perfectly fair. And after being advised via email that there are no tickets left in spite of the wonderful ladies helping me last time I am left with no choice but to get on my hands and knees on OTIB and beg for 1 or, preferably, 2 tickets if any kind soul might have anything available.

I will keep my fingers crossed something comes up. The Match Day threader will be a thoroughly miserable old fruit if he has to sit at home and cry into his tea cup.

:fingerscrossed:

I have enjoyed your pre match reports on the matchday threads and I am unable to attend the Wigan match on Saturday. 

You are welcome to use my season ticket in the Dolman if you like and we can arrange pick up and drop off for the ticket. 

PM me if you are still looking for one. 

I also have a 2nd child ticket seat next to mine. I don't let people try and get in on the child ticket, but the seat is available, if you can get hold of a 2nd ticket anywhere in the ground and then use that seat. 

Edited by Bar BS3

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have enjoyed your pre match reports on the matchday threads and I am unable to attend the Wigan match on Saturday. 

You are welcome to use my season ticket in the Dolman if you like and we can arrange pick up and drop off for the ticket. 

I also have a 2nd child ticket seat next to mine. I don't let people try and get in on the child ticket, but the seat is available, if you can get hold of a 2nd ticket anywhere in the ground and then use that seat. 

Mate, I'm not sure who best to ask on here, possibly @Dollymarie would know, or @Mkelly but I'm sure if you or @havanatopia called the club they'd happily take the difference between a child to adult ticket in cash and give a paper match ticket for that particular seat on Saturday. I did it with an U21 ticket my cousin had 2/3 seasons ago.

3 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Mate, I'm not sure who best to ask on here, possibly @Dollymarie would know, or @Mkelly but I'm sure if you or @havanatopia called the club they'd happily take the difference between a child to adult ticket in cash and give a paper match ticket for that particular seat on Saturday. I did it with an U21 ticket my cousin had 2/3 seasons ago.

Yes you can do that, I've done it a few times when a mates wanted to come. 

You need to do it at the ground though and I don't have time to get there and sort it out, hence getting a 2nd ticket anywhere in the ground and using my 2nd seat probably being easiest, on this occassion. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You need to do it at the ground though and I don't have time to get there and sort it out, hence getting a 2nd ticket anywhere in the ground and using my 2nd seat probably being easiest, on this occassion. 

Duh! Silly me. Great of you to offer anyway.

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Warning. If an adult uses a childs ticket on Saturday or in future. It will be taken off him/her and the person whose ticket it is has to collect it in the week from the ticket office with proof of identity.  Entry will also be refused for the adult on the day.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Star man IMO

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I'm trying to buy ticket and all I get is I have exceeded number/...and that they are limited to zero per person? 

I went to add one (just to see the issue) and was told the number issued to me exceeds limit, but if you click assign owner and then put the ticket holder down as someone else it should work

I don't have anyone else added, so selected 'unknown'

Edited by City169

5 minutes ago, City169 said:

I went to add one (just to see the issue) and was told the number issued to me exceeds limit, but if you click assign owner and then put the ticket holder down as someone else it should work

I don't have anyone else added, so selected 'unknown'

Weird I select unknown but then won't let me click on "ok"

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Weird I select unknown but then won't let me click on "ok"

Seeing the same issue (I hadn't checked as I have no intention of buying), perhaps add a friend/family member. It seems the system is keeping track of people do it would be a one time thing and you wouldn't need to add that person again

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks a lot Bar, very much appreciated.. I just got back in and see indeed, as others have said, that they have now come back on sale as the lovely Rachel @ city ticket office advised me via email also. probably best I just try 2 adult tickets first and I will let you know if I need to take you up on your more than kind offer. 

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Warning. If an adult uses a childs ticket on Saturday or in future. It will be taken off him/her and the person whose ticket it is has to collect it in the week from the ticket office with proof of identity.  Entry will also be refused for the adult on the day.

As I say, I would never let anybody  (adult) get entry to the ground using my son's child ticket. 

But it does mean there is a second seat reserved next to my adult season ticket seat that he could use if he was to purchase a second ticket for any other part of the ground. 

18 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Thanks a lot Bar, very much appreciated.. I just got back in and see indeed, as others have said, that they have now come back on sale as the lovely Rachel @ city ticket office advised me via email also. probably best I just try 2 adult tickets first and I will let you know if I need to take you up on your more than kind offer. 

No problem at all. Just let me know if you'd like it. 

On 8/4/2016 at 03:29, Bar BS3 said:

No problem at all. Just let me know if you'd like it. 

Hi there, Purchased two adults together in the South Stand close to the Dolman.. once again really appreciate your offer of help. Pity you cannot make it; I shall try and ensure the match day thread lives up to expectations... might be a tall order but I will do my level best. :)

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Hi there, Purchased two adults together in the South Stand close to the Dolman.. once again really appreciate your offer of help. Pity you cannot make it; I shall try and ensure the match day thread lives up to expectations... might be a tall order but I will do my level best. :)

Enjoy your matchday mate.