IGNORED

Wigan tickets on sale now online

Loderingo

3 hours ago, Kibs said:

I'm not so sure, it may appear that way but they may not have opened up all the seats in the other stands due the safety certificate and it sounds like it's pretty much just the season ticket holders in the lower west. 

Hopefully you're right though, be a real shame to see a load of empty seats in the bottom tier on the "grand opening".

Agree with this, looks like less than 500 seats available on line, let's hope there aren't vast swathes of seats empty in the corners of the SS previously occupied by the corporate crowd.

The wings of the WS lower were relatively empty when ST sales were ended, so they will remain empty for Wigan.

• Admin

Last season a sell-out was around 15750. This season we must be around 13500 Season Ticket Holders (they'd surely have told us if we had passed the 13600 record) with 1000 in the Atyeo. If the remaining STHs are split fairly evenly amongst the 3 remaining stands that would leave capacity at approaching 20k on Saturday and leave approximately 2000 unsold in the lower West Stand (dependent on the make up of corporate within our capacity).

9 hours ago, !james said:

Good job the club invested in this state of the art ticketing service....

Just a shame they don't have state of the art people running it.

The whole IT thing is a sick joke, I am surprised Lansdown doesn't hand some P45s out and recruit a proper back office team like they have on the football side.

57 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

New system and all that there's bound to be a few bugs, always is with new systems,

i would be less forgiving if we didn't have this stealth tax business

It has been a new system for two years.

The bugs are supposed to be found with extensive testing before you go live not still be occurring over a year after you go live. It is so unprofessional. 

8 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

looks to me as if we've almost sold out... It was 16,000 plus last year without the west stand so id imagine we'll be nearer 20,000 Saturday... Not many tickets left guy's

We are way short of 16000 tickets sold so far, Wigan have only sold 1000 of their 2700 seats that would of been available to them which doesn't help

Its worrying so many are having issues ordering the tickets, maybe some of the guys on here who stated it was fine for them could assist the others.

Had a couple of guys in work asking about getting tickets for the newcastle game but told them its a ball ache. I fear news of the ticketing blunders are putting off potential new fans!

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

We are way short of 16000 tickets sold so far, Wigan have only sold 1000 of their 2700 seats that would of been available to them which doesn't help

Do we actually know the exact capacity for wigan? We know the attendance is going to be at least 14,500 with the wigan fans so would be shocked if we dont get at least 3k extra turning up for first game of the season.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Do we actually know the exact capacity for wigan? We know the attendance is going to be at least 14,500 with the wigan fans so would be shocked if we dont get at least 3k extra turning up for first game of the season.

ST is around 14k, plus the 1000 form wigan is 15k I expect it will be 16- 17k

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The problem is we only have 2 days for "general sale" I really don't understand why they don't have a cash only turnstile open, particularly against such a low key team like Wigan

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

The problem is we only have 2 days for "general sale" I really don't understand why they don't have a cash only turnstile open, particularly against such a low key team like Wigan

It needs to be sorted quick time, there must be reasoning as to why they dont have a cash only turnstile. Surely no other club in the second tier have these issues so frequently.

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

because it will only be 1 turnstyle with some young oik manning it and about 300 - 400 people turning up from 14:45 expecting to walk right through causing queuing issues, and then some wouldn't be able to add the hidden charges etc

22 minutes ago, harrys said:

As I have just replied to Monkeh, I think you are forgetting the "corporates", which I believe make up around 1,000.

With them included, we should be at 16,000 without any member ticket sales or POTD (the 16,000 includes 1,000 from Wigan)

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

because it will only be 1 turnstyle with some young oik manning it and about 300 - 400 people turning up from 14:45 expecting to walk right through causing queuing issues, and then some wouldn't be able to add the hidden charges etc

Maybe employ 2 oiks or even 3, I'm sure I went to an away game last year and paid at the turnstile.

However did we manage to get 37000 plus in AG during our top flight days with all those plebs paying with old fashioned cash?

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

As I have just replied to Monkeh, I think you are forgetting the "corporates", which I believe make up around 1,000.

With them included, we should be at 16,000 without any member ticket sales or POTD (the 16,000 includes 1,000 from Wigan)

Yes, but minus the top tier the ground only holds 19500, bare in mind that the club had to hold 3000-4000 seats back in the rest of the ground in case the lower tier wasn't ready and also the club had put aside 2700 seats aside for Wigan fans, anyway forget the numbers, I've been told that at the moment we are way short of 16000 but who knows how many more we may sell 

24 minutes ago, harrys said:

Maybe employ 2 oiks or even 3, I'm sure I went to an away game last year and paid at the turnstile.

However did we manage to get 37000 plus in AG during our top flight days with all those plebs paying with old fashioned cash?

Because people didn't relay on technology then, they had that greatest of super powers.............. Common sense

i include the club and fans in that 

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

Yes, but minus the top tier the ground only holds 19500, bare in mind that the club had to hold 3000-4000 seats back in the rest of the ground in case the lower tier wasn't ready and also the club had put aside 2700 seats aside for Wigan fans, anyway forget the numbers, I've been told that at the moment we are way short of 16000 but who knows how many more we may sell 

They only held back the number of st holders in the west stand plus the10% they must make available for general sale

25 minutes ago, harrys said:

But how can we be 'way short' of 16,000? We have around 13,500 season tickets, 1,000 corporates, and around 1,000 from Wigan. So that's 15,500 even without any non season ticket holders buying a ticket. 

We'll easily have more than 16,000.

8 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

But how can we be 'way short' of 16,000? We have around 13,500 season tickets, 1,000 corporates, and around 1,000 from Wigan. So that's 15,500 even without any non season ticket holders buying a ticket. 

and remember, members had been allowed to buy tickets over an extended period.

16 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Hope you're right 

14 hours ago, Londoner said:

I didn't understand this either. Didn't help that it took me about half an hour o realise

If you contact Supporter Services we will refund the difference between general sale and member price. We can also investigate this issue for you so it doesn't happen in the future.

Regards,
Adam

14 hours ago, NiceRed said:

It wouldn't let me buy any tickets when I tried an hour or so ago. I was able to select seats but when it came to buy them it said my allocation for this game was zero. I'm a member. I'll try again later....

It may be the case that you logged in with the wrong details if it says your allocation is zero. You may have multiple records on our system, which is causing this conflict. Supporter Services will be happy to assist to ensure this runs smoothly in the future.

Regards,
Adam

13 hours ago, Cider Army said:

I'm having the same issue,so called my allocation is zero I'm also a member.why is buying 2 tickets so bloody difficult!!

As mentioned above, if you contact Supporter Services we can look into why this happened. Again it may be that you have multiple accounts.

Regards,

Adam

11 hours ago, Leveller said:

The pricing still confuses me. I'm a ST holder but buying an extra ticket for my non member son. So do I pay full price based on his age, or claim Membership price? The system treats me as a member and says it can load the ticket on my card, but then I'd have two seats on one card. That can't be right!

The price for your son would be a non-member price, unless he purchases a membership.

The system shouldn't allow two tickets to be loaded to one card. If this has happened, we'll need to investigate asap.

Regards,
Adam

Archived