IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think it could be more or less sold out within an hour or so - not sure what number that translates to these days though with attendance restrictions etc.

18k - 20k ?

I would imagine at least 21k if it's just top section of Lansdown Stand not available?

16 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

I'm sorry if people have already asked this but what's the time scale on opening the top tier in the Lansdown

I counted less than 200 seats in the lower "bowl" after just 40 minutes of general sale. They need to get the top tier available asap.

21 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/newcastle-and-villa-tickets-on-general-sale-3243126.aspx

Still no confirmation of whether the top tier will be used. Im guessing its a no!

It's a bit strange that there's been zero mention of the top tier in any of the stories about either game. If they can't/won't open it, just say... @Mkelly?

1 minute ago, El Hombrecito said:

It's a bit strange that there's been zero mention of the top tier in any of the stories about either game. If they can't/won't open it, just say... @Mkelly?

Yeah exactly several days left to complete the upper tier. I heard rumours that they only have one toilet in the top tier ready :facepalm:.

Hopefully those on this forum who are working on the stadium can confirm

So, 18k sold as general sale begins. 13.5k STH + 2.5 away fans means we've sold only 2k to members for one of the highest profile games of the season. I think that's disappointing and suggests to me that our "second tier" support isn't that great.

That said, I do expect above-average sales in the next phase as there will be plenty who are coming mainly to watch the opposition. Let's hope we can hook them in.

9 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Question for anyone.

me and my old man couldn't get a season ticket this year due to other commitments. These have since changed so we are going to buy one. Went to do it today and obviously because tickets had been sold for the Newcastle game we was unable to get the seats we wanted. We noticed that Seats for toon and villa were selling out quickly so bought tickets for both games.

question is do the club offer any reimbursement to include these tickets in a season ticket price? Also does the price of season tickets drop after each home game is played?

Thanks 

I'd say that's an unusual situation and you need to ask the club. But if they have any sense of "doing the right thing" at all, they will sell you the season tickets and reimburse you for the match tickets.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So, 18k sold as general sale begins. 13.5k STH + 2.5 away fans means we've sold only 2k to members for one of the highest profile games of the season. I think that's disappointing and suggests to me that our "second tier" support isn't that great.

That said, I do expect above-average sales in the next phase as there will be plenty who are coming mainly to watch the opposition. Let's hope we can hook them in.

Don't we only have about 2k members though? So the take up is very good.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Don't we only have about 2k members though? So the take up is very good.

Where did you hear that? If we only have 2k members, that's very disappointing. It's an absolute no-brainer for regular attenders (such as myself) and, combined with rugby members, I would have hoped for a much higher figure.

2k members would mean we only have a total of 15.5k who attend more than four games a season (on the basis that membership pays back in 4 games). That can't be right surely?

3 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Question for anyone.

me and my old man couldn't get a season ticket this year due to other commitments. These have since changed so we are going to buy one. Went to do it today and obviously because tickets had been sold for the Newcastle game we was unable to get the seats we wanted. We noticed that Seats for toon and villa were selling out quickly so bought tickets for both games.

question is do the club offer any reimbursement to include these tickets in a season ticket price? Also does the price of season tickets drop after each home game is played?

Thanks 

Can you still buy a season ticket now??? 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Adam Baker just said on Radio Bristol that the top tier could be opened for the Newcastle game.  

Could? That's helpful. I'm gagging for this to be a sell out 27,000. Gutted I'm away . Never had so many people ring me for my season ticket because they new I was away. 

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where did you hear that? If we only have 2k members, that's very disappointing. It's an absolute no-brainer for regular attenders (such as myself) and, combined with rugby members, I would have hoped for a much higher figure.

2k members would mean we only have a total of 15.5k who attend more than four games a season (on the basis that membership pays back in 4 games). That can't be right surely?

There isn't the same necessity this season to be a member,  for the last two seasons there has. People without ST's know that they will get in the ground now that we have 27,000 seats. There are always going to be 10,000 tickets on open sale for every game.

According to AB they do have the certificate to open the top tier; perhaps part of that process is to sell out the rest before they can which is all well and good by the FL but it does mess people around when going on line. 

I believe this arrangement will be gone by the Villa game and thereafter... here is hoping.

Adam baker said on radio bristol that nearly 19000 tickets have been sold for the newcastle game, and the trigger

Point for opening the upper tier of the west stand was 20000.

That presumably means that 6500 non season ticket holders have bought tickets, but wont be sitting in the 

Top tie (if they wanted to).  Presumably if you want a ticket for the top tier (when it is expected to be in use)

you have to take a chance that 20000 will be reached before buying your ticket, and you wont know until the

Trigger point is reached. If this point is not reached all the good seats in other areas will have gone.

Does this also mean that we could have 20000 fans in the other areas and only a few hundred in the top tier.

This scenario would come in to play for all fans if we draw a top team in a cup competition.

I apologise to dollymarie if this subject has been discussed previously.

Archived