IGNORED

Six years ago....

Tinmans Love Child

Personally, I don't really blame Coppell.  If the job wasn't what he was sold or he was struggling with personal issues than staying on could have been much, much worse for him and/or the club. 

Given some of the nature of comments from McInnes about his time at City you do wonder what state the club was behind the scenes.  Thankfully, a wholly more professional structure and outfit these days.

My facebook 'on this day' status came up with ' Nurse to the server room, nurse to server room... actually call the fire brigade I see flames. '

Lordy what a day that was. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

My facebook 'on this day' status came up with ' Nurse to the server room, nurse to server room... actually call the fire brigade I see flames. '

Lordy what a day that was. :facepalm:

Ha! Mine said 

"Ok I'm over it now. Sod him. City til I die not City til I can't be bothered. Toodle pip!" 

:D 

16 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Older fans can always remember what they were doing when they heard the news about two events. JFK being shot in Dallas and Coppell resigning. 

I was a young lad when JFK was assassinated. I was at junior school when the news came out. Obviously didn't understand the impact on what that meant.

As for Coppell resigning I have no recollection of where I was when the news broke. :dunno:

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Coppell just realised that he'd made a mistake and just couldn't do it. It was entirely a personal thing and nothing to do with state of the club at the time.

Coppell would have done the same at any club he'd taken over.

Like, say, Man City?

John Lennon I can remember where I was. I also remember the rumour changing to it being Jack Lemmon within the hour. I was very young

I also remember who I woke up next to the morning when the news on Lady Di came through. Safe to say it wasn't who it was supposed to be. Ahhhh, good times

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Like, say, Man City?

Coppell had fallen out love with football at that time. He made a mistake in taking the job and resigned because of it. No doubt he felt he could not give 100% to the job. 

Man City was a different scenario completely.

Anyway...I can remember vividly reading the newspapers I was delivering that Jimi Hendrix had died. Such sad news. I was only just getting into his music at that time......:sad26:

6 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Personally, I don't really blame Coppell.  If the job wasn't what he was sold or he was struggling with personal issues than staying on could have been much, much worse for him and/or the club. 

Given some of the nature of comments from McInnes about his time at City you do wonder what state the club was behind the scenes.  Thankfully, a wholly more professional structure and outfit these days.

He'd have had a better idea of what the job was if he'd turned up for it when he got it, not 5 minutes before the season started.

Archived