IGNORED

The Official Burton Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Little starts. Matthews must be completely unfit 

To be fair I was at Wolves and Fulham last year, he was completely unfit then! difference is we have another fit RB whereas last time we didn't!

Gone for a diamond again today, prefer the 4-2-3-1 but when you have the strikers we have its madness not to start them both!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

A very attacking line up. LJ obviously sees weakness in there defence...

Yep I think his thinking will be that they are there for the taking if we can start on the front foot. 

The fact that they went and scored theee at Forest and still lost the game suggests that defence isn't their strong suit!

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not the draught!  Stop drinking bottles and get down the pub or buy a polypin.

Ah- good to know as drinking the draught.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Get yourself a Proper Job or Top Job if you can find one. :yawn:

Yep- good call. 

So, and in conclusion:

During match it's OTIB washed down with a West Country Proper Job, a further pint of HSD ( high speed Dowda) if appropriate, a pint of Rattler if things aren't going to plan at half time and it remains Doom or Tribute at full time.

As for the venue- it's going to be the Ship Inn- hopefully in recognition of Burton's goalie.

• Like 1

Not surprised we are going two up front today, although does highlight with only Wilbs on the bench we have little cover. Think this is horses for courses and would expect to go one up front next few games. Would also much prefer to see Tomlin in the centre.

Also surprised by Little and Pack if I am honest. We shall see!

Edited by cityexile

Brownhill preferred in midfield to other potential options of Freeman, Pack and Reid.

I know they're not all the same 'types' of midfielder by repute, nevertheless interesting that LJ's new signing gets priority over all 3.

Brownhill is intriguing, LJ obviously thinks there's alot to come from him.

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I think the "Mar" in Marmite comes from the fact that the yeast is from MARston's brewery (in Burton, of course).

How romantic but afraid not...

marmite (pronounced mar-meet) is a traditional crockery casserole dish found in France. It is famed for its "pot-belly" shape. According to the French culinary reference work Le Répertoire de la Cuisine.

Hence why you see one on the label me babber.

• Like 2