IGNORED

The Official Burton Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Brownhill was far from impressive last week and the whole time he was on the field the game passed him by. Would feel better if Pack was in the middle alongside O'Neil.

Little at right back also concerning. If Matthews is that unfit makes the decision to let Ayling leave even more of a strange one given the lack of defensive cover.

If Little's shoulder injury is sorted and he's got his pace back deserves his chance.

Brownhill can't be judged on one appearance, Baker and Matthews were rubbish the first time they played last season.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

If Little's shoulder injury is sorted and he's got his pace back deserves his chance.

Brownhill can't be judged on one appearance, Baker and Matthews were rubbish the first time they played last season.

Yes, LJ has just said that on RB. He said Little was playing with his injury when he came back last season and deserve a chance to prove his fitness.

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Brownhill was far from impressive last week and the whole time he was on the field the game passed him by. Would feel better if Pack was in the middle alongside O'Neil.

Little at right back also concerning. If Matthews is that unfit makes the decision to let Ayling leave even more of a strange one given the lack of defensive cover.

Can see us conceding at least two, not saying we won't score three, but we look wide open.

30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Be interesting to see who goes into the back 4 if either Flint or Magnusson get injured!

My guess would be one of the full backs on the bench would.

If Magnusson was injured I'd expect Golbourne to come on, if Flint did, I think we'd be buggered (!) but it would probably depend on the score, amount of time left etc, but expect Matthews would come on and Little go into the middle.

Just now, GrahamC said:

My guess would be one of the full backs on the bench would.

If Magnusson was injured I'd expect Golbourne to come on, if Flint did, I think we'd be buggered (!) but it would probably depend on the score, amount of time left etc, but expect Matthews would come on and Little go into the middle.

Could well be Graham, I only mooted Pack because I thought LJ had mentioned the possibility of him playing there recently.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Brownhill was playing in an attacking position last week, not his natural role. This is where he was meant to play, and though Pack is stronger, I think Brownhill will show his desire for the ball, like a Kante rather than a Matic. 

Also, to those who say we look thin in midfield... Gary O Neill is a strong guy in the tackle.

• Like 1