Team for Norwich

SODS_LAW

If I was Lee Johnson, I'd want to go nice and solid, with something like this:

(4-2-3-1)

Adam Matthews  Hordur Magnusson  Aden Flint  Scott Golbourne

Marlon Pack  Gary O'Neil

Callum O'Dowda  Lee Tomlin  Luke Freeman

Tammy Abraham

Subs: Max O'Leary, Mark Little, Derrick Williams, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid, Josh Brownhill, Jonathan Kodjia

On 14 August 2016 at 11:35, JasonM88 said:

For me, Tomlins beest performances last season came from the left side, he never have the time or space in the middle to really get his foot on the ball and dictate where the ball went.

I think his only good performance out there came against Sheffield Wednesday. 

In the middle vs Huddersfield and out on the right against Bolton were another two where he was quality. 

Fulham away when he was out on the left we were instantly much better once Odemwingie came on and Tomlin moved into the middle. 

22 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Stop stating what the manager and Lee Tomlin have said. Clearly his best and preferred position is behind the striker. OTIB said so. Of course he'd be deadly in a central attacking role but he prefers it on the left and LJ has said that as well. Reid is our best option to play behind the striker in an attacking lineup. 

I personally think he's better behind the strikers & not very effective out on the left as we've seen so far this season.

But this comment interests me,  I've seen this mentioned a lot on here but never saw the actual interviews. Where do LJ & LT say this? 

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

I think his only good performance out there came against Sheffield Wednesday. 

In the middle vs Huddersfield and out on the right against Bolton were another two where he was quality. 

Fulham away when he was out on the left we were instantly much better once Odemwingie came on and Tomlin moved into the middle. 

I personally think he's better behind the strikers & not very effective out on the left as we've seen so far this season.

But this comment interests me,  I've seen this mentioned a lot on here but never saw the actual interviews. Where do LJ & LT say this? 

He defiantly played out left against Huddersfield 

46 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

No he didn't. Watch the highlights.

He is on the left and he's allowed to drift inwards when he needs to. He's done this already this season. He was on the right at times against Wigan and was almost playing the Pack role at times on that second half in the same game. Same as Huddersfield last year. They've said it a few times at the end of last season in various interviews. No question he'd be effective just behind the striker and indeed does pop up there but he prefers it on the left and when we kick off that's where you will see him starting. 

7 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Rod

Matthews Flint Magnusson Golbourne

O'Neil
   Brownhill                     Bryan
                      Tomlin

Kodjia        Tammy

I think Bryan could offer a bit of natural width as well as helping out centrally.

Unsure on whether I'd go with Bobby or Brownhill, would need to be a willing runner in the middle of the park as well as offering similar width as Joe would.

In fairness, the line up above could be far too attacking and could see us picked apart. But just another idea really!

I think we may get hammered with that team

On 14/08/2016 at 00:02, SODS_LAW said:

Rod

Matthews Flint Mags Bryan 

Pack     G'oN

C'oD           Tomlin           Kodjia 

Abraham

kodjia working down the left cutting on to his right and let Tomlin be the number 10 he is and feed Tammys good runs!!

Tom's,Kodjer + Abraham??...they will murder us..

ROD

AM AF HM SG

CO MP GO JB

LT

.          TA

Personnaly think this is the best side possible to play Norwich, I watched them again Sheff Wed and they were not that great. 

I think we have to play with a workmanlike back 4 and steely CM pairing. Pace would be the key to opening them up. Slow at the back. 

Id rather see us go there and give as good as we got than go and lose 1-0/2-0 and defend for 90 minutes. We are in a position after the first two games where we can afford to have a go at all 3 of the relegated sides. 

You can do this and still be defensively solid. However I don't think from what I saw of Norwich that we are majorly behind them 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Seems like Norwich are a threat down their right side with Hoolahan and Pinto so playing Golbourne and Bryan on the left would make sense.

I'd go for one up top for this game with Kodjia and Pack with O'Neil in front of the back four.

O'Dowda and Tomlin with Bryan behind Kodjia.

4-2-3-1 to match their line up - but guess LJ may well go for 4-5-1.

Very difficult game, be really pleased with a draw but not expecting it.

Couldn't agree more. :whistle::clap::clap:

I think we will be managing TA's game time carefully, by the sound of it we had to jump through a few hoops to get him here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench to begin with.

ROD

AM AF HM SG

MP   GON

COD   LT    JB

JK

changing to 4-5-1 out of possession 

52 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think we will be managing TA's game time carefully, by the sound of it we had to jump through a few hoops to get him here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench to begin with.

ROD

AM AF HM SG

MP   GON

COD   LT    JB

JK

changing to 4-5-1 out of possession 

No need to get technical,Lee....

Archived