IGNORED

Derrick Williams Joined Blackburn (Official)

Bat Fastard

Well from Alan Nixon(take the info and source how you want) we are in talks with a premier league club over a CB. If brought in, one(player doesn't specify position) will be out. On Twitter many are assuming it would be Williams but no journo has said that, only fans. 

Apparently so but also incoming CB from Prem club. No names yet but Twitter fairly active on this at the moment and Alan Nixon quoting this

may see something happen next week with a few coming and goings with the boost of additional funds from Bolasie to Everton it could be an interesting coulee of weeks in the transfer market for BCFC

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Nixon said the CB coming in would be a squad player and not a star, if I understood him correctly.

Having said that he said only a few days ago we were signing Rico Henry and that looks like BS.

EDIT - this info is on the other thread about this 

Think he's saying the Prem player is a Prem squad player....that's how I'm reading it.  Having said that whoever comes in will have to oust Flint/Magnússon 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Model pro perhaps but certainly the jury still out for me on his ability at this level. 

In my eyes he is decent enough backup for this level, and has the potential to be a good championship CB. He's still over half a decks away from a defenders prime age.

Though I have a sneaky feeling there's a championship club who want him

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Moore would be back up for Flint and Mathews. I still see Little and Freeman leaving. 

If we lose Freeman, would we be looking to replace him?

Ayling and Little, plus Agard and Freeman out the door changes the look of our squad from pretty healthy with a couple who have yet to prove themselves, to a relatively threadbare looking affair.

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Do we really have enough cover if we sign a CH to then let Derek williams and Mark little go?... We would have Mathews, flint and whoever the new player is at right sided defensive players. We would look incredibly light and an injury/red card away from a disaster. 

If we let both go, I'd say we need a centre back who is capable at right back (Liam Moore/Kevin Long) and another centre back (Tiago Ilori?).

Certainly wouldn't let both go and replace with just one!

13 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

It's Mark Ashton's responsibility to ensure we stay within FFP rules, this is probably why we have to sell in order to buy now

Nothing has been said about needing to sell in order to buy. The comments made by people ITK suggest we will be breaking our record transfer fee again this summer, that won't be offset by 700k or so (realistic fee) we'd get for Williams.

Just now, City169 said:

Nothing has been said about needing to sell in order to buy. The comments made by people ITK suggest we will be breaking our record transfer fee again this summer, that won't be offset by 700k or so (realistic fee) we'd get for Williams.

It might be tied in with the expected windfall from Bolasie as well though.

The Bolasie sell on doesn't help the wage bill. Don't want 25 players on long contracts. I imagine we will be wanting to shift squad players on a decent wage. Good to get a fee for Ayling and if Little goes that opens up plenty of wages for a back up CB/RB. Imagine if we knew we wanted to spend on a striker, those wages were set aside. 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Moore would be back up for Flint and Mathews. I still see Little and Freeman leaving. But who knows if it is Moore, his career has been full of stop and  starts . 

Williams is no better or worse than Liam Moore and Moore would be coming in as cover. So save the money and keep Williams !

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Model pro perhaps but certainly the jury still out for me on his ability at this level. 

He is no better or worse than Liam Moore in my opinion. So save the money and keep Williams. Moore coming in wouldn't be happy to bench warm after his spell at Leicester . 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Agree to disagree.

Well he made 30 appearances in a team that won the league by 11 points and was highly regarded by Leicester fans that season.  

He clearly wasn't at his best when with us, fitness and sharpness wise, but I think there's an excellent player in there. 

32 minutes ago, City169 said:

:shocking: 3-400k., max.

1 hour ago, City169 said:

In my eyes he is decent enough backup for this level, and has the potential to be a good championship CB. He's still over half a decks away from a defenders prime age.

Though I have a sneaky feeling there's a championship club who want him

Extremely unlikely.

Williams has looked very uncomfortable at this level, and certainly won't have impressed rival Championship clubs.

If he goes it will be because he's viewed as surplus by LJ, not because he's in demand.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

:shocking: 3-400k., max.

Extremely unlikely.

Williams has looked very uncomfortable at this level, and certainly won't have impressed rival Championship clubs.

If he goes it will be because he's viewed as surplus by LJ, not because he's in demand.

Williams is a far better player than you're giving him credit for. His only appearances were when the entire back line looked awful, apart from Huddersfield at home, where he was brilliant.

Its no coincidence he won young player of the year in 2013/14 despite JET being in that category and scoring 20 odd goals, Williams has a bright future ahead of him,  and I'm pretty sure a team like Blackburn would be happy to have him join.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Williams is a far better player than you're giving him credit for. His only appearances were when the entire back line looked awful, apart from Huddersfield at home, where he was brilliant.

Its no coincidence he won young player of the year in 2013/14 despite JET being in that category and scoring 20 odd goals, Williams has a bright future ahead of him,  and I'm pretty sure a team like Blackburn would be happy to have him join.

I don't think so, he was satisfactory in L1, but has looked nervous and out of his depth in the Championship.

If his future is as bright as you think, there's no need for you to worry about him leaving.

LJ would have noticed such potential and would certainly insist on keeping DW as back up if he considered him as promising as you do. 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think so, he was satisfactory in L1, but has looked nervous and out of his depth in the Championship.

If his future is as bright as you think, there's no need for you to worry about him leaving.

LJ would have noticed such potential and would certainly insist on keeping DW as back up if he considered him as promising as you do. 

I said I think he'll become a good championship defender, LJ doesn't seem to plan on us being in the championship for too long so selling him would make sense, providing we bring in someone else with higher potential

Archived