IGNORED

Derrick Williams Joined Blackburn (Official)

Bat Fastard

Always seems like a nice guy and was part of that great side a couple years ago so should be remembered well.

A shame to lose a decent defender and good character to a team in the same division but this is how we should be moving players on.  Get a bit of money back, don't have to pay up his contract (presumably) and he moves on with good memories of the club with no bitterness.

More good business. This summer has been very impressive imo.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Also shows that the "L1 standard at best" brigade are incorrect.

Not when Blackburn get relegated..

8 minutes ago, !james said:

How times have changed when Leeds and Blackburn are buying are back up players for their first teams.

I said elsewhere the other day about how 6 months ago we were praying that, arguably our best defender (Bennet) didn't go to Blackburn, now as you said they're buying our fringe players as first teamers :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, kevthered said:

He always gave 100 per cent....I liked him and sad to see him go.......will get a good clap from me when he comes to the gate and will probably be their man of the match

100%? Crystal Palace's Steve Parish said last night that Wilf Zaha always gives 1000% for them. Maybe that's the difference between Championship and Prem... 

21 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Always got the feeling he was never fully appreciated here. Came to us a youngster from villa and racked up well over 100 appearances, was a solid 7/10 every week in the title winning season. All the best Derrick.

I think he was appreciated at the time for the job he did at the level we were at at that time. 

We're now into our second season at a higher level and he's been far from convincing at this level. 

I wish him all the best but if we are to progress as a club then sentiment needs to go out of the window. We've identified the opportunities to improve the squad and acted on them. 

All the best Del, but much like Agard, Wagstaff and co - I won't be losing any sleep. 

On 15 August 2016 at 10:17, City169 said:

Williams is a far better player than you're giving him credit for. His only appearances were when the entire back line looked awful, apart from Huddersfield at home, where he was brilliant.

Its no coincidence he won young player of the year in 2013/14 despite JET being in that category and scoring 20 odd goals, Williams has a bright future ahead of him,  and I'm pretty sure a team like Blackburn would be happy to have him join.

Congrats on earning your ITK badge kiddo. 

He was good enough to play in an un-natural (for him) LWB role ahead of Joe Bryan in the first half of last season, scoring at Brighton and creating one of Wilbs goals v Forest.  The squad has improved and there will always be players leaving as the squad evolves.  This is one player who couldn't force his way in over the top of Flint and Magnússon/Baker.  Nor could Alex Pearce.  Sometimes you're just not better than the current incumbents.  You either sit and wait for your chance, or you move on.  

For me he was a steady 6/10 most weeks.  That's no bad thing.  He has improved massively since his debut in 13/14.  I think a few on here tar him with the brush of a defence caught in the headlights early on last season.  The whole unit struggled, and it wasn't all their fault.

He'll get game time at Blackburn and we sometimes see different things in a player when they turn up for the opposition!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was good enough to play in an un-natural (for him) LWB role ahead of Joe Bryan in the first half of last season, scoring at Brighton and creating one of Wilbs girls v Forest.  The squad has improved and there will always be players leaving as the squad evolves. This is one player who couldn't force his way in over the top of Flint and Magnússon/Baker.  Nor could Alex Pearce.  Sometimes you're just not better than the current incumbents.  You either sit and wait for your chance, or you move on

Does Wilbs know about this?

I'm not used to this way of doing things, selling players and getting money. Usually we have bought expensive and they've been flops which we had to give away or pay off contracts. This is quite weird.

1 hour ago, TheBigMan said:

Good luck Derrick, one of my favourite players in a Cuty shirt. Pleased we've made a profit though, here's to the future!

What's a 'cuty ' shirt and when did you see him wearing one ?

In other news ; Best of luck Del ,good player and always gave 100% .

Good business by City ,once again .

Archived