IGNORED

Derrick Williams Joined Blackburn (Official)

Bat Fastard

Inevitable I guess. Decent player and I've never bought the whole "L1 at best" criticism aimed at him. 

It certainly shows signs of our progress that we have improved and DW has fallen down the pecking order here. 

Wish him all the best and thanks for playing a significant part in our oh so special season. 

All the best Del Boy and good luck at BRFC (what is it with clubs with those initials being car crashes?). Nice couple of OGs against us just for old times sake wouldn`t go amiss - Shane Duffy can show you how it`s done.

Is it just me or is it a little bit sad to see the squad that gave us one of our best seasons ever being broken up or should I just be happy with the progress we`re making? Who`s left now - Wilbs, Freeman, Little, Frankie, Korey, JB, Bobby R, Wes, Marlon and Flinty by my reckoning.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

All the best Del Boy and good luck at BRFC (what is it with clubs with those initials being car crashes?). Nice couple of OGs against us just for old times sake wouldn`t go amiss - Shane Duffy can show you how it`s done.

Is it just me or is it a little bit sad to see the squad that gave us one of our best seasons ever being broken up or should I just be happy with the progress we`re making? Who`s left now - Wilbs, Freeman, Little, Frankie, Korey, JB, Bobby R, Wes, Marlon and Flinty by my reckoning.

Freeman and Little have to be nervous or excited (or both).

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

I said elsewhere the other day about how 6 months ago we were praying that, arguably our best defender (Bennet) didn't go to Blackburn, now as you said they're buying our fringe players as first teamers :thumbsup:

Unless my memory is getting worse Bennett is and was not a defender - certainly not for us.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did think about putting that in TBH! Frankie too possibly and Wilbs won`t be here next season as a player at least, maybe as a coach. Wes, who knows?

Bag frankie is a quality keeper when fully fit, personally think he is better then o'donnell but both are more then good enough for the championship

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Come on Archie, you tease.

Richardson and Ekstrand in or one of those and a Centre Forward??

(No idea about the 2 out, although we have 4 keepers now and Vyner could do with going out to play regularly on loan)

I fear one of the two out could be Freeman, hope not though. The other I have no idea about - can`t see it being Mark Little since we`re still short down that side and it surely won`t be JK - will it?

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I fear one of the two out could be Freeman, hope not though. The other I have no idea about - can`t see it being Mark Little since we`re still short down that side and it surely won`t be JK - will it?

Personally not worried if Freeman left RRH but can't see it as LJ has picked him for every game so far this season

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Personally not worried if Freeman left RRH but can't see it as LJ has picked him for every game so far this season

He is in the last year of his contract though and is very highly rated by a lot of clubs. I could certainly see a decent bid coming in from a high end league 1/lower championship side - someone like Barnsley perhaps?

I saw £700k on Twitbook.  They were in desperate need of a central defender / left back, we held the aces.

Great business if true, but thus is the market.

We might've gone ape at paying £1.5m for a 19 year old, had our summer biz not been so good (plus Bolassie money).  Then again I heard €800k and tonight I've seen £500k.

42 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"Undisclosed" of course at our end, rumoured by Blackburn fans to be £800K.

800! 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I saw £700k on Twitbook.  They were in desperate need of a central defender / left back, we held the aces.

Great business if true, but thus is the market.

We might've gone ape at paying £1.5m for a 19 year old, had our summer biz not been so good (plus Bolassie money).  Then again I heard €800k and tonight I've seen £500k.

To me that's brill

Archived