IGNORED

Newcastle top tier ticket

collier

29 minutes ago, johnshez said:

yes they are but as we said all your prawn sandwich brigade got the best seats they were not available for LOYAL FANS

Woah there fella, the best seats your referring to cost me an absolute fortune and before you comment on having the money it's all relative to what you can afford. Might I add to say because I'm sat in them I'm not 'Loyal' is very disrespectful to a significant number of people who have put a hell of a lot into the club financially over the years.

So 'Superfan' I've only missed 2 home games and 4 away games in the last 5 years and that's with a schedule that takes me over the world for work...shall we begin to have a dick waving contest?

Get over yourself.

25 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm not a fan of the prawn sandwich brigade but it's less than 2% of the capacity and we need them to make the £47 million spent on the ground viable . 

Spot on @Spoons revenue from this tiny % will be more than the entire season ticket revenue combined. 

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I vote prawn sandwiches for all - nothing elite about a bloody prawn sarnie!

Agree, it's all crayfish and avocado these days....

54 minutes ago, johnshez said:

yes they are but as we said all your prawn sandwich brigade got the best seats they were not available for LOYAL FANS

Who needs a Prawn Sandwich, when they have a massive Chip on their shoulder..?! 

This thread is getting a bit silly. As one who now gets his football at very cheap over 65 rates, I'd like to thank everyone who buys an ST or POTD for supporting the greatest football Club in the world.

We're all in it together, rich and not so rich, as City fans so let's stop trying to score points off each other and stick to the football rumours, comments and arguments.

COYR

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This thread is getting a bit silly. As one who now gets his football at very cheap over 65 rates, I'd like to thank everyone who buys an ST or POTD for supporting the greatest football Club in the world.

We're all in it together, rich and not so rich, as City fans so let's stop trying to score points off each other and stick to the football rumours, comments and arguments.

COYR

That is fine by me, I asked the question and I seemingly have the answer now. COYR 

1 hour ago, collier said:

That's fine, typical British mentality. No matter what, everything is fine. If you can't put up a reasonable hypothesis as to why moving up in a straight line is ok but moving up and to the left a little isn't? your right I am moaning about nothing.

Reasonable hypothesis forthwith:

If you wanted the best view from the top tier, you should've paid for the best view from the bottom tier.

Kind regards,

Logic.

I did,nt mention anything about your wealth charliesboots for every one of you in that centre stand theres 300 sat there because there firm sponsors game and they have no loyalty to city its a free pi-- up rich or poor you can be a loyal fan my argument is it was aright to sit centre stand when it was old Williams stand we had to leave for one season then promised we could get season ticket back once new stand was built but they did,nt mention the fact that all the best seats would be kept for corporate hospitality so not being able to get one there this season I thought I would at least get to experience the central upper stand from upper tier and I can,t even do that because I bought a season ticket in the wings of lower tier stand we were promised that if they opened top tier we could move up there it just seems stupid that we can move up there but not where we want to sit I could understand it if they were not selling tickets in the area we want to sit but they are so why be difficult to the fans who are prepared to put there money up front and don,t care who we are playing

1 minute ago, johnshez said:

I did,nt mention anything about your wealth charliesboots for every one of you in that centre stand theres 300 sat there because there firm sponsors game and they have no loyalty to city its a free pi-- up rich or poor you can be a loyal fan my argument is it was aright to sit centre stand when it was old Williams stand we had to leave for one season then promised we could get season ticket back once new stand was built but they did,nt mention the fact that all the best seats would be kept for corporate hospitality so not being able to get one there this season I thought I would at least get to experience the central upper stand from upper tier and I can,t even do that because I bought a season ticket in the wings of lower tier stand we were promised that if they opened top tier we could move up there it just seems stupid that we can move up there but not where we want to sit I could understand it if they were not selling tickets in the area we want to sit but they are so why be difficult to the fans who are prepared to put there money up front and don,t care who we are playing

If you had a ST in the Williams you will have been able to get a ST in the central blocks of the Lansdown Stand before ST holders in other stands? They aren't purely for corporate types.

13 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So it's just unfortunate that you were on holiday. Not really the club's fault, is it?

Short of backpacking through the jungle, being on holiday doesn't really stop you these days does it.  I was in Majorca last week and bought our Newcastle tickets on this new fangled thing called the internet, while sitting by a swimming pool watching my kids.

31 minutes ago, johnshez said:

Best seats are completely subjective,  I think the best are above the tunnel in the lower tier. Anyway, the club aren't saying you'll never get to sit there, it's just logistically a bit of a challenge. The ground isn't really finished yet, when it is - everything will run smoother. Be patient, it'll be worth it. 

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Reasonable hypothesis forthwith:

If you wanted the best view from the top tier, you should've paid for the best view from the bottom tier.

Kind regards,

Logic.

Ok I will bite. We actually had first refusal on tickets in the new stand. Unfortunately we only had exactly 1 week to purchase these. Unbeknown to me we selfishly booked ourselves a holiday about 6 months before this was known and were away for this entire week. When we came back alas all tickets in this area for the amount of people we needed were sold out. We were then chucked in with every one else in finding the right amount of tickets needed in a certain area( unless you wanted me to just chuck my 2 boys and other children that accompany us just anywhere in the stand). We were willing and able to purchase the best view tickets as you put it but circumstance didn't allow it. We then stupidly thought it would be ok as we would be able to move up into the middle of the upper tier when demand stated it would be open as advertised by the club but no. Now go and give yourself a couple more hours to dissect that and spin it around as to it being my fault for not wanting to spend out for top price tickets again. Logic?? 

14 minutes ago, collier said:

Ok I will bite. We actually had first refusal on tickets in the new stand. Unfortunately we only had exactly 1 week to purchase these. Unbeknown to me we selfishly booked ourselves a holiday about 6 months before this was known and were away for this entire week. When we came back alas all tickets in this area for the amount of people we needed were sold out. We were then chucked in with every one else in finding the right amount of tickets needed in a certain area( unless you wanted me to just chuck my 2 boys and other children that accompany us just anywhere in the stand). We were willing and able to purchase the best view tickets as you put it but circumstance didn't allow it. We then stupidly thought it would be ok as we would be able to move up into the middle of the upper tier when demand stated it would be open as advertised by the club but no. Now go and give yourself a couple more hours to dissect that and spin it around as to it being my fault for not wanting to spend out for top price tickets again. Logic?? 

That is unfortunate and poorly planned by the club, but this is a different situation. Yes they made life difficult for you in that instance but in this one it's entirely reasonable.

5 hours ago, johnshez said:

Its not likely to happen is it there all corporate it might be one game but I would be quite prepared to sit there every game if it was open my view is ok but as i

am season ticket holder don,t you think I deserve to sit in the best seat available rather than someone who will be there for one game?

Not at all, what about people who have been ST holders for decades and now have other commitments on a Saturday.

They still go to every City game they can, but a ST isn't viable.

Being a ST holder does not make YOU any better than all other City fans. 

Get over yourself.

26 minutes ago, collier said:

Was there absolutely no way of sorting it whilst on holiday?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Best seats are completely subjective.

Which is exactly why ALL non ST seats should be available for every game, I think someone else has already said that if a seat isn't for sale it can't be sold, if it is for sale it may not sell, but there is only one way to find out.

28 minutes ago, collier said:

The holiday aspect is irrelevant as the first tranche of tickets for the West Stand were only available by internet or phone, both/either of which are available anywhere. If I was on holiday I would have reserved some time to buy the tickets, I would have thought it was obvious the centre block tickets wouldn't last long and indeed most of them were gone in the first couple of hours, not really the Club's fault. 

19 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

That is unfortunate and poorly planned by the club, but this is a different situation. Yes they made life difficult for you in that instance but in this one it's entirely reasonable.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense, a reasonable and well thought out response. Why not say that the first time. Im not here looking for a fight on the forum, just reasonable debate on the subject. I have been called selfish, impatient and a cheap skate all for asking a reasonable question. People wonder why this is a real marmite forum, this is why.

Archived