IGNORED

Newcastle top tier ticket

collier

2 hours ago, johnshez said:

I did,nt mention anything about your wealth charliesboots for every one of you in that centre stand theres 300 sat there because there firm sponsors game and they have no loyalty to city its a free pi-- up rich or poor you can be a loyal fan my argument is it was aright to sit centre stand when it was old Williams stand we had to leave for one season then promised we could get season ticket back once new stand was built but they did,nt mention the fact that all the best seats would be kept for corporate hospitality so not being able to get one there this season I thought I would at least get to experience the central upper stand from upper tier and I can,t even do that because I bought a season ticket in the wings of lower tier stand we were promised that if they opened top tier we could move up there it just seems stupid that we can move up there but not where we want to sit I could understand it if they were not selling tickets in the area we want to sit but they are so why be difficult to the fans who are prepared to put there money up front and don,t care who we are playing

It's called being commercial 

You charge customers more for a premium service (hospitality) sit them in a premium area (centre of a stand) and make more money for your business as a result. 

The club is not a charity nor a social enterprise but ran as a going concern. In order for it to continue operating it has to maximise the services it has to offer. 

I'm afraid if you want a premium seat you have to pay a premium price. 

Anything less from the club would be commercial suicide. 

So what if businesses decide to spend £thousands of pounds per match to seat their employees or clients or individuals decide to treat themselves or a family member to an enhanced match day experience?

At what cost? A couple of hundred prime seats being sold as POTD or ST making what? £5/10k or those seats being sold for £50/100k?

Somethings got to pay those players wages and I'm afraid it ain't going to be POTD/ST in those seats.

I don't get the sense of entitlement  

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was there absolutely no way of sorting it whilst on holiday?

Considering I was in the states without access to everybody's details and the chance of a long wait on hold, time difference and no access to the actual plan of the new stand at the time............unfortunately no.

1 minute ago, collier said:

Considering I was in the states without access to everybody's details and the chance of a long wait on hold, time difference and no access to the actual plan of the new stand at the time............unfortunately no.

Is that not what the internets for? 

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it was possible then. Just would take a bit of coordination and Internet access. Not ideal obviously, but not really a reason that removes any possibility of getting the seats either.

12 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The holiday aspect is irrelevant as the first tranche of tickets for the West Stand were only available by internet or phone, both/either of which are available anywhere. If I was on holiday I would have reserved some time to buy the tickets, I would have thought it was obvious the centre block tickets wouldn't last long and indeed most of them were gone in the first couple of hours, not really the Club's fault. 

Yes im sure you would have been sat around at a computer with phone in hand with details of about 10 people at hand at about 1am with the time difference while you were on holiday. Plus the club didn't announce the procedure for the ticket sales months before they went on sale.

Yes im sure you would have been sat around at a computer with phone in hand with details of about 10 people at hand at about 1am with the time difference while you were on holiday. Plus the club didn't announce the procedure for the ticket sales months before they went on sale.

If there's ten of you why couldn't one of the others have done it? One of our friends was on holiday so I got his ticket for him, it's just a matter of being organised, I just don't think it's fair to blame the Club they tried to be as fair as possible and no system's perfect.

40 minutes ago, collier said:

I've got a feeling the United States has the Internet, and I also think the Internet is no respecter of time differences.

44 minutes ago, collier said:

Sorry mate, there's no chance you can blame that on the club. 

4 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Reasonable hypothesis forthwith:

If you wanted the best view from the top tier, you should've paid for the best view from the bottom tier.

Kind regards,

Logic.

Out of interest, was that the deal during pre-season sale period?  If so, makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, collier said:

I don't want to be smug, but....I was on holiday in Majorca and from the comfort of my sun lounger I bought tickets for 4 people using a laptop and hotel wifi within seconds of them going on sale. The procedure for ticket sales has been the same for a long time - head to the Bristol Sport website and off you go. I had all the details for all people associated to my online account before I left. I knew full well tickets would be released while I was away so made sure I planned ahead. The time difference is your problem.

Take some responsibility and stop trying to blame the club.

Sorry, I don't understand. Are the club assuming that everyone who bought tickets in the central block lower tier, are going to relocate to the upper tier? Was there some kind of reservation process when they bought their season tickets? I don't understand why it's not possible for the OP to buy tickets in the central block of the upper tier…(unless they aren't for sale at all). 

yes that's fine if you do not have disabled but two of our party are disabled and the only way to renew season tickets is by contacting the office we cannot renew by Internet which is why it has been so difficult it's great if your able bodied I have been having this arguement5 with the club for several years we cannot book on line we have to ring them which like today took nearly6 1 and a half hours to get through

2 hours ago, collier said:

Why would you need 10 peoples details to buy 6 more tickets..? 

8 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Woah there fella, the best seats your referring to cost me an absolute fortune and before you comment on having the money it's all relative to what you can afford. Might I add to say because I'm sat in them I'm not 'Loyal' is very disrespectful to a significant number of people who have put a hell of a lot into the club financially over the years.

So 'Superfan' I've only missed 2 home games and 4 away games in the last 5 years and that's with a schedule that takes me over the world for work...shall we begin to have a dick waving contest?

Get over yourself.

Spot on @Spoons revenue from this tiny % will be more than the entire season ticket revenue combined. 

Agree, it's all crayfish and avocado these days....

Well superfan Bootboy (are you old enough to remember them,us)

Iv not missed a game on player in the last 10 YEARS. Plus I have managed to get to the odd live game.

So wave your d**k at that. Have I won?

5 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well superfan Bootboy (are you old enough to remember them,us)

Iv not missed a game on player in the last 10 YEARS. Plus I have managed to get to the odd live game.

So wave your d**k at that. Have I won?

Feeling better now that's off your chest?

15 hours ago, collier said:

That's fine, typical British mentality. No matter what, everything is fine. If you can't put up a reasonable hypothesis as to why moving up in a straight line is ok but moving up and to the left a little isn't? your right I am moaning about nothing.

How about because by moving straight up you're getting the quality in terms of a wings seat still being a wings seat, not a wings seat being moved to a central seat. 

Pretty simple really

• Admin
13 hours ago, johnshez said:

yes that's fine if you do not have disabled but two of our party are disabled and the only way to renew season tickets is by contacting the office we cannot renew by Internet which is why it has been so difficult it's great if your able bodied I have been having this arguement5 with the club for several years we cannot book on line we have to ring them which like today took nearly6 1 and a half hours to get through

But don't you have a specific area anyway?

I bought 9 tickets for Somerset's cup quarter final tomorrow via phone, on hold for 70 minutes - these things happen when there is high demand

We all experience it !

Archived