IGNORED

Matthews

Rob k

20 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Out for 8-10 weeks apparently...

Good grief, is he going to be a bit of a sick note, hope not.

Going to have to get behind Little rather than give him grief I suspect. Out of interest, in what way was LJ angry at Matthews rather than the situation? 

11 minutes ago, bcfc@downend said:

seems to have brought his sick note with him from sunderland.....

Only on loan. Doesn't look good for him earning a perm here mind. 

Johnson said he wasn't very "chipper" about it but wouldn't go into detail. Maybe issues with Mathews hamstring that hadn't been disclosed ? I'm just guessing mind. He also said there were a "couple" of possibilities he'd know more about in the next few days....

2 minutes ago, KevP said:

Johnson said he wasn't very "chipper" about it but wouldn't go into detail. Maybe issues with Mathews hamstring that hadn't been disclosed ? I'm just guessing mind. He also said there were a "couple" of possibilities he'd know more about in the next few days....

I got the impression that LJ wasn't happy with Matthews, my mate reckons that will be down to Matthews coming back woefully unfit 

2 minutes ago, KevP said:

Yes, it seemed to be something like that. Definitely not a happy bunny and looks likely that we'll be in the market for a loan right back in the next few days.

12 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

How can he expect a player who had no preseason to be fit, he looked a mile off the pace of the game right from the outset,

Maybe he is more mad at him self for rushing him back,

A professional footballer has to keep semi fit during the summer, if hes come back really out of shape then it's unprofessional - I might be reading to much in to it, as said its just the impression I got from the interview 

Reckon we've bought a dud.

Been saying for weeks that he's not looked interested.

There is fit and making an effort...then there is not fit and not putting any effort in at all.

More to it than we think imo.

Never like to slag a player off....but I've been suspicious of Matthews ever since he signed.

Something not right...and LJ's words today only confirm what I've thought.

We desperately need a RB...Little for all his commitment, isn't good enough at this level.

It only need a moment of brilliance like we saw today, to make the difference.

Another one like Hodur please LJ...your best signing by far imo.

3 minutes ago, !james said:

If Lee's anything like his Dad in the forgiveness stakes then Adam may well end up on the bench when fit and looking for a new club in 9 months. 

I guess he must be on £10-£20k per week so should be professional enough to have stayed fit. Was Adam suddenly surprised that he was actually going to play football after the summer break? The fact that for the last four games we've been hearing he's he not yet match fit does beg a few questions generally.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

There is fit and making an effort...then there is not fit and not putting any effort in at all.

Never like to slag a player off....but I've been suspicious of Matthews ever since he signed.

We desperately need a RB...Little for all his commitment, isn't good enough at this level.

LJs words make me think perhaps he was concerned with how he warmed up for the game. Sounded like this was a player who should've been ready and if he wasn't it was of his own doing. 

Not sure about his attitude being questionable. This is a player LJ knows and was coveting all summer and ready to wait for - like Abraham. Not sure he's a bad egg, or unprofessional, but I think he may have made a mistake and is going to get both barrels for it. 

Not bought him though... 

Can we terminate the loan deal at any point?!

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

LJs words make me think perhaps he was concerned with how he warmed up for the game. Sounded like this was a player who should've been ready and if he wasn't it was of his own doing. 

He's been awful since being here mate.

I've watched him closely...body language and interaction very negative.

When playing...half hearted.

Something not right...Hopefully not another Dinning.

I'd agree with that, has seemed flat and a bit disinterested/distracted from what I've seen. Shame as can be a very solid champ player. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

He's been awful since being here mate.

I've watched him closely...body language and interaction very negative.

When playing...half hearted.

Something not right...Hopefully not another Dinning.

Could be setting up for a whoosh here... But all 18 minutes of it ? If last season, well LJ and MA should've sniffed that out. As for Dinning, he's still only on loan - phew. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Could be setting up for a whoosh here... But all 18 minutes of it ? If last season, well LJ and MA should've sniffed that out. As for Dinning, he's still only on loan - phew. 

He's come on in games...just general demeanor...even during warm up. Totally disinterested.

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think he means his general body language including interviews, warm ups etc. 

I thought he looked off from the first signing video in the summer. 

Just now, RedSA said:

I think he means his general body language including interviews etc. 

I thoughf he looked off from the first signing video in the summer. 

Can't say I watch those so hands up to that and can't comment. Could well be correct. Might just need a word in his ear and reminder that his career could be at a cross roads having not kept fitness at Celtic and not trusted at Sunderland. 

Archived