IGNORED

Matthews

Rob k

17 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Surely he wasn't fully fit given the lack of pre season at Sunderland and therefore as Johnson knew this why the hell did he let Ayling leave?!

And as he is still Sunderland'so player that was their responsibility and I think that's where LJ is looking in his comments.

Can anyone confirm if he did the injury before the goal or did it go as part of the buld up and was in part responsible.  Inbetween all the fracas in the south sand I missed him going off 

8 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I though it was Little that was leaving not Ayling. Though it was said Ayling was looking to play more so asked to move on. Crazy that we now have to go to transfer market for a replacement.  But what can you do. Mathews out now until , well December then he has to get fit, Little struggling (not been same since that injury) and Vyner out for 6 weeks too (personally I do not think he is ready). We loaned Mathews and must have known he had not looked after himself. The big shame in all this, is that Ayling , without injury would now have been playing for the next 3 months , exactly what he wanted. 

But LJ not happy is he 

Johnson said: "I'm disappointed really and I think he will be disappointed as well. He had a hamstring last season and now he's done a different hamstring. I have my own thoughts on that and I'm not too chipper about it.

"I'm a bit frustrated about it. I think players have to be ultra-professional in the modern game and not be old school. But old school, I mean having eight to ten weeks enjoying yourself and not coming back in peak condition for pre-season. He's now going to miss at least eight to ten weeks.

The craziness of the situation is that we might end up with a loan RB who's bang average, possibly not up to match fitness and no chance of any change in four months.

This is where MA and his team are going to have to pull the rabbit out of the hat and quickly. My guess is that they will and it could even be serendipity in that we end up with someone even better. 

It was unfortunate timing/decision  with Ayling's departure but signing Matthews on loan as opposed to perm could be very astute in hindsight.

So far at least, we look like we can compete and score but until we have a settled solid defence we don't stand a chance of making any real progression towards the top six.

On 21/08/2016 at 12:36, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Professional footballers my arse, far too many party goers and money grabbers, 4 league games in and he still isn't fully FFS, send him back.

Can we send him back? I assume we are picking up the vast majority of his prem wages, out to xmas now and as already said returning to us in no fit state to play is poor. very poor..

On 8/21/2016 at 11:32, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes I thought that even in his welcome video. I didn't get the feeling that he wanted to be here.

I guess there might be some natural disappointment from his point of view, he is signed to premier league club, lost his place through injury put in some good performances here on loan, and could have at least expected the new manager to have a look at him before shipping him out again. He must feel that he hasn't even been given a chance to show what he can do there.

55 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

He is not definitely out till Christmas, and from what Lee has just said it could be a matter of only days.  

Think Lee overreacted because he was cross with him for being unprofessional ( as Lee said post match)

Actually the main site says he is hoping and the post says that he is praying for the outcome that you say.

it was not an over reaction if over indulged children have been naughty then they need to be told that they are naughty, especially now you cannot physically chastise the little *******.

First little black mark against LJ and MA for me this. If we are supposedly doing our 'due diligence' and only signing players with the right 'DNA' then it sounds like Matthews slipped through the net if he's got an 'old school' attitude to being a professional footballer.

The reason the move took so long was because of his silly Prem wages and if there's one saving grace it's that we're not lumbered with him on a fat 3/4 year contract.

If it's as bad as LJ says then he gets one more chance for me to prove himself, if not send him back. He's a good right back at this level, but there are others out there who are just as good who we can bring in. Darikwa being a decent example.

Archived