IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

Very interesting to hear MA say that they're working hard to get more in. Striker I would hope. 

Wonder what influence if any Tammy had on this one? It's quite late in the window and I'd assume Moore was already known to us, but with some persuasion from Tammy it may have helped get him over the line?

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Uh huh, or he's ready already and signing someone of his obvious calibre could be the first sign in getting ready for a post-Flint world. I don't know, but it is possible, like I said.

Not saying we'd even be contemplating it given we've just got up to having 4 CB's, but if we decided to sell Flint at this stage we'd be able to rinse which ever club wanted to buy him due to how late it is in the window, £1.5m paid for Moore (supposedly) and I expect we'd get at least £6m for Flint if we ever decided to sell. So we'd be talking about making another £4.5m (minus whatever Swindon would get, probably £560,000-£750,000) taking total received to around £11m this summer. 

Again don't think we're considering letting Flint go, just saying we've put ourselves in a potentially good position should it ever come up. Also Ekstrand was training with us, that the end of his chances or would we consider bringing him in too and Williams may be off or having 5 CB's...

Some billing given to Moore from LJ:

"Taylor has captained England Under-19s, which is one of the golden age groups for the current England crop.

"He's very intelligent, has excellent potential. There aren't many young, English centre-halves around as good as he is, so we're delighted to have secured his services."

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not saying we'd even be contemplating it given we've just got up to having 4 CB's, but if we decided to sell Flint at this stage we'd be able to rinse which ever club wanted to buy him due to how late it is in the window, £1.5m paid for Moore (supposedly) and I expect we'd get at least £6m for Flint if we ever decided to sell. So we'd be talking about making another £4.5m (minus whatever Swindon would get, probably £560,000-£750,000) taking total received to around £11m this summer. 

Again don't think we're considering letting Flint go, just saying we've put ourselves in a potentially good position should it ever come up. Also Ekstrand was training with us, that the end of his chances or would we consider bringing him in too and Williams may be off or having 5 CB's...

This sounds right on the money. I don't think we'll see the end of Flint this transfer window either but as you say, it puts us in credit.

7 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Very interesting to hear MA say that they're working hard to get more in. Striker I would hope. 

Wonder what influence if any Tammy had on this one? It's quite late in the window and I'd assume Moore was already known to us, but with some persuasion from Tammy it may have helped get him over the line?

Moore may have asked Tammy his opinion but there is no way the club would ask a 19yr old loanee to get involved in transfer dealings.  If MA and LJ can't sell the club without a 19yr old's help we'd be in trouble!

28 minutes ago, zombie said:

Great name for a centre half. He shares half of it with my all time favourite City centre half, the other half with England's greatest ever centre half, if not greatest player. With a name like that he already has my hopes up that he could be something very special!

Tommy Taylor and Liam Moore?!

Excellent background in the player interview about how important Tammy Abraham was to this signing. The two exchanged lots of texts and Tammy told him he had to come and what a great place it was. Nice to hear that someone like Abraham who is only on loan, is prepared to sell our club. 

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Moore may have asked Tammy his opinion but there is no way the club would ask a 19yr old loanee to get involved in transfer dealings.  If MA and LJ can't sell the club without a 19yr old's help we'd be in trouble!

Agreed. I'm not suggesting we asked Tammy to get his suit on. But they will know each other from  the England setup so his opinion which was most likely positive given his reception and how well he's started will no doubt have helped. 

28 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

But I still see that tackle by Moore,
And when Abraham scored,
Tomlin belting the ball,
And Kodjia Dancing...
Hashtags on our shirt…

Brilliant.

21 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Landsdown Stand still gleaming

Yep. Perfect.

17 minutes ago, Super said:

How many years of hurt?!

That's a tricky one. 117 years does not scan so well. How about eight? Hmm . . .  36 years since relegation from top flight? 

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Interesting to hear he knows Bristol as he attended Uni here!

Doesn't mention this in the interview? He's only 19 too.

Edit: Ah, the EP video. His cousin came here and he visited..

His player interview is worth a watch. Very articulate and clearly very intelligent. I've noticed this in particularly the young first team players LJ has bought in this summer, they all seem intelligent; particularly Magnusson, O'Dowda and now Moore. Add Bryan to that list and we've got a very intelligent core of players.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

His player interview is worth a watch. Very articulate and clearly very intelligent. I've noticed this in particularly the young first team players LJ has bought in this summer, they all seem intelligent; particularly Magnusson, O'Dowda and now Moore. Add Bryan to that list and we've got a very intelligent core of players.

Agreed, although with his English in a French accent, I did get flashbacks to Joey Barton and Steve McLaren.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Agreed, although with his English in a French accent, I did get flashbacks to Joey Barton and Steve McLaren.

He had the hallmarks of someone who's privately educated I thought, which is quite rare for a footballer - wonder if he was.

An exciting signing, another ball playing defensive player. Maybe he's the player LJ was hoping Ayling would be - comfortable on the ball, versatile, can play right back/centre back..

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes, seems that Tammy has put in a good word for us too…

Perfect on field translator for Kodjia, having someone available at nearly all times who is fluent in both languages will definitely help.

Added Bonus

Also...is it just me or does he sound and come across....a bit posh (nothing wrong with that)

At the start of the season, I was pessimistic about this coming season. This was where Mark Ashton had to prove that he had the contacts to be considered a good appointment for CEO at Bristol City, and based on recent history I had already built myself up for disappointment.

However, the signings we've made this season have blown me away. We've not only signed experienced players in Tomlin and O'Neil, but we've also signed promising youngsters with the right calibre to succeed at this level. Taylor Moore sounds like a fantastic prospect that can jump into first-team football right away, considering he's young AND has been playing first-team football, in a different country no less!

The last time I was this happy with the club, we were signing David James, and with Coppell people considered us to be a favourite for promotion. Obviously, that went tits up, so I'm going to keep my feet firmly on the ground, but if we end up achieving a mid-table finish then I hope LJ and Ashton get a much-deserved raise for the work they've put in.

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

LJ and MA certainly have their contacts within the game. Another top signing!

Think large part of it is the new scout from Bournemouth, Des Taylor.....He's been picking out players all over the place.

Signing of the Year without a doubt I'd say

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

His French accent is only very slight, which surprised me. Obviously bilingual, but I thought it'd be a lot thicker. Intonation goes up at the end of his sentences which is revealing. To be honest, if we didn't know he'd been living there since he was 7, think most would struggle to detect anything other than an English accent. 

Archived