IGNORED

3rd Round Cup Draw (Merged)

Malago

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And I would fancy our chances more if we didn't play them again 3 days later. No chance either team go full strength in my opinion and it'll be a toss up as to who wins. 

I've always thoght in these situations you should play the one game.  Winners gets three points and progresses to the next round of the cup.  If it's a draw then a point a piece and ET to see who goes through in the cup.  Certainly more exciting than playing two games in three days.

Get to 3rd round expect 1 of those draws to be favourable. And the club to make a bit of money. But there is literally nothing good about this draw . Miss out on Chelsea which was out of our hands. End up at Scunthorpe . And now fuhlam away . Shocking luck . I feel sorry for the players and coaching staff THEY deserve a good draw . Oh well bring on the villa . Oh and the 100 odd who went last night 

We always get crap draws, we always get crap draws, crap draws, we always get crap draws!':grr:

What a boring draw. Don't you hate it when they say Leicester v Chelsea is a cracking draw?! No it isn't at this stage- we see these teams on MOTD every week. Much prefer lower league teams taking on Premiership teams. Is it me or do Derby always get cracking draws too. Would love to see data showing every teams opponents in the last 10 years in cup matches.

We won't be on Sky then! 

• The title was changed to 3rd+Round+Cup+Draw+(Merged)
15 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Northampton have man utd and had liverpool few years back as well. The closest we get is WBA and West ham. Well lets face it we played them in league as well in our last championship stint. 

Haven't Exeter and Yeovil both had Liverpool and/or Man Utd in recent years. Sven-era Man City and Amokachi-era Everton is good but for my money not on a par with drawing Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea, so on that basis it's 22 years since we drew a truly big club.

Oh well, we'll just play them in the Premiership instead.

58 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Just watching the Accrington Stanley v Burnley game for no other reason than wanted to watch the cup draw, but can't help to be impressed by AS's right back Janoi Donacien. Seems pretty cool under pressure, fast,  overlaps nicely and can cross the ball and early 20's. Might be worth a look  

Just watched the highlights. Looking at Accrington's goal, anyone else thinking Donnie Gillies?

Would rather a good cup run to be honest the good draws will then come naturally.

Bit tin pot of you ask me praying for manchester united away in round three, i suspect thats down to the closet plastics we have in our numbers hoping to see their heroes at old trafford.

Probably why this club has never won a major honor. No ambition, would rather get pumped in rd3 instead.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Would rather a good cup run to be honest the good draws will then come naturally.

Bit tin pot of you ask me praying for manchester united away in round three, i suspect thats down to the closet plastics we have in our numbers hoping to see their heroes at old trafford.

Probably why this club has never won a major honor. No ambition, would rather get pumped in rd3 instead.

I'd love a good cup run, but saying wanting us to pit ourselves against one of the best clubs in the country is unambitious is absolute claptrap.

The entire point of wanting to test yourself against the better side is ambition. I'd love it if we face a big club in the cup every season because then we would be able to see improvement on our part.

6 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I like your theory but I reckon if we got to the semi-finals we would still draw Gillingham.

4 hours ago, City169 said:

I'd love a good cup run, but saying wanting us to pit ourselves against one of the best clubs in the country is unambitious is absolute claptrap.

The entire point of wanting to test yourself against the better side is ambition. I'd love it if we face a big club in the cup every season because then we would be able to see improvement on our part.

Considering our struggle in our first season back in the Championship I think we can judge our improvement in playing Newcastle United , Aston Villa and Norwich City just as easily as playing Man U etc.

A cup run is exciting, a chance to try different players/strategy , useful income for the club and an opportunity promote what's happening at BS3.

A one off " didn't they do well" at Chelsea is pretty meaningless unless you win.

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Considering our struggle in our first season back in the Championship I think we can judge our improvement in playing Newcastle United , Aston Villa and Norwich City just as easily as playing Man U etc.

A cup run is exciting, a chance to try different players/strategy , useful income for the club and an opportunity promote what's happening at BS3.

A one off " didn't they do well" at Chelsea is pretty meaningless unless you win.

That's why I say I'd love to see us play them regularly. That way it isn't a one off.

Of course, I'd rather we were promoted, then every league game would be against those sides.

9 hours ago, Olé said:

Haven't Exeter and Yeovil both had Liverpool and/or Man Utd in recent years. Sven-era Man City and Amokachi-era Everton is good but for my money not on a par with drawing Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea, so on that basis it's 22 years since we drew a truly big club.

Oh well, we'll just play them in the Premiership instead.

Yeovil have had Man U and Everton in the last 3 years in different draws off the top of my head. Two teams that I would've been happy drawing. I don't really care about the cup games but Wycombe and Scunny were good games to get some players some time. This one just seems like a hassle. Would've preferred a bigger team where it was more of an occasion and not such a burden on the boys. They can't be too excited either and I don't blame them. It's now 3 extra away fixtures for the season. Seems a little unfair

Archived