IGNORED

3rd Round Cup Draw (Merged)

Malago

18 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

It will hit both away attendances - how many will go to both?

Is there any precedent in professional football for both teams agreeing to play one game that addresses both outcomes? Winner takes all, big crowd, with one less fixture. It rings a bell it did come up once with two teams who had a fixture pile up... maybe it never happened and was just proposed.

I'll go to both, but I suspect it's going to be very hard to win both of the games. Decently matched teams normally split pairs of games and Fulham are playing well enough at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

Is there any precedent in professional football for both teams agreeing to play one game that addresses both outcomes? Winner takes all, big crowd, with one less fixture. It rings a bell it did come up once with two teams who had a fixture pile up... maybe it never happened and was just proposed.

I'll go to both, but I suspect it's going to be very hard to win both of the games. Decently matched teams normally split pairs of games and Fulham are playing well enough at the moment.

We went to Gillingham twice in quick succession last year and won both so it is doable!

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Considering our struggle in our first season back in the Championship I think we can judge our improvement in playing Newcastle United , Aston Villa and Norwich City just as easily as playing Man U etc.

A cup run is exciting, a chance to try different players/strategy , useful income and an opportunity promote what's happening at BS3.

A one off " didn't they do well" at Chelsea is pretty meaningless unless you win.

Will we make anything from this cup run? I'd be surprised, if it ends at Fulham. 

11 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

I'm only 23 and never seen us play in a big tie :sad26:

All of us missed our greatest ever cup run, but this is a good time to be a City fan. We are in good shape right now, it hasn't always been so. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Will we make anything from this cup run? I'd be surprised, if it ends at Fulham. 

Possibly not if it does although three matches is not what I had in mind as a Cup run! However, the prospect of trying other players and gaining match fitness in a competitive game is worth it even if the income is minimal.

Would be nice if Fulham could do a deal where there`s a bit of a discount if you buy tickets for both games although I suspect the cup game will only be about a tenner anyway just to try and get a few in.

We`re going to have to win this cup the hard way with away matches all the way to the final where we will play Gillingham.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would be nice if Fulham could do a deal where there`s a bit of a discount if you buy tickets for both games although I suspect the cup game will only be about a tenner anyway just to try and get a few in.

We`re going to have to win this cup the hard way with away matches all the way to the final where we will play Gillingham.

Or is Fulham this year's Gillingham?

Archived