IGNORED

Pitch's, Quality's

Jack Dawe

I love the new BS website vacancy announcement, for a new groundsman, or woman:

"We take huge pride in all our pitch's and ..."

"If you think you have the right skills and quality's......" 

Maybe they could Hughes someone who are you that takes pried in there punctuation and has the right skills and quality's to right proper, look. If your that person, aply now to Bristol Sport #makingbasicerrolswivthespellingandgrammerwhogivesaf***upthecitytilidie

How can you get "pitches" right, then wrong a few lines later?! And this on the day the GCSE results comes out!

It's the small things that c*unt - attenshun to detale. Marjory Gaynes.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Really...or just an after thought ;-)

Trust me, I'm the worst person to comment mate....always getting my 'there's' mixed up :-)

Doesn't matter on here, but on a job vacancy ad??!! 

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Doesn't matter on here, but on a job vacancy ad??!! 

I've noticed standards of grammar, have significantly lowered in recent years, not just in 'Adverts' but in press and media as well.

Mine is not the best either...When speaking it's fine, but not when writing I'm afraid.

Having an English teacher I didn't get on with, then a Secretary for many years, that did my emails and letters hasn't helped.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've noticed standards of grammar, have significantly lowered in recent years, not just in 'Adverts' but in press and media as well.

Mine is not the best either...When speaking it's fine, but not when writing I'm afraid.

Having an English teacher I didn't get on with, then a Secretary for many years, that did my emails and letters hasn't helped.

As long as your customers get to the bottom of the piste/end of their week's skiing in one piece, that's all that matters spud.

Some jobs need a better grasp of spelling and grammar than others though.....

Get Taylor Moore to do the recruitment ads in future, sounds bright. You never know we may get a French groundsman or woman.

That'd be handy if they discovered an untapped plethora of truffles just in front of the Dolman. Would fund a few players and explain the odd odour all at once.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

As long as your customers get to the bottom of the piste/end of their week's skiing in one piece, that's all that matters spud.

Some jobs need a better grasp of spelling and grammar than others though.....

Indeed fella... although it's not as simple as that. Dealing with discerning clients who are educated...they expect the same in return.

I was however referring to when I worked as a QS.

But agree totally with your sentiments JD.

5 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Maybe they could Hughes someone who are you that takes pried in there punctuation and has the right skills and quality's to right proper, look. If your that person, aply now to Bristol Sport #makingbasicerrolswivthespellingandgrammerwhogivesaf***upthecitytilidie

How can you get "pitches" right, then wrong a few lines later?! And this on the day the GCSE results comes out!

It goes back to the fact that City have invested in getting the footballing side right and, I am sure, are paying appropriate salaries for the skill levels involved.

Unfortunately for the off field activities thay do not pay well, have not invested in getting it right with the result that they embarrass the club with rubbish like this and the continual ticket infrastructure fiasco.

If they want to build a well run, professional, state of the art club then they need to wave around some P45s and recruit the appropriate back office staff, who will not be paid peanuts.

50 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Jesus Christ........it comes to something when the only thing you can complain about is the educational standard of the club's media department.

I've missed something.

When did Jesus Christ complain about the educational standard of the club's media department?

I didn't realise that JC even posted on here, and if so,  what's his user name?

(There's a few that think they are God but didn't know any thought that they were the Son of God)

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Jesus Christ........it comes to something when the only thing you can complain about is the educational standard of the club's media department.

I'm not happy about Mark Little's decision making, pal. And one or two other things besides, if you just give me a moment

I believe that we need to start investigating the "DNA" of the office staff down AG, and maybe copy the First Team and Des and MA and recruit "intelligent" pen pushers (or mouse pushers, I suppose). And the same for the kiddies serving up the grub for our loyal fans paying £120 a head (daft sods).

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

They can't be that bright in the media department, there are a fair few errors across City's website:whistle:

The 'Featured Players' aren't 'featured' at all, they're the first 5 (FF, ML, JB, AF and DW)

Searching the site shows the top stories no matter what you search

Text overlaps everywhere

Sponsor logos don't show up (60% of the time)

Many pages and images haven't been updated since Steven Pearson

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

A business with a 40 million plus property, who pay recruitment fees into the millions and some of the staff being paid over 10k a week? 

I think you'd expect some level of ability, if this was RBS people would be going off their rocker.

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A business with a 40 million plus property, who pay recruitment fees into the millions and some of the staff being paid over 10k a week? 

I think you'd expect some level of ability, if this was RBS people would be going off their rocker.

Not sure what the wages of a footballer or the cost of the stadium has to do with the grammatical ability of the media team?

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Not sure what the wages of a footballer or the cost of the stadium has to do with the grammatical ability of the media team?

I think that any other business of that size would employ people capable of the roles they're being asked to fulfill.

I'm not in the position to invest a large amount of money but if Hargreaves Lansdown sent me anything like that I'd be wary of giving them my cash.  

Small local business, don't care, but an organisation as large as Bristol Sport really should be able to do better.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I'm not in the position to invest a large amount of money but if Hargreaves Lansdown sent me anything like that I'd be wary of giving them my cash.  

To be honest, you wouldn't go to HL because of their grammar and spelling  skills, you go there because they are pretty good at investments.....if they made you a wedge, would you really care if they spelt your name wrong?

7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

To be honest, you wouldn't go to HL because of their grammar and spelling  skills, you go there because they are pretty good at investments.....if they made you a wedge, would you really care if they spelt your name wrong?

It's just that if they get the little things wrong which can easily be caught by proof reading then you worry where else corners may have been cut that's all.

I'm not really bothered it just surprises me.  This is a job advert, I for one wouldn't want errors like that on my cv if I applied for a job.

13 hours ago, RedRaw said:

I probably would if it was on a cheque they were sending me and I couldn't cash it ;)

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

It's just that if they get the little things wrong which can easily be caught by proof reading then you worry where else corners may have been cut that's all.

I'm not really bothered it just surprises me.  This is a job advert, I for one wouldn't want errors like that on my cv if I applied for a job.

Proof reading doesn`t happen any more, it all done with a spell checker. You just have to read any book or magazine to know that. I reckon the only one that still does it are Private Eye as they get a lot of their material from other publications` misprints.

On 25/08/2016 at 11:28, Jack Dawe said:

As a eNGLIGH degrey persona i am sickend by va poor uze of englishh

Archived