IGNORED

Gary o Neil

Red Army 75

Quite simply our best player at present and looks completely at home at this level. Despite the love in with this transfer window his is the only arrival that has genuinely helped us on our start.

Tammy's goals have been brilliant but without O'Neil in the middle I don't think he gets to score many.

To date, a brilliant addition. 

GON was great yesterday. I thought Reid had a good second half, winning that 50/50 and leaving a Villa player (can't remember who) pretending to be hurt and praying for the ball to be kicked out was a particular highlight. Was a very positive performance from Pack when he was introduced as well. I'd be minded to start him in the next game. 

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There was one bit in the second half when I think Golbourne played a quick ball into him.  He looked like he had nowhere to go.  A heavy touch would mean he lost the ball.  A close touch would mean his marker would be all over him and he'd give us posession.  He somehow took the ball at pace, and stunned the ball into space, meaning his marker had committed to closing him down and O'Neil just eased into the space.  Absolute class.

I think I remember that. It was very impressive (if we're referring to the same moment). Very "intelligent" too. Good spot, mate

GON absolute machine as others have said, also agree with comments about Pack, did a great job when he came on and am presuming/ hoping that the only reason he didn't start was because he played 120 mins on Tuesday. Has to start the next game.

With GON at the heart of it, this team is on the verge of being able to go and really achieve something this season, but will not do so with Bobby Reid playing holding mid - had an absolute nightmare first half, even more so than the rest of our team (!) I don't think that this was missed by LJ either, who appeared to move Bryan to holding mid at the start of the 2nd half. Bob is a good player but his decision making is not quite there yet to play DM against the top sides, and he regularly loses the ball in very dangerous positions. Definitely a good option as one of the front 3 behind Abraham though

55 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I loved the blatant bodycheck near the halfway line towards the end of the game as well. Cynical but something we've been missing for a good while. Bizarrely not booked for it either, happy days.

Agree. Stonewall yellow in a game where the card had been brandished pretty frequently. 

GON is simply a class act. Him and Korey in the engine room together is something I'm looking forward to seeing. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Agree. Stonewall yellow in a game where the card had been brandished pretty frequently. 

GON is simply a class act. Him and Korey in the engine room together is something I'm looking forward to seeing. 

I thought I saw a post on here yesterday lunch time saying that Korey was in the squad? He was up in the Dolman and when he passed the Atyeo I thought I could still detect a limp in his walk, maybe the two week break will help him complete his recovery..

17 hours ago, robinreliant said:

Did anybody see Marlon get a wack from I think it was Bobby Reid's elbow or hand during the celebration of Tomlin's goal. Right in the mouth.

Yep and he immediately checked to see if it was bleeding, if it was I reckon he'd have rolled around looking for a free kick, bloody pansies. Big Joe would have welcomed that elbow............when I were a lad......

37 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You and me both.  O'Neil & Smith ratting out the ball in centre midfield will be too much for most opposition to get any time or composure on the ball.   This is the balance we are missing and i think if anything LJ is almost too offensively minded sometimes (can't believe i'm saying that).  I would play Pack & O'Neil until Smith is ready.  

18 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Nearly crashed the car coming back when some bloke on radio Bristol said that G'ON is not a patch on Marlon Pack.

I bit my lip as i tucked into a sarni.. uncanny.

14 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Can someone just start the 'Gary O'Neil is great' thread at the same time as the matchday thread?  The guy is a machine.  Outstanding once again.

We no longer have the sub header... wish we did.. then MOTM would be in their every match day that follows.

Archived