IGNORED

DERBY COUNTY WEST STAND UPPER

DavidNoble

19 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

No doubt there will still be blocks of empty seats in the middle of the lower Landsdown stand. Doesn't look that good from the Dolman!

That looks really bad from the Dolman, I agree. What are those seats, corporates or club Lansdown or something? They're certainly available for the rugby as my next door neighbour sits there and pays less than I do for football in the Dolman.

18 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

That looks really bad from the Dolman, I agree. What are those seats, corporates or club Lansdown or something? They're certainly available for the rugby as my next door neighbour sits there and pays less than I do for football in the Dolman.

I though they were exactly those you state, but aren't going to be fully occupied until the facilities to support them are available ... could be wrong though.

COYR

42 minutes ago, Palmers Green Red said:

I though they were exactly those you state, but aren't going to be fully occupied until the facilities to support them are available ... could be wrong though.

COYR

That makes sense Palmers and explains why my neighbour is paying a lower price as, I assume, they're normal seats (i.e not corporate) for the rugby.

47 minutes ago, Palmers Green Red said:

COYR

That's right. They are for corporate & hospitality packages in the Lansdown restaurants. 

These are only currently running st about 50% capacity, hence the empty seats. 

On 9/12/2016 at 07:54, ChippenhamRed said:

I asked what the criteria was for opening the top tier in the Q&A, but the question was ignored.

I do think it would be helpful to know, so people know exactly where they stand in cases like the original poster has described.

It would be nice if the new SLO would come on here and explain the situation. It's a part of her job description to communicate with fans on social media and have discussions and dialog with us unless the club have told her not to which is against the rules. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't believe that people would wait for the top tier to open or not buy tickets..! 

We've never had that tier there before, pretty much any seat in the stadium has a good view now and the club have made it very clear that the top tier won't be opened until it's required. If there are seats left elsewhere, then it's not required..!

So you'd be happy to sit in the front row behind the net, split up from your friends, while all those seats remain unoccupied in the top tier?

It's not as simple as you like to make out.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you'd be happy to sit in the front row behind the net, split up from your friends, while all those seats remain unoccupied in the top tier?

It's not as simple as you like to make out.

Are those the only seats left..? No. 

To get a group of 10 people sat together at any event, you book early or you cope with splitting up. 

The top tier isn't open because it's not financially viable when there are 1/2/3,000 seats still empty in the rest of the ground. 

It seems fairly simple, really..!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are those the only seats left..? No. 

To get a group of 10 people sat together at any event, you book early or you cope with splitting up. 

The top tier isn't open because it's not financially viable when there are 1/2/3,000 seats still empty in the rest of the ground. 

It seems fairly simple, really..!

It is my view that if a group of people want to book together and the stadium is capable of housing them, they should be able to do so. Any other approach risks losing the club both ticket sales and potential new supporters.

Once availability in the lower bowl reaches a point where it is limited to 1s and 2s, it seems obvious to me that that is the point at which you open the top tier - block by block if necessary to limit running costs. It would be madness to risk turning people away, especially during a period when we are looking to grow the fanbase.

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It is my view that if a group of people want to book together and the stadium is capable of housing them, they should be able to do so. Any other approach risks losing the club both ticket sales and potential new supporters.

Once availability in the lower bowl reaches a point where it is limited to 1s and 2s, it seems obvious to me that that is the point at which you open the top tier - block by block if necessary to limit running costs. It would be madness to risk turning people away, especially during a period when we are looking to grow the fanbase.

The club have done just that previously, selling the top tier almost row by row.

I actually think it may be more to do with lack of staff than anything else, they have advertised only today for stewards.

The SAG would of course require an undertaking that sufficient stewards will be on duty to assist in the event of an emergency, if we haven't got the staff we can't open.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ignore him Chippenham, he is absolutely blinkered on this one and he thinks it's absolutely fine that the ten of you can sit in isolated seats dotted all over the ground, of course it makes sense to open the upper tier.

13 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I stand to be corrected because I haven't read anything on it, but it did seem like Liverpool's new stand went from being not ready to fully open in first home match.

Our stands seem to take ages to be granted certificates. Don't they have H&S in Liverpool?  

This was discussed previously and Liverpool used a number of open training sessions as ramp-up events for the new stand.

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Ignore him Chippenham, he is absolutely blinkered on this one and he thinks it's absolutely fine that the ten of you can sit in isolated seats dotted all over the ground, of course it makes sense to open the upper tier.

If we are as close to selling out the lower bowl as stated earlier. does anyone have any idea as to why it's not being opened this time even at a restricted capacity? Seems odd TBH.

Hi all, after some advice please, is there anywhere near your ground that I can park a motorbike safely and securely please ?

looking forward to coming to Bristol again booked in to grillstock that night.

i think it will be a good game on Saturday with you boys just taking the 3 Points I will be happy with a draw.

Good luck for the season.

36 minutes ago, Davec72 said:

Hi all, after some advice please, is there anywhere near your ground that I can park a motorbike safely and securely please ?

looking forward to coming to Bristol again booked in to grillstock that night.

i think it will be a good game on Saturday with you boys just taking the 3 Points I will be happy with a draw.

Good luck for the season.

St parking available in and around north st. 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes, fair comment. 

I guess it all comes down to whether it's allowed/cost effective to open only limited spaces in the top tier. 

If it's possible then agree with you. If opening up 100 seats on a Thursday incurs full capacity costs (when seats are left elsewhere) then I can see exactly why the club don't want to do that. 

OPEN IT AND THEY WILL COME.

Here we go again - debates about Upper West Stand opening or not  3 days before the match is not helping certain uncommitted supporters to make an informed decision on attending the match .More supporters and additional revenue ignored.

For the life of me I don't understand why the Club doesn't have the central block of the Upper Stand on sale at premium prices for every home game. First few rows are the best seat in the house and should be made available for those who want to pay the premium.Stewarding and catering need not be excessive or expensive and  could be extended Block by Block given the number of seats sold in the Upper Deck.

Will there be POTD on Saturday ?-another opportunity missed if we don't offer this facility for late decision makers.

The Club has still not communicated the position on the capacity issues imposed by the SAG. Clarity here would be very much in everybody's favour. I had a question a few weeks back on the Q&A but the official  reply gave no details whatsoever to any of my points. Will the Lower Tier be fully occupied  or are seats still being held back as at the Villa  and Newcastle games?

As mentioned you should be fine (and safe!) On a side street off North Street. It does get busy though and you may struggle even with a bike so get here early and grab a pre-match lunch somewhere. If you don't mind paying £4.50 and want absolute peace of mind (I'm guessing you might have quite a nice bike!) then park up at Wapping Wharf and it will take you around 25-30 minutes to walk to the ground. http://wappingwharf.co.uk/car-park!

I'll also be happy with a point  but hopefully we can get all three :farmer: 

Good luck to you too. I expect at least playoffs from Derby again this season!

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I stand to be corrected because I haven't read anything on it, but it did seem like Liverpool's new stand went from being not ready to fully open in first home match.

Our stands seem to take ages to be granted certificates. Don't they have H&S in Liverpool?  

They do. Just they're not a bunch of jobsworths..

4 hours ago, Countryfile said:

The club have done just that previously, selling the top tier almost row by row.

I actually think it may be more to do with lack of staff than anything else, they have advertised only today for stewards.

The SAG would of course require an undertaking that sufficient stewards will be on duty to assist in the event of an emergency, if we haven't got the staff we can't open.

I think this may be the case.. hasn't BS taken the Stewarding "in house" this season so maybe they haven't got enough Stewards / First Aiders etc to cover the upper capacity unless they bring in outsourced ones when needed.  

10 hours ago, PhilC said:

As mentioned you should be fine (and safe!) On a side street off North Street. It does get busy though and you may struggle even with a bike so get here early and grab a pre-match lunch somewhere. If you don't mind paying £4.50 and want absolute peace of mind (I'm guessing you might have quite a nice bike!) then park up at Wapping Wharf and it will take you around 25-30 minutes to walk to the ground. http://wappingwharf.co.uk/car-park!

I'll also be happy with a point  but hopefully we can get all three :farmer: 

Good luck to you too. I expect at least playoffs from Derby again this season!

Thanks for the info, I will use that car  park for £4.50.

yes I have a BMW R1200 GSA

Appears to me they've decided not to cater any more for the casual supporter. I just find it unbelievable, but not surprising, given the general level of incompetency in all things to do with attendance matters. 

Suspect that around 20% of football attendances are made up of casual support - those that decide in the morning or just spontaneously to attend. Do that myself with going to Plainmoor 2-3 times a season. 

Can City really afford to be missing out on around 4,000 supporters? 

If  I was running the off-the-field activities of the Club, there would be 3 current priorities 1) sort out pay on the day 2) sort out parking arrangements and 3) effectively and widely communicate access arrangements.

Surprise us City. You've now got the capacity, the parking in the locality exists, the Internet, media and poster sites are all  available - do something FFS. 

45 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Appears to me they've decided not to cater any more for the casual supporter. I just find it unbelievable, but not surprising, given the general level of incompetency in all things to do with attendance matters. 

Suspect that around 20% of football attendances are made up of casual support - those that decide in the morning or just spontaneously to attend. Do that myself with going to Plainmoor 2-3 times a season. 

Can City really afford to be missing out on around 4,000 supporters? 

If  I was running the off-the-field activities of the Club, there would be 3 current priorities 1) sort out pay on the day 2) sort out parking arrangements and 3) effectively and widely communicate access arrangements.

Surprise us City. You've now got the capacity, the parking in the locality exists, the Internet, media and poster sites are all  available - do something FFS. 

Should there be the option to pay on the day?

Yes, definitely. Even if they can't open the top tier logistically at the last second, at least sell remaining lower bowl seats on first come first served basis. 

Are they making a complete balls up with their current ticket sales rules..?

Highest crowds for over 35 years would suggest maybe not, it's just different to in the past. 

Archived