IGNORED

DERBY COUNTY WEST STAND UPPER

DavidNoble

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes, fair point. But the online availability issue is strange nonetheless.

I agree the website isn't that user friendly, but it's the way it is now, they want everyone's details so they can send you stuff, clickbait etc etc.  Re: the Top tier I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they just thought **** it and just open the whole ground up for ticket sales for every game, yeh there might be a few gaps lower down cause people go up there but I would be surprised if there was a mass migration of fans to sit right up there, just give people a choice, life will find a way!

23 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I agree the website isn't that user friendly, but it's the way it is now, they want everyone's details so they can send you stuff, clickbait etc etc.  Re: the Top tier I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they just thought **** it and just open the whole ground up for ticket sales for every game, yeh there might be a few gaps lower down cause people go up there but I would be surprised if there was a mass migration of fans to sit right up there, just give people a choice, life will find a way!

I think they should trial it. 

Say & publisise "whole ground available for sale in advance and POTD with £1 a kid offer available for next 3?? Home games"

See what the uptake is. See if there is a marked increase in attendance or if figures are similar but more spread out. If that's the case then nobody can complain if they revert back to the current arrangements - use it or lose it, if you like. 

IF there is a marked increase, with no significant problems or overall loss in revenue after costs, then keep it that way. 

Let people put their money where their mouth is and either put up or shut up, for now. 

It does annoy me that they seem to hold back tickets and then release them. I got our tickets earlier this week, thinking do I chance the top tier opening or not, and possibly miss getting tickets at all. Quick check online, and now there are 100+ seats with what will be a better view available in the block I'm in. Great.

I'm sure they are held for corporates / players family / away club 'promo' etc... and released once they have been turned down / not accepted / sent back...but still really annoying.

I totally agree the club should throw the top tier open for this season, and see how it goes. They aren't going to go bust by doing it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure that more fans like myself would go; membership this this year for us, not ST's, and travelling a round trip of 4 hours. If I knew I stood a chance of getting cracking seats most weeks I would 100% attend more games than I'm thinking of this year - being stuck front row doesn't really appeal, nor at the end of the west stand or dolman for c£34, when the middle sections are only £5 more! Perhaps reduce the price of those end blocks and those seats would sell as well.....

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I don't get what wanting everyone's details, sending you stuff, and clickbait has to do with the lack of availability online.

Out of interest. Genuine interest, with no agenda...

IF the club put Upper tier Lansdown season tickets only on sale at a cost of say £25 per game equivilant, no moves from already purchased season tickets (ie. Additional/new sales only) who would buy one? 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Out of interest. Genuine interest, with no agenda...

IF the club put Upper tier Lansdown season tickets only on sale at a cost of say £25 per game equivilant, no moves from already purchased season tickets (ie. Additional/new sales only) who would buy one? 

Having focused on season ticket sales and membership for the Summer months, now's the time to concentrate on the neglected (and likely disenfranchised) casual walk up market. If you employ a correct marketing/pricing/customer service strategy these will be next year's new season ticket/members. 

You have a magnificent half empty stand. Have an aggressive pricing strategy and reserve the Upper Lansdown for pay-on-the-day. Two wings have 3 pricing bands upper at £20, middle £25 and lower £30. Central blocks add £10 to those prices. Big advertising strategy and have a simple ticket purchase process. If you add say £5 per ticket for likely drink/food sales the income, taking account extra stewards and ticket sellers, would be likely to be well in excess of six figures per game. Jesz, that's nearly enough to pay for Tommo's wages. 

I get not wanting to employ extra staff to cover an area with possibly few people in, and to maximise profit, but .....

the current system , if not affected by SAG is causing people to have second thoughts about coming to the Gate. Whether this will change when the stand is fully finished will be interesting. I believe , because of the newness of the stand and the view people will use it , and as said before groups will turn their noses up at sitting apart or even too low down. Open the stand fully for a couple of games and see what happens, if it doesn't work it will shut us all up.

Hi all tried to purchase two tickets for the home game against Derby County, after seeing we could buy tickets for £10 each. I am a season ticket holder but as I am not a season ticket holder "PLUS". They will cost for two tickets £72 not £20.00 as advertised around the ground on other home matches.   So I have not purchased the tickets. 

I would have though the idea was to fill the stadium Grrrrr.

8 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Hi all tried to purchase two tickets for the home game against Derby County, after seeing we could buy tickets for £10 each. I am a season ticket holder but as I am not a season ticket holder "PLUS". They will cost for two tickets £72 not £20.00 as advertised around the ground on other home matches.   So I have not purchased the tickets. 

When selecting the tickets. Did you scroll down to the bottom of the options . Should say mates rates 

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When selecting the tickets. Did you scroll down to the bottom of the options . Should say mates rates 

Yes done that but you have to be a "season ticket plus member" not just a "season ticket" holder like me. Even rang them up and no I cant buy at mates rates.

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

I can get you 2x £10 tickets if you want..?

45 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

How would I get them and how would I pay you and meet up (Where in the stand would they sit  I am in the Lansdown stand W13) cheers mate.

They are for two of my sons who don't normally come to football.

Hi Bar BS3 fellow red do it please, How would I contact you to pay and collect tickets (anywhere in the ground as long as they sit together.)

31 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Hi Bar BS3 fellow red do it please, How would I contact you to pay and collect tickets (anywhere in the ground as long as they sit together.)

Might wanna message him lad, theres a little envelope in the top right if you're on a web browser. @Bar BS3

2 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

How would I get them and how would I pay you and meet up (Where in the stand would they sit  I am in the Lansdown stand W13) cheers mate.

They are for two of my sons who don't normally come to football.

I could only book what's available nearest you, but can get two together. 

If I do the print st home option, they will be on email, so I can forward to them when you have transferred me the money. 

Archived