IGNORED

DERBY COUNTY WEST STAND UPPER

DavidNoble

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

It has to be said, the adverstising this season has been shit.

I agree. I've got a S/T so doesn't worry me, BUT, IF I didn't and had gone along tomorrow it would have been all ticket and couldn't get in (yes, I know it's not now, but could have been, I wouldn't have known). Not everybody, is on OTIB or indeed, the internet!

Yes, the advertising of games, ticket procedure outside of "on line" is, indeed, shit !

8 hours ago, Davec72 said:

Thanks for the info, I will use that car  park for £4.50.

yes I have a BMW R1200 GSA

Park it in the ground. We let motorbikes and  scooters park in the Winterstoke Rd car park.  Nice and secure and free!        Just go to the main entrance and the stewards will show you where to park with the other bikes.

53 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

Well done City. An effort.

Wouldn't it be better though for City to do a massive advertising campaign now saying it's now possible to walk up to the stadium and get in as a pay-on-the-day supporter? The proviso could be that any sell-out will be advertised through named mediums 48 hours in advance.

Due to the Stadium revamp, the Club's lost thousands of pay-on-the-day people. They've now all got used to Ashton Gate being 'closed for business' for casuals on matchday. The Club need to change that belief. 

It's time to get the casuals back - but I fear you ain't going to do it by tweeting on a Friday at 4:00pm!

Of course, this assumes that the match-day ticketing arrangements have undergone a massive transformation and people who turn up have a decent chance of getting in before the half-time whistle. May be the 'launch' could cover what has been done to prevent reoccurrences of such match-day shambles for those supporters who vowed never to return after experiencing such 'carp'  service.

A 'free' idea here for you City. How's about appointing a 'pay-on-the-day' manager? 2 year contract, 2.5 days a week. Purpose would be to increase pay-on-the-day revenue. Have a basic salary then performance related. Easy to do given the starting point is zero and easily measurable. So say 1,000 turn up with revenue say £25,000. Comfortably pay for itself in one match. The manager controls prices (within an agreed framework), advertising, information, customer experience blah, blah. Target to get 4,000 PotD per game could cover the egg-chasers games as well. Simples. Jesz... look at the rag bag competition, I'd even volunteer to go to the Freshers Event meself with some of our decent displays.

Despite the mess city have made of this, I'd say 18500 is around what we can expect the average attendances to be if we stay in and around the top half. Drop into the bottom half and it could drop below 18000 and if we are in and aroundo the promotion places it may rise as high as 20000. Wouldn't say it's a disappointing attendance when compared to the last few years 

I took a phone from a mate in work today, who is a casual fan who wants to take is young son to his first City match.   His wife have been trying to but tickets online but the site was saying there was no tickets available and no pay on the day.  He asked me how to I buy tickets for the game!!!

It is not easy for non members to buy tickets, poor information coming from the club , unable to buy tickets at the club shop , £1 booking fee , still restricted captivity , the will they won't they fiasco of the Landdown upper  tier opening they are really making a pigs ear of this and some one at the club needs to get a grip of this.

I didn't realise the club held tickets back in the 'normal' sections of the ground. Does anyone know why they do that? It would be good if the club communicated the reasons for doing so.

I don't always agree with some on here who say the club should communicate on almost all things City related but this just seems a really bizarre thing to do.

I can understand why the club won't open the upper stand every week even if I don't necessarily agree with it but holding back tickets in the main bowl only to release them after people have bought seats that could be classed as not as good?! 

18,500 is a good attendance isn't it :blink:

We have had the two glamour ties this season back to back and people may still be feeling the pinch in their wallets. The tickets are not cheap and I don't think we should lose sight of the fact that the floating supporter is going to be quite picky. Especially come December/January time. 

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Appears to me they've decided not to cater any more for the casual supporter. I just find it unbelievable, but not surprising, given the general level of incompetency in all things to do with attendance matters. 

Suspect that around 20% of football attendances are made up of casual support - those that decide in the morning or just spontaneously to attend. Do that myself with going to Plainmoor 2-3 times a season. 

Can City really afford to be missing out on around 4,000 supporters? 

If  I was running the off-the-field activities of the Club, there would be 3 current priorities 1) sort out pay on the day 2) sort out parking arrangements and 3) effectively and widely communicate access arrangements.

Surprise us City. You've now got the capacity, the parking in the locality exists, the Internet, media and poster sites are all  available - do something FFS. 

I'd be amazed if our crowd is made up of 20% "spontaneous" support. I would suggest at least 95% of people who attend go to bed on Friday night knowing they are going to the game the next day.

On another note, I agree that it's hugely disappointing that availability for the game online has been poor yet we are only expecting 18.5k. That's 3,500 empty seats in the lower bowl alone. We are doing nothing to encourage floaters to attend.

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

18,500 is a good attendance isn't it :blink:

We have had the two glamour ties this season back to back and people may still be feeling the pinch in their wallets. The tickets are not cheap and I don't think we should lose sight of the fact that the floating supporter is going to be quite picky. Especially come December/January time. 

To be fair it does show how far we've come, and how quickly, when 18.5k is considered disappointing. That still ranks as one of our highest attendances in the last 8-9 years - and for an ordinary league match against an ordinary team with nothing particular at stake!

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To be fair it does show how far we've come, and how quickly, when 18.5k is considered disappointing. That still ranks as one of our highest attendances in the last 8-9 years - and for an ordinary league match against an ordinary team with nothing particular at stake!

Precisely. It's progress, it's good progress and considering how much we charge id say rather impressive. That's some 5k shelling out potd prices, which are very steep. Minus Derby that's all people who either can't get a season ticket because they can't commit, or floating fans. A very healthy number I say, and seeing Derby's turnout will enlighten that. 

If we went the 'undersell' route a la Bradford we could get even more. Whether it's cost effective who knows. But taking all in to consideration it's mighty impressive even if the headline number might feel low to some. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Precisely. It's progress, it's good progress and considering how much we charge id say rather impressive. That's some 5k shelling out potd prices, which are very steep. Minus Derby that's all people who either can't get a season ticket because they can't commit, or floating fans. A very healthy number I say, and seeing Derby's turnout will enlighten that. 

If we went the 'undersell' route a la Bradford we could get even more. Whether it's cost effective who knows. But taking all in to consideration it's mighty impressive even if the headline number might feel low to some. 

Interesting point about the "undersell". Just done some very rough maths on that.

If City sold 25,000 season tickets at £200 each (a liberal estimate in my opinion), that's £8.69 per league game. Each game therefore generates £217k. (Your POTD support is negligible because the majority have a ST)

Let's assume for tomorrow's game everyone (18,500) is paying an average of £20 (STH paying £13-20ish, POTD paying £20-£40ish). That game generates £370k.

That's nearly twice as much! Atmosphere and support advantage aside, you'd have to sell a lot of pints to get that back! I admire the "undersell" approach in many ways, but I doubt it is anywhere near the most profitable approach for the club.

(I know my maths are very rough and I haven't factored in away ticket sales).

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting point about the "undersell". Just done some very rough maths on that.

If City sold 25,000 season tickets at £200 each (a liberal estimate in my opinion), that's £8.69 per league game. Each game therefore generates £217k. (Your POTD support is negligible because the majority have a ST)

Let's assume for tomorrow's game everyone (18,500) is paying an average of £20 (STH paying £13-20ish, POTD paying £20-£40ish). That game generates £370k.

That's nearly twice as much! Atmosphere and support advantage aside, you'd have to sell a lot of pints to get that back! I admire the "undersell" approach in many ways, but I doubt it is anywhere near the most profitable approach for the club.

(I know my maths are very rough and I haven't factored in away ticket sales).

Precisely. And then when you consider extra stewarding costs, then the difficulty of charging any more unless promoted as it will be the same product...

18,500 expected.,which is 8,500 less than maximum capacity but on line communication until today showed only 300 available in singles and sub optimum positions ! 

Then at the last minute the Club releases more (and better ) seats  and then announces POTD on Friday afternoon ! What the hell is going on.? Bizarre way to maximise the attendance . Common-sense says have ALL tickets (bar Upper Lansdown) on sale for at least 3 weeks before the match. Decision on Upper Tier announced latest by Monday AM before the match  and POTD available for every match with a statement on what tickets for POTD sales also by Monday. Then spend some marketing money on media to advertise the tickets for sale to encourage the casual supporter (of which there are thousands) . We took over 40,000 to Wembley so the fan base does exist. If we do sell out of all  23,000 home tickets by Friday -then announce no POTD on local media and website. How difficult can it be ?

Why does the Club make it so difficult for non season ticket holders to attend matches  ? Who knows -Perhaps to do with SAG restrictions but I'm only guessing as nobody from the Club seems willing to give the fans an update  on when the stadium has passed all safety requirements.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

I took a phone from a mate in work today, who is a casual fan who wants to take is young son to his first City match.   His wife have been trying to but tickets online but the site was saying there was no tickets available and no pay on the day.  He asked me how to I buy tickets for the game!!!

It is not easy for non members to buy tickets, poor information coming from the club , unable to buy tickets at the club shop , £1 booking fee , still restricted captivity , the will they won't they fiasco of the Landdown upper  tier opening they are really making a pigs ear of this and some one at the club needs to get a grip of this.

It is pay on the day 

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

18,500 expected.,which is 8,500 less than maximum capacity but on line communication until today showed only 300 available in singles and sub optimum positions ! 

Then at the last minute the Club releases more (and better ) seats  and then announces POTD on Friday afternoon ! What the hell is going on.? Bizarre way to maximise the attendance . Common-sense says have ALL tickets (bar Upper Lansdown) on sale for at least 3 weeks before the match. Decision on Upper Tier announced latest by Monday AM before the match  and POTD available for every match with a statement on what tickets for POTD sales also by Monday. Then spend some marketing money on media to advertise the tickets for sale to encourage the casual supporter (of which there are thousands) . We took over 40,000 to Wembley so the fan base does exist. If we do sell out of all  23,000 home tickets by Friday -then announce no POTD on local media and website. How difficult can it be ?

Why does the Club make it so difficult for non season ticket holders to attend matches  ? Who knows -Perhaps to do with SAG restrictions but I'm only guessing as nobody from the Club seems willing to give the fans an update  on when the stadium has passed all safety requirements.

I have been followed the ticketing release on this game out of interest and for what is worth they only release a few hundred extra tickets in south stand corner blocks (family + S18/19). Also I think they have forgotten to include the away ticket sales to their 18.5K prediction for tomorrow. By my cacls we have sold 18.500 home tickets and Derby have an allocation of 2,500 - anybody know what they have sold? Usually they travel in good numbers so expect 20K+ tomorrow not allowing for POTD.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd be amazed if our crowd is made up of 20% "spontaneous" support. I would suggest at least 95% of people who attend go to bed on Friday night knowing they are going to the game the next day.

On another note, I agree that it's hugely disappointing that availability for the game online has been poor yet we are only expecting 18.5k. That's 3,500 empty seats in the lower bowl alone. We are doing nothing to encourage floaters to attend.

The quid a kid for this game is doing something to attract floaters surely???

Archived