IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Derby County Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, BarmyArmy said:

ROD

Little Flint Mags Bryan

Smith Pack

Paterson Reid O'Dowda

Tammy

Drop Tomlin and GON obviously suspended. Give Reid an opportunity to stake a claim further forward and another chance for ROD to redeem himself.

I like the look of that team with two attacking wide players to support Abraham. If we put Derby under pressure, what confidence they have after a poor start might disappear. However, I doubt that Smith is match fit after his injury, so start with Brownhill and bring him on as sub if necessary. I'd also prefer Tomlin to Reid. I also  think Little is a weak link, but not sure there a fit right back to replace him. 

36 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I like the look of that team with two attacking wide players to support Abraham. If we put Derby under pressure, what confidence they have after a poor start might disappear. However, I doubt that Smith is match fit after his injury, so start with Brownhill and bring him on as sub if necessary. I'd also prefer Tomlin to Reid. I also  think Little is a weak link, but not sure there a fit right back to replace him. 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=5&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Here's a list of free agent right backs. 

Its unlikely we would sign any, particularly as they'd likely need time to get up to speed and LJ rates Matthews as one of the best in this league when he is fit.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=5&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Here's a list of free agent right backs. 

Its unlikely we would sign any, particularly as they'd likely need time to get up to speed and LJ rates Matthews as one of the best in this league when he is fit.

I meant fit players actually at the club. As you say, unlikely to sign anyone new as Mathews will be back soon 

43 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I meant fit players actually at the club. As you say, unlikely to sign anyone new as Mathews will be back soon 

Moore or Vyner would be options. Both prefer CB, I think though both have played RB before.

If it was Blackburn or Rotherham at home I wouldn't have an issue with them getting the nod, but for Derby probably best to stick with Little.

3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

According to Twitter it's a 5-2-1-2 but I think Magnusson will go LB and it will be a 4231 / 4411 like we usually play

Cant see that surely its

Fielding
Ekstrand Flint Magnusson
Little Pack Reid Bryan
Tomlin
Paterson Abraham

Also interesting Smith doesnt make the bench. Assuming he did get a knock at the end of the sheff wed game

Edited by Robin 101

Will be really interesting to see how we play today with the players we've got on the pitch. Hope Engvall gets on also. I wouldn't be surprised to hear tomlin and Paterson are drifting wide from central positions regularly almost like a 5-4-1 at times, but we will see! Unfortunately wont be there for a while so I'm relying on balanced, well constructed, non-biased match reports on OTIB!!

Edited by CheddarReds