IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Derby County Match Day Thread

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

LJ not afraid to make changes....good to see ekstrand start, slightly harsh on ROD.

Indeed. Baby out of the bath water I'd say. I like Frankie, but he's just not got the stature to be consistent at this level imho. Not sure why ROD is the only one to feel the axe after many could've. And quite telling that LJ wants to shore up the back line with 3, even in there implying he's unhappy with the defence, but it's only the goalkeeper that gets dropped. 

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Only just realised that ROD is dropped. Just presumed he was playing, don't rate Frankie but he's surely better than the ROD of the last few games. 

Not sure. I still have far more confidence in ROD.

As I see it he (ROD) was clearly to blame for Sheff Wed's second and the third was a bit silly doing the - clearly instructed typically - ball to the wing. Rotherham he can have a share for the first, second is just a freak thing.

In hindsight I don't then think it's particularly catastrophic or a particular loss of form necessarily. A one off shot he ought to have saved, a bit of confusion and just a bit of silliness. Of the third at Weds we had the chance to regroup from the throw in so arguably a different phase and no worse than a MF giving away a silly freekick around the half way line. I think that's a massive overreaction to blame him l. He gave the ball away but there's a bloody lot in between the throw in and the goal  

Personally, I think it's a massive overreaction. 

Doesnt mean I don't hope FF is motm mind and I eat my words. But from here I'm rather disappointed in that decision.  

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I think Liam Kelly is forever confined to the list of bad signings for City, but from what I remember he was actually a really decent midfielder. Just unlucky with his injury.

Agree. I rated him quite a lot and was surprised we swapped him for Korey at the time, admittedly then not knowing Korey from Adam and now appreciating that was a good bit of business. But at the time..

Lee has just said on Twitter that the side chosen are flexible when it comes to formation

I think Lee isn't that bothered with a formation for the game, merely a formation with which to start, and then prepared to change as and when

From what he said Engvall will come on for last 20 mins

Edited by Ivorguy
Typo

A clean sheet today will be key. Any thing else will be a bonus. 

New formation today and hopefully the boys have worked hard on it since Sheff Wed. 

But as we know LJ likes to change things up mid game. So I think fluidity could be a key factor in stifling a good Derby team. 

I think there will be goals in this one. 

2-2