IGNORED

Derby fans

TV Tom

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Surprised they only brought 1500, seemed more than that, I thought they'd be one of the teams to sell their allocation

That was 500 more that they bought last season, even though they are having a relatively bad time. 

I think they, like us, would bring a lot more when flying high. 

16 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I believe (although could be wrong) that their large home support is made up of very, very cheap tickets for kids/families (and a lot of freebies) which could account for the lower travelling numbers i.e., a lot of their home support only goes because its cheap and would never travel away!

Yep. Their away support has never been great - not in the same league as Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, etc

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

A lot of Newcastle & especially Leeds support don't actually come from their respective city's, Leeds have a very large support throughout the country

I'm guessing if Clough had stayed at Derby in the 70's they may well have dominated English football possibly with a European Cup or two, resulting in a bigger fan base nationwide a-la Leeds these days. 

6 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I'm guessing if Clough had stayed at Derby in the 70's they may well have dominated English football possibly with a European Cup or two, resulting in a bigger fan base nationwide a-la Leeds these days. 

Forest don't really have massive nationwide support though, or huge traveling support generally. 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Forest don't really have massive nationwide support though, or huge traveling support generally. 

True, I'm just postulating on the 'ifs' and 'buts'. Strange how a Leeds side caught the imagination of many despite the 'dirty' tag and not delivering as much silverwear as they perhaps should have whereas Forest, with two European Cups, never amassed the fanbase outside of Nottingham. 

2 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

True, I'm just postulating on the 'ifs' and 'buts'. Strange how a Leeds side caught the imagination of many despite the 'dirty' tag and not delivering as much silverwear as they perhaps should have whereas Forest, with two European Cups, never amassed the fanbase outside of Nottingham. 

Very true. I don't know what Leeds did to become so well supported outside of their catchment area. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Very true. I don't know what Leeds did to become so well supported outside of their catchment area. 

Maybe when they won the first division in 1990/1991 I think? Last year before premier league.

ive seen my first Leicester shirt in bristol and I couldn't help but ask if he was from Leicester , he replied no I'm from Tiverton but after last year I'm a Leicester fan!!

some people just support anyone that wins the league! It can backfire just ask some glory hunter Blackburn rovers fans!!

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

A bit harsh, they always bring decent numbers to the Gate as a rule.

I didn't say they didn't have decent support. 

Previous post suggested that had Clough not left Derby and they'd dominated a bit more then they may rival Leeds for nationwide support and I was just suggesting that Forest don't have that despite Clough & his dominant era. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I didn't say they didn't have decent support. 

Previous post suggested that had Clough not left Derby and they'd dominated a bit more then they may rival Leeds for nationwide support and I was just suggesting that Forest don't have that despite Clough & his dominant era. 

Apologies, my mistake.

Leeds were a real force in the late 60s on . Won the league, League cup, Euefa cup , etc http://www.11v11.com/teams/leeds-united/tab/honours/

Also runners up in the League more than once, not only sucessful but could play very good football. Check out the 7-0 demolition of Southampton for some showboating, hard too but good players . Also winners in Europe twice , should have been more. Watched any TV football as a kid and had a bit of  a soft spot for Leeds, . We bumped into the Dublin branch of LUFC supporters club at Victoria station when we played Hull at Wembley, good lads , but didn't realise that they had any more fans around the country than most though. Didn't look that many at Cardiff yesterday btw.

19 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Maybe when they won the first division in 1990/1991 I think? Last year before premier league.

ive seen my first Leicester shirt in bristol and I couldn't help but ask if he was from Leicester , he replied no I'm from Tiverton but after last year I'm a Leicester fan!!

some people just support anyone that wins the league! It can backfire just ask some glory hunter Blackburn rovers fans!!

TWAAAAAT!

15 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

TWAAAAAT!

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wise words mate!

I bet it wouldn`t occur to the knobhead to just nip ten miles down the road and watch Exeter as I expect `they`m just rubbish`.

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wise words mate!

I bet it wouldn`t occur to the knobhead to just nip ten miles down the road and watch Exeter as I expect `they`m just rubbish`.

You expect him to sit in the cold in an old stadium when he can watch 'his' team from the comfort of the armchair.

Are you insane?

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

You expect him to sit in the cold in an old stadium when he can watch 'his' team from the comfort of the armchair.

Are you insane?

Sorry mate, I just wasn`t thinking straight. How could I have been so stupid. What sort of deluded idiot would want to do that with all the quality fare on offer from Sky.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

The fact that he wasn't to embarrassed to tell you that says it all about the stupid little tosser. 

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He should have at least had the sense to say he used to live there, his dad was from there or some such crap. At least you could have accepted it then.

I would have understood if he said he had £20 at 5000/1 like some did , but sadly he didn't!

Archived