IGNORED

The Official Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question! It was the best atmosphere you've ever experienced at a game? 

Last year was an unbelievable atmosphere.  This year, though a slightly smaller following, the atmosphere was fantastic and, more importantly, was spread over ninety minutes rather than the last five.  The adrenalin is still racing through my veins.  It was soooooo  good there today.  At half time I was surprised we were still in the lead and frankly doubted whether we could survive but ...... some of the skill I then witnessed, especially from Tomlin and Bobby, was of the highest order and we fully justified the three points.  Well done team. Well done fans!

• Like 7

I'm on my way back now, had the evening in London after the match. I've read a few pages on this thread and got to say I'm staggered by the pocession stats. It seems we  were getting battered by them but we certainly were not. We were always fully in control and just got to say it was pretty much a perfect example of a team performance. They say stats don't lie but if asked I would have said pocession was heavily in our favour.

Funny old game!

• Like 3
11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely! For me Bradford away in 1989 League Cup quarter final was just amazing and it's hard to beat that...

I'm with you on this for the best atmosphere at a game I've attended. It was also the longest, after scoring after 73 seconds and having a big clock in the corner. I was convinced the sec hand was going backwards at one point.

Most of the city crowd were not in the ground when we scored.    

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Apologies if it has already been mentioned, but a chant at the game yesterday I hadn't heard before and really couldn't understand what the words were, to me it sounded like...

"ee-ore is an asslicker, ee-ore is an asslicker" etc

Anyone care to shed some light?

:sad26:

Was it towards the end of the match when there was:

"Oooo arr  it's a massacre"

Well that's what I heard anyway

1 hour ago, BCFC_95 said:

Apologies if it has already been mentioned, but a chant at the game yesterday I hadn't heard before and really couldn't understand what the words were, to me it sounded like...

"ee-ore is an asslicker, ee-ore is an asslicker" etc

Anyone care to shed some light?

:sad26:

Brilliant :clap::rofl2br:

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, redsapper said:

I'm with you on this for the best atmosphere at a game I've attended. It was also the longest, after scoring after 73 seconds and having a big clock in the corner. I was convinced the sec hand was going backwards at one point.

Most of the city crowd were not in the ground when we scored.    

We were just getting  in the stand and stopped to watch the attack, we scored with the stewards shouting at us to sit down . The rest of the game was the longest 89 minutes ever !

I was away with some friends this weekend with no phone signal. I saw we were 1-0 up but didn't see the final score until today. What a great result. Glad that Freeman got on the scoresheet - much deserved after some improved performances. I'm pleased that Flint got a goal too after those setbacks in recent games.