IGNORED

Talksport today

Tinmans Love Child

On the way to work we got a mention by Alan Brazil when he was interviewing Gary Monk, then on the way home Drive did a good piece on Tammy and Chelsea, with Harry Rednapp saying some good things as well (although he did mention how well Rovers are doing which let him down ;0)

nice to see the national media coverage on us of late, especially when it's all positive at the moment!

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha really ? Well he's mentioned making his debut here quite a few times , his brains probably pickled by now. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He probably vaguely remembered a team in red and a huge crowd and thought it must be us!

Think it was his first game in England - and was for Scottish U23 or similar 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think he's just pickled mate, he played eight games for Scotland U21s and none of them were at The Gate...he did play at Coventry though, the only time he played against England for the U21s

Been thinking about it BS4 as he's mentioned it a few times - Thinking about it -  and what he said about it and think it was when he was younger (maybe for a Celtic youth side 

45 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

He's told the story a number of times. I remember discussing us with Neil Warnock when we were looking for replacement for Cotts. Brazil's first game outside of Scotland was with the Celtic youth team at the Gate. I'm not sure when this would have been.

Ive heard him say his 1 game in England  50 times approx. ! over past 5/6 years   in fact as soon as Bristol City is mentioned on his show  you just know  whats coming !      However think you will find that it was a fa youth cup match  against his beloved Ipswich

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

During the morning show, whilst Monk was on the phone, we were mentioned a couple times as a prompt for discussion and Monk wouldn't really discuss us. I actually thought a lack of respect there.

Could be a good omen?!

Perhaps he didn't want to mention that when he was a player he turned down a move to us, even though he couldn't get in the Swansea side!

Archived