IGNORED

Sam Allardyce

North London Red

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

All very well, but Allardyce isn't a businessman. He's a football manager and more to the point he's an employee. Therein lies the difference.

RR...I can't think of one manager or player that hasn't got 'interests' elsewhere outside of football.

Our own LJ was setting up a property empire for example. Fergie and others dabbled with horses. Others in investment etc,etc.

I can't remember anyone in football being told they aren't to do other business...as long as it didn't contravene football law...which big Sam said he would have to put by the FA for approval first before agreeing to anything.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

RR...I can't think of one manager or player that hasn't got 'interests' elsewhere outside of football.

Our own LJ was setting up a property empire for example. Fergie and others dabbled with horses. Others in investment etc,etc.

I can't remember anyone in football being told they aren't to do other business...as long as it didn't contravene football law...which big Sam said he would have to put by the FA for approval first before agreeing to anything.

It just shows idiocy to be honest, as England Manager you'd hope he was bright enough to realise the knives would be out.

His Rooney "can play where he wants because who can tell him what to do" also smacked of incompetence.

And comparing renting houses you bought with your earnings vs this is disingenuous to say the least.

Indeed, but outside interests don't include acting as a consultant into how FA rules can be circumvented. That's where the conflict comes with your job.

As Ole correctly points out, SA didn't do anything wrong within the letter of the game's law, but he was monumentally stupid for meeting these guys without background checks and allowing the conversation to proceed in the direction it did.  The impression was given that he was for hire to whoever and he lacked judgement. It's for that as much as anything else he's been given the push.

Never mind Sam. As someone pointed out on Facebook, in your 67 days in charge, you've earned as much as people on an ordinary wage do in 20 years. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It just shows idiocy to be honest, as England Manager you'd hope he was bright enough to realise the knives would be out.

His Rooney "can play where he wants because who can tell him what to do" also smacked of incompetence.

And comparing renting houses you bought with your earnings vs this is disingenuous to say the least.

He wasn't England manager when this all started.

My point was about Pro's in the game having businesses other than their employer...as in nearly everyone does it.

As for people giving such damning opinion, when all they have seen is an edited video and part of a transcript...just goes to show how the masses are easily led by media these days, without thought as to why it was edited that way.

People want to see what they want to see.

Funny as it's the same old posters, who are so damning in nearly all similar topics, based purely on what they read in the media.

A sad indictment of society...they believe what they read and see...without thinking about the agenda behind it, or any editing.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Indeed, but outside interests don't include acting as a consultant into how FA rules can be circumvented. That's where the conflict comes with your job.

As Ole correctly points out, SA didn't do anything wrong within the letter of the game's law, but he was monumentally stupid for meeting these guys without background checks and allowing the conversation to proceed in the direction it did.  The impression was given that he was for hire to whoever and he lacked judgement. It's for that as much as anything else he's been given the push.

Never mind Sam. As someone pointed out on Facebook, in your 67 days in charge, you've earned as much as people on an ordinary wage do in 20 years. :facepalm:

Agreed...it was fool hardy. But where did he say he would act as a consultant on how FA rules could be navigated?

All we've seen is an edited video where he spoke about how it could be done. We don't know the context of the questions leading up to those questions or the context of the conversation.

These 'questions' in such meetings are planned to be leading, so they can be taken out of context.

I would hazard a guess, that if we were to see all the video footage, most people would take a different view.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

I know...read what I said. 'When it all started'...as in 10 months leading up to those meetings.

and he still fell for it FFS?, with all of the money and agents in football you would have thought the buzz words of 'due diligence' might have cropped up somewhere along the line, especially after taking over the England role, he's a bigger tit than we all imagined then.

47 minutes ago, spudski said:

My point was about Pro's in the game having businesses other than their employer...as in nearly everyone does it.

As for people giving such damning opinion, when all they have seen is an edited video and part of a transcript...just goes to show how the masses are easily led by media these days, without thought as to why it was edited that way.

Funny as it's the same old posters, who are so damning in nearly all similar topics, based purely on what they read in the media.

A sad indictment of society...they believe what they read and see...without thinking about the agenda behind it, or any editing.

Agreed...it was fool hardy. But where did he say he would act as a consultant on how FA rules could be navigated?

All we've seen is an edited video where he spoke about how it could be done. We don't know the context of the questions leading up to those questions or the context of the conversation.

These 'questions' in such meetings are planned to be leading, so they can be taken out of context.

I would hazard a guess, that if we were to see all the video footage, most people would take a different view.

The big snag in your argument Spud is that Allardyce agreed with the FA that his position was untenable. This was a job he coveted all his professional life and he gave it all up even though he was innocent! Very hard to believe.

Thank goodness you're here to tell us 'masses' how wrong we're all getting it!

Us 'masses' have seen a very greedy man displaying his greed and godawful judgement. The saddest 'indictment of our society' is that people are defending a pig trying to get his face further into the trough, however he was finally exposed as such. This isn't just based on one 'edited video', he's got a load of form for this sort of thing, from his son's boasting about bungs on Panorama to his dodgy dealings with Mark Curtis, whether that be by buying a suspicious proportion of players represented by him or attempting to force his own players to sign for Curtis. Just because others are equally on the make, doesn't make it ok.

It appears that 'the same old posters' are whoever disagrees with your opinions, which is exactly what they are, not facts- and anyone else on here is perfectly entitled to hold a different opinion to yours without you intimating in a worldly wise fashion that they are entirely naive.

13 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

The big snag in your argument Spud is that Allardyce agreed with the FA that his position was untenable. This was a job he coveted all his professional life and he gave it all up even though he was innocent! Very hard to believe.

They don't pay out an alleged £1 million bucks to someone who isn't. If he had done wrong...he would have been sacked, end of with no pay out.

@Stortz Hope that makes you feel better flower.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

They don't pay out an alleged £1 million bucks to someone who isn't. If he had done wrong...he would have been sacked, end of with no pay out.

Is the £1 million payout confirmed Spud? Or are you clinging to a rumour posted by someone else to back up your support for this greedy moron?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Get your story straight mate, either money flies around like confetti as you say, or it doesn't.

As someone who apparently knows so much from the inside, you will be well aware of how cushty departures are at all levels. M

1 hour ago, Ashtonboy said:

Is the £1 million payout confirmed Spud? Or are you clinging to a rumour posted by someone else to back up your support for this greedy moron?

See...this is where people just don't get it. I'm not supporting anyone...I'm just seeing it for what it is. I'm not jumping on the band wagon of abusing SA based on a few stories published by the media, that's only had a few days publicity. The Times have reported the pay out...whether it's true or not is another thing. Just like the Telegraphs edited and reported transcript of SA. I'm neither for or against it. It is what it is...Greed is all parts of football. Even at the Club you support.

11 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Get your story straight mate, either money flies around like confetti as you say, or it doesn't.

As someone who apparently knows so much from the inside, you will be well aware of how cushty departures are at all levels. M

My story is straight...stop trying to make an argument where there isn't one.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

If you don't remember your own posts there's not much point in going on.

Alzheimer's sadly where most of us will end up, enjoy your memories whilst you still can (@Spudski this is nothing to do with your posts or you @#Robin1988)

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Alzheimer's sadly where most of us will end up, enjoy your memories whilst you still can (@Spudski this is nothing to do with your posts or you @#Robin1988)

An awful thing Reddoh...my mother has early signs of it...it's difficult seeing her deteriorate.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Oh come on, I can't believe that you don't realise the guys put himself in the firing line for no other reason than cash.  The man's an employee and should behave as such.

Yesterday you also stated that no one's contracts said they couldn't do outside work, which is BS.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

An awful thing Reddoh...my mother has early signs of it...it's difficult seeing her deteriorate.

I didn't like your post purely because I don't think its appropriate too , my Aunt has dementia, I joked with my Mother not to worry  its hereditary. at my Mothers funeral My Aunt Asked why are we here and Started crying when I said its your sisters funeral  

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I didn't like your post purely because I don't think its appropriate too , my Aunt has dementia, I joked with my Mother not to worry  its hereditary. at my Mothers funeral My Aunt Asked why are we here and Started crying when I said its your sisters funeral  

That's awful fella...I feel for you. I had a similar experience. My best friend committed suicide and his mother had dementia. She didn't even realise she was at her own sons funeral when she was there...so sad to see...and hard for everyone associated with her.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's awful fella...I feel for you. I had a similar experience. My best friend committed suicide and his mother had dementia. She didn't even realise she was at her own sons funeral when she was there...so sad to see...and hard for everyone associated with her.

I think the hardest part even after all these years is I miss them both

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh come on, I can't believe that you don't realise the guys put himself in the firing line for no other reason than cash.  The man's an employee and should behave as such.

Yesterday you also stated that no one's contracts said they couldn't do outside work, which is BS.

You've obviously misread all my posts on this. Of course he did it for the money. How many times do I have to repeat myself. Sam said he wouldn't agree to anything, until he had passed it by the FA.

I also didn't say everyone's contract said that.

Read my posts where I've explained it.

Can't be bothered to discuss this anymore. I've got my thoughts...you and others have theirs. I'm entitled to my opinion like you are yours. No point me trying to convince otherwise.

Archived