IGNORED

Jackie Vid

Tinmans Love Child

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Shame tomlin isn't playing tomorrow for him to see as he's the one player we have most like jacki. 

Loved watching jacki. I still hate osman to this day for bombing him out

A few of us were at tinnions testimonial dinner and were stood either side of osman at the bar. My mate shouted across osman. Remember jacki mate what a player he was . Oh yes mate class ,who ever got rid of him I replied . He said , some ***** can't remember his name. Osman just picked his drink up and walked off . :laughcont:

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A few of us were at tinnions testimonial dinner and were stood either side of osman at the bar. My mate shouted across osman. Remember jacki mate what a player he was . Oh yes mate class ,who ever got rid of him I replied . He said , some ***** can't remember his name. Osman just picked his drink up and walked off . :laughcont:

Wasn't there a bit more to it? 

I thought one of Jacki's kids was unwell and he wanted to return to Poland?

Osman what a **** he was . Remember Jacki doing the half time draw and then that was it gone!!

Fond memories of his short lived time here. Proper boy was Daz. 

U can have your Jets and Tomlins and Trundles but not one of em could lace his boots. True Maverick original . They don't make them like that anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

if I remember it right, Osman said he could not have two luxury players on the pitch who could not win the ball back (Jacki and Cole). So let Jacki go then Cole was sold a short while later. Worst football I have ever seen after they both left.

Agree with that . Season was flat but we stayed up. Hated Osman since them dayz . 

One of the most exciting players to ever don a City shirt in my time - a true maverick on and off the pitch. The comparisons with Tomlin are good for me as I really believe Tomlin will have the same affect on the current younger fans as those of us who were lucky enough to have witnessed Jacki 20+ years ago!

Great players stay with you forever bringing back all the good memories and wiping away all the guff in between (at least for a moment anyway).

18 minutes ago, shelts said:

Agree with that . Season was flat but we stayed up. Hated Osman since them dayz . 

Should never have let Jacki go I agree, but Osman has to get credit for masterminding three matches against one of the strongest teams in Britian at that time, Liverpool, and getting two draws and a win.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

No half time pint for me tomorrow. 

Jacki would be appalled if you did that! I remember buying him a double vodka on a Friday night in Park Street around midnight, we had Barnsley at home the next day and he ran the show......last of the old school mavericks.....I loved him and have just about forgiven him for playing for C*ltic.....

40 minutes ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

if I remember it right, Osman said he could not have two luxury players on the pitch who could not win the ball back (Jacki and Cole). So let Jacki go then Cole was sold a short while later. Worst football I have ever seen after they both left.

I've always thought Jimmy Lumsden didn't get the credit he deserved for signing Jacki - it's amazing how many City fans say Jacki is the best player they've ever seen at The Gate yet he was only with us for 18 months. 

World class.....

12 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Should never have let Jacki go I agree, but Osman has to get credit for masterminding three matches against one of the strongest teams in Britian at that time, Liverpool, and getting two draws and a win.

It was a massive result for us at the time but if you ask any Liverpool fan they'll tell you it one of the worst teams they've had I n their recent history . 

Archived