IGNORED

Jackie Vid

Tinmans Love Child

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was a massive result for us at the time but if you ask any Liverpool fan they'll tell you it one of the worst teams they've had I n their recent history . 

Rubbish, they started the 0-1 game at Anfield with:

Bruce Grobbelaar

Rob Jones

Steve Nicol

Steve Harkness

Neil Ruddock

Nigel Clough

Mark Walters

Jamie Redknapp

Steve McManaman

Ian Rush

Packed full of international players.....and our team that night?

Welch, Llewellyn, Scott, Shail, Munro, Edwards, Martin, Bent, Robinson, Allison, Tinnion...and Pennyfather came on as sub. 

Heroes all...forever in City's history....but that wasn't a bad Liverpool side by any means and they should have (not of) beaten our eleven easily. Of course Scousers will say it was an awful Liverpool side, because they lost to us.

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've always thought Jimmy Lumsden didn't get the credit he deserved for signing Jacki - it's amazing how many City fans say Jacki is the best player they've ever seen at The Gate yet he was only with us for 18 months. 

World class.....

The best I've ever seen at the Gate by a long shot

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bruce Grobbelaar

Rob Jones

Steve Nicol

Steve Harkness

Neil Ruddock

Nigel Clough

Mark Walters

Jamie Redknapp

Steve McManaman

Ian Rush

Welch, Llewellyn, Scott, Shail, Munro, Edwards, Martin, Bent, Robinson, Allison, Tinnion...and Pennyfather came on as sub. 

Heroes all...forever in City's history....but that wasn't a bad Liverpool side by any means and they should have (not of) beaten our eleven easily. Of course Scousers will say it was an awful Liverpool side, because they lost to us.

One of the abiding memories of that game for me was Martin Scott having Mark Walters in his pocket all night. Probably the best performance I`ve ever seen from a City defender.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bruce Grobbelaar

Rob Jones

Steve Nicol

Steve Harkness

Neil Ruddock

Nigel Clough

Mark Walters

Jamie Redknapp

Steve McManaman

Ian Rush

I think he was referring to the fact Liverpool were just rubbish in general as a team over that period in time. No direction from souness etc. As a team, they should have performed much better with the individuals. 

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bruce Grobbelaar

Rob Jones

Steve Nicol

Steve Harkness

Neil Ruddock

Nigel Clough

Mark Walters

Jamie Redknapp

Steve McManaman

Ian Rush

No it's not rubbish , I'm not comparing Liverpool with us but the Liverpool of 4 years previous that won their last title. Yes rush played but was on his last legs by then and as for harness and Walters it's laughable to suggest they were decent Liverpool players . 

Incredible that he was only with us for 18 months……..I remember the 2-1 cup win at Leicester, and the game he spoke of against Wolves, when he came on and lit up the stadium with 2 goals. When Andy Llewellyn had his testimonial ( I cannot remember the year) Jacki came to play, and his appearance must have put a good 6-7,000 on the Gate, as everyone I spoke to was there to see Jacki play one more time. He was the George Best of Poland, and his incredible football ability was not the only thing that he had in common with Georgie? I have never heard of anyone who didn't like him, other than possibly a few husbands.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it's not rubbish , I'm not comparing Liverpool with us but the Liverpool of 4 years previous that won their last title. Yes rush played but was on his last legs by then and as for harness and Walters it's laughable to suggest they were decent Liverpool players . 

Rush on his last legs in 1994? He played for SIX seasons after that.

Harkness was at Liverpool for ten years - they don't tend to put up with crap players for THAT long, and after Liverpool he played for Benfica, Blackburn and Sheff Wed, not the worst CV I've seen.

The Liverpool team we beat had well over 200 international caps between them...I know what you're saying in that they were nowhere near the best Liverpool teams of the 80s - but that was a fine team we beat...

2 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Ihave a photo on my phone  signing autographs in his car    If I remember correctly that was Gerry Gow Testimonial pre season  vMan City

I didn`t go to that one so it must have been another time I`m thinking of. Maybe he was over here for a while - I think he was something to do with the Polish international setup at the time.

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Three times the player Tomlin is - and Tomlin is great, just shows how good Jacki was in my opinion...

Sorry Buddy don't agree....When Jacki had the ball at his feet he was amazing soon as he lost it he never chased it and was as lazy as he was brilliant... If I had to pick Tomlin or Jacki I would pick Tomlin every time. 

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rush on his last legs in 1994? He played for SIX seasons after that.

Harkness was at Liverpool for ten years - they don't tend to put up with crap players for THAT long, and after Liverpool he played for Benfica, Blackburn and Sheff Wed, not the worst CV I've seen.

The Liverpool team we beat had well over 200 international caps between them...I know what you're saying in that they were nowhere near the best Liverpool teams of the 80s - but that was a fine team we beat...

Look mate you've contradicted yourself by saying they were a fine team but not compared with the teams of the eighties. We beat Liverpool fc the name , that team were not ten percent as good as that Liverpool squad of the eighties is what I'm getting at . They were a bang average prem side really but because it was Liverpool it made it that that much extra special. I do agree with you it was a magical night but please don't make out it was a brilliant Liverpool team because it wasn't . A very good mate of mine followed Liverpool home and away and in Europe during the eighties and is also a fan of the tent dwellers , he hated it but shook my hand because we ended souness reign . They went from Ray houghton, Peter Beardsley , John Barnes etc to John scales , razor ruddock and Julian ******* dicks within a few years . In comparison it was a shocking Liverpool side. Sweet though none the less. 

2 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Sorry Buddy don't agree....When Jacki had the ball at his feet he was amazing soon as he lost it he never chased it and was as lazy as he was brilliant... If I had to pick Tomlin or Jacki I would pick Tomlin every time. 

Every opinion counts mate....I don't agree though. 'Lazy and brilliant' could describe Tomlin, JET and Trundle as well as Jacki...these are the football geniuses we've loved in recent times...but to me Jacki was head and shoulders above all of them...

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Look mate you've contradicted yourself by saying they were a fine team but not compared with the teams of the eighties. We beat Liverpool fc the name , that team were not ten percent as good as that Liverpool squad of the eighties is what I'm getting at . They were a bang average prem side really but because it was Liverpool it made it that that much extra special. I do agree with you it was a magical night but please don't make out it was a brilliant Liverpool team because it wasn't . A very good mate of mine followed Liverpool home and away and in Europe during the eighties and is also a fan of the tent dwellers , he hated it but shook my hand because we ended souness reign . They went from Ray houghton, Peter Beardsley , John Barnes etc to John scales , razor ruddock and Julian ******* dicks within a few years . In comparison it was a shocking Liverpool side. Sweet though none the less. 

No problem mate, happy to have this debate, I never called the 1994 Liverpool team 'brilliant' as you said I did...I said it was a fine team, and it was. It was not a 'shocking' Liverpool side as you said it was - Grobbelaar, Rush, McManaman, Clough, Redknapp, Nicol etc...far from shocking, and far from their worst side. And I didn't contradict myself. I said the side we beat was a fine side but not as good as their sides in their glory years. Where's the contradiction??

It's that Wolves game at home I'll always remember him for. Came on at 1-0 down with not long left and he scored two to win it 2-1. The goals used to be on YouTube but can't find them. If anyone reading this has the highlights of the last 15 minutes of that game, please get them on there! As a 12/13 year old at the time, who cares about the lack of effort etc. It's the genius which he provided which means I'll always look back on him fondly. 

JACKI'S ON FIRE, YOUR DEFENCE IS TERRIFIED!

2 hours ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

if I remember it right, Osman said he could not have two luxury players on the pitch who could not win the ball back (Jacki and Cole). So let Jacki go then Cole was sold a short while later. Worst football I have ever seen after they both left.

Pulis has just moved up 1 place in great city managers.

Archived