IGNORED

2017/18 Bristol City home and away kits

phantom

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

£45 seems to be the going rate, however how many clubs offer 15% off for ST holders. I assume your friend is not a ST holder but few clubs retail below £45 anyway and with a ST it costs £38

I know you're right but when you go in anywhere window shopping , a discount can be a second thought. He is a ST holder but you see £45 and it's off putting, specially when current practice is change both shirts every year. I just think if they are going to stick with new home and away every 12 month then £35 before discount is enough. I don't wear colours, shirts would not get a regular outing so I can't bring myself to spend that much on something that wouldn't be used a lot, but that's me. I still wonder about the policy of not discounting old stock, but I guess that's aimed at the likes of me who maybe would get a cheap shirt maybe some would get those instead of new ones who knows. 

13 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I know you're right but when you go in anywhere window shopping , a discount can be a second thought. He is a ST holder but you see £45 and it's off putting, specially when current practice is change both shirts every year. I just think if they are going to stick with new home and away every 12 month then £35 before discount is enough. I don't wear colours, shirts would not get a regular outing so I can't bring myself to spend that much on something that wouldn't be used a lot, but that's me. I still wonder about the policy of not discounting old stock, but I guess that's aimed at the likes of me who maybe would get a cheap shirt maybe some would get those instead of new ones who knows. 

If you go in any sport shop or any club shop, I suspect that £40-45 is what you'd find any current shirt priced at and I actually thing they are reasonable value. They are good quality and last for years. 

Im sure every STH is also aware of the discount too. 

13 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Easy fix to that. 

They advertise shirts with different prices.

Retail

ST/ST PLUS/Dual

Discount become clearer and those wavering about getting a membership or season ticket will he able to clearly see one of the many benefits and how it saves money in real terms.

On 10/7/2016 at 20:23, sglosbcfc said:

There always seems to be is tension between old gits like me who like the Robin and the traditional or retro kits and maybe the younger fans who like the modern kits and the present badge. I've stated many times why not cater for both markets. Have one kit very traditional with the Robin (as it is 40 years on why not the away white and black from first division days) and one kit modern and with the coat of arms. The next season the home kit could become the traditional kit and the away one modern and experimental. Both camps happy and extra sales I would predict. Everyone is a winner.

i'm an old git and always thought the robin was naff. The current crest is classier - though a better robin badge would be possible..

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you go in any sport shop or any club shop, I suspect that £40-45 is what you'd find any current shirt priced at and I actually thing they are reasonable value. They are good quality and last for years. 

Im sure every STH is also aware of the discount too. 

This is probably true, but part of my point is they made a point of using a local supplier to reduce costs, at least that's what what I read somewhere, and the savings were not passed on.  I still think £40+ is too much for a shirt, but anyone that is happy to pay it , then fair enough, but as I said they are current for 12 months now when they used to be good for 2 seasons and alternate.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Easy fix to that. 

They advertise shirts with different prices.

Retail

ST/ST PLUS/Dual

Good idea , and simple. Seeing £38 STH £45 non STH may tempt a few more in, not me , but a few.

Moving to the other subject , I love the Robin ( I have the tattoo to prove it ) but I love the fact the we have the Bristol crest as our badge and THEY won't use it because of that, even better when / if they move out of Bristol :city:

The City is ours, the City is ours, One Team in Bristol , the City is ours

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is probably true, but part of my point is they made a point of using a local supplier to reduce costs, at least that's what what I read somewhere, and the savings were not passed on.  I still think £40+ is too much for a shirt, but anyone that is happy to pay it , then fair enough, but as I said they are current for 12 months now when they used to be good for 2 seasons and alternate.

Good idea , and simple. Seeing £38 STH £45 non STH may tempt a few more in, not me , but a few.

Moving to the other subject , I love the Robin ( I have the tattoo to prove it ) but I love the fact the we have the Bristol crest as our badge and THEY won't use it because of that, even better when / if they move out of Bristol :city:

The City is ours, the City is ours, One Team in Bristol , the City is ours

They should go one step further and show the bar/food prices with the discount as well.

The hungry and thirsty would soon work out how much they could save in real terms. The odd 40p here and there suddenly shows just what good value the Sports Bar and concourse is - if used.

In the survey I wrote that I liked the early 70s kit (even though it was before my time!), although I suppose last season's kit (my favourite from recent years) was similar.

I'd also like something similar to the kit with shadow stripes that we wore at Wembley in 1986, but with a proper badge.

On 10/7/2016 at 17:40, Bristol Rob said:

I just hope we get some clear favourites and it doesn't become a committee decision when bits of dozens of designs get lumped together.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

Thank you, that did make I laugh on a cold Monday morning!!

Hope the club publish the results...would be interesting to see the thoughts of the fanbase

Robins and white shorts with the home kit....

On 9/10/2016 at 21:29, brizzlelou said:

That is a thing of beauty! That shirt would really suit the Lancer Scott sponsor. Also, I think the neck on the home would look better on the away and vice versa. 

That away kit is awesome. I haven't bought a shirt for years but don't think l could pass that one up.

Archived