IGNORED

RIP Gerry Gow

cider head

5 minutes ago, The Civil Service said:

Scored the first City goal I ever saw (2-0 Wolves 1979). Fantastic player. Great man. RIP

I think that was  a pre season friendly, and I think Gerry and the Ritchie brothers making there debuts. Gerry was marking one of my favorites at the time Derek Dougan. Watching  Derek face that day we were both thinking . Wow what have we got here. Gerry left an impression on me that day and will remain with me. What a player, R I P. Gerry.

Please, please, please can we have a proper minutes silence before the game against Blackburn?  I'm not a fan of the applause fad (maybe do it during the game as well as an added tribute)....you don't get 52 million people applauding at 11 on 11/11, so please could we show the respect due to a proper City legend and have a quiet minute of reflection?!?

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I confess that I'm welling up here .

No shame in that Major, we've lost an absolute hero. Shed a tear, then console yourself with the fond memories of those two-footed tackles, the promotion year, winning at Arsenal, etc.

I can't believe how emotional I've been upon hearing this sad news. Lord knows how this will affect his family but, if it's any consolation, they must be so proud to be reminded of what a legend he is to so many City fans.

I never saw the great man play for City, one of the big regrets I have as a red. Remember watching him play for Man City in the 81 Cup Final and thinking that their kit didn't quite suit him in the same way the red and the robin did

His legend will live on, RIP Gerry

God bless Gerry

Just recalled the Eastend singing " Oh Gerry stay with us" to the tune of Mary Hopkin's  Those were the Days before he was transferred out....It was heartfelt by us all then and the sentiment so much keener with this sad news.

Will never forget my football hero.

Sad, sad news. I never got to see him play but he was unquestionably my Dads favourite player as he was a lot of people on the forums and at the Gate. Met him a few times in latter years and he seemed a genuine and humble man with lots of great stories. A sad loss to us and more importantly his family.

In his memory, how about printing red t-shirts with the image taken from the surfer flag and selling them and any proceeds going to  http://www.cancerresearchuk.org ?

I know there are some on here that know all about printing t-shirts and I'm sure they would be popular and would be great to see Ashton Gate decked out in these t-shirts.

@Olé

Archived