IGNORED

Your football idol

MC RISK77

UEFA  champions league twitter are running something called your football idol asking current pros who their idols were...who was everyone's idols on here

a) city idol

b) non city football idols

I will start

a) Alan  walsh, started supporting city in 86 he seemed to score every week

b) can't choose between Gary lineker or roberto Baggio, lineker because In 80's he was the main man...Baggio I'm half Italian and he was a superb footballer 

For me it was Mick Harford for City as I was tall for my age & always seen my heading as one of my strong points as a kid (maybe it was because no one else really liked heading the ball as a kid in the 80's)

And for England it would be Mark Hateley for similar reasons as above.

For football in general, I always used to look up to Zico, I just thought the guy oozed class.

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

UEFA  champions league twitter are running something called your football idol asking current pros who their idols were...who was everyone's idols on here

a) city idol

b) non city football idols

I will start

a) Alan  walsh, started supporting city in 86 he seemed to score every week

b) can't choose between Gary lineker or roberto Baggio, lineker because In 80's he was the main man...Baggio I'm half Italian and he was a superb footballer 

a) Gerry Gow

b) Tommy Smith (born 1945)

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

a) Shaun Taylor.

b) Lothar Mattaus

Reason for both is when I played, it was a CB or CM. Taylor showed that you didn't have to have that much ability (and I didn't!), you could get through with sheer bloody desire and will. Lothar had that, with the added bonus of just being a bit good...

What a player Matthaus was. 

Matt Hill. Not the best footballer. But big heart big leap and played with a smile on his face. And did a whole lot of covering for out of position centre backs

Ruud Guillet only player who seemed to be able to play every out field position at the highest level. The messi's Cruyff's Ronaldo"s Best's etc etc all had more skill. But a better all round player I don't think there has been.. and I include Pele and Maradona in that (although Pele could play pretty well in a lot of positions)

Archived