IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

27 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Did you ever go to the Estonian/Embassy Club, or was it back to being an Embassy when you were there?

Never heard of it, where was it Aiz, or are you joking?  The British consulate here don't issue visas, that's done by a private agency at an office in the Centre, they don't renew passports, they are dealt with in a German consulate, somewhere in Germany, it's a joke, what do they do for the half days in the week that they are open?

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Never heard of it, where was it Aiz, or are you joking?  The British consulate here don't issue visas, that's done by a private agency at an office in the Centre, they don't renew passports, they are dealt with in a German consulate, somewhere in Germany, it's a joke, what do they do for the half days in the week that they are open?

Seriously, the club was in the basement of what had been the Estonian Embassy in Cardiff. Cracking place for a late drink. Of course, in those days Estonia was part of the USSR.

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

Seriously, the club was in the basement of what had been the Estonian Embassy in Cardiff. Cracking place for a late drink. Of course, in those days Estonia was part of the USSR.

Estonia had an Embassy in Cardiff, seems strange, was it because they couldn't afford one in London, surely they couldn't have, as you say,  they were part of the USSR, so they wouldn't have been allowed an Embassy,  as they weren't an independent country.  I think some one was pulling your leg after more than a few Vodka's.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Estonia had an Embassy in Cardiff, seems strange, was it because they couldn't afford one in London, surely they couldn't have, as you say,  they were part of the USSR, so they wouldn't have been allowed an Embassy,  as they weren't an independent country.  I think some one was pulling your leg after more than a few Vodka's.

No, I mean before 1939, when the USSR swallowed Estonia. Probably a consulate rather than an embassy, though.

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

There's been a lot of development in Cardiff, and there are plans for a really major public transport system for South Wales. How unlike our own beloved Bristol with its NIMBYs and bendybuses.

Yes, you are right, Cardiff Bay was just being developed when I moved there and is a very nice and interesting place.