IGNORED

Parking Advice For Exiled Red

HanwellRed

Looking for some guidance here please.

Am an exiled Red living in London and back at the Gate with father and 9 yr old daughter for the Blackburn game this Saturday and very much looking forward to sitting in the new West Stand.

Last  time we were back for a match we parked on Ashton Vale Road at Avonline but that is sold out this time.

I remember a private car park open for a £5 on match day also on Ashton Vale Road - can anyone left me know if that is still open on match days and if so any kind of idea what time we should be arriving to make sure we get in ?

Also, I'd be grateful if anyone can let me know the score about parking at the Ashton pub on Ashton Road ? I am lead to believe it's generally OK to park here if you book a table and eat but I'd like to be sure.

Many thanks to all in advance.

20 minutes ago, WRERE said:

When I drive I usually park on Ashton Vale Road. Personally I wouldn't reccomend it. You need to get there at least an hour before kick off to get a place and it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to get out of there if you leave at FT.

So you usually park there but you don't recommend it?!

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Well it makes sense to me, doesn't want any other buggers parking in his place!

Mind arriving one hour before a game and find a place to park is beyond a miracle these days.

That's the beauty of JustPark - your space is booked and waiting for you. You can show up at 2:55 if you want.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

As others have mentioned @HanwellRed Justpark is spot on

Here are the listings for Saturday https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/ashton-gate/bristol-city-vs-blackburn-22-oct-2016/

Is it just me then who thinks it's rubbish, unless you book well in advance.?

Looking for spaces on Saturday there is only one closeby, near gores marsh rd and they want £18.80 for it, between 1-7pm...! 

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is it just me then who thinks it's rubbish, unless you book well in advance.?

Looking for spaces on Saturday there is only one closeby, near gores marsh rd and they want £18.80 for it, between 1-7pm...! 

Yeah - better spaces go first

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah - better spaces go first

Of course, only to be expected. They just don't have enough people joining in with the scheme. 

A leaflet drop around venues to houses with driveways would make it all a much better service, with more people signed up to it. 

The idea is great but not enough people offer parking on it. 

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course, only to be expected. They just don't have enough people joining in with the scheme. 

A leaflet drop around venues to houses with driveways would make it all a much better service, with more people signed up to it. 

The idea is great but not enough people offer parking on it. 

Certainly potential for more take up from drive owners, but it wouldn't be for everyone. Lots of people would need the flexibility to be able use the drive for their own cars whenever they want.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Certainly potential for more take up from drive owners, but it wouldn't be for everyone. Lots of people would need the flexibility to be able use the drive for their own cars whenever they want.

Thank you for clarifying the purpose of a domestic driveway. 

Their existence has always been one of life's little mysteries...! ;)

If you want something different try the Portway Park and Ride. Easy to get to from the motorway. On match days there is a service that goes direct to the ground, but I wouldn't recommend this as traffic is chaotic in Winterstoke Road and you'll have to wait ages for a bus to go back.  Better to get the standard service and get off in Hotwells. The return stop is on Hotwells Road opposite the Merchants Arms pub. Only a 15 minute walk to the ground 

https://travelwest.info/park-ride/bristol/portway

Archived