IGNORED

The Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

This is without doubt the saddest match day thread I have ever written. I have no possibility to even begin to study and research our opposition this evening. Clearly you will all ask why that should be.

Yesterday at 0730 UK time my 95 year old father died. 

Dad was a Burma RAF veteran who served as a Corporal Radio operator directing the Bristol Beaufighters in to bomb the Japanese positions in what ultimately became the longest battle of the Second World War; The Imphal Kohima campaign. Relatively little was written about this long struggle yet the victory that ultimately followed turned the tide of the war in Asia. My father, although one might consider had a great innings, was taken a little before I wanted him to go. He also wanted that letter from the Queen and I wanted to write his memoirs.

He was a life long Bristol City fan. Let us win tonight and win promotion for him, for Gerry Gow for all those who will not see the promised land again.

God bless everyone and god bless my Dad. I miss him too much already; back to Blighty it is for me next week and I shall watch a City match as a result entirely in his honour.

Love to all.

Rich.

Condensed Version

Not appropriate except to say:

RIP Rich's Dad and may you sleep peacefully

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 12
44 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

This is without doubt the saddest match day thread I have ever written. I have no possibility to even begin to study and research our opposition this evening. Clearly you will all ask why that should be.

Yesterday at 0730 UK time my 95 year old father died. 

Dad was a Burma RAF veteran who served as a Corporal Radio operator directing the Bristol Beaufighters in to bomb the Japanese positions in what ultimately became the longest battle of the Second World War; The Imphal Kohima campaign. Relatively little was written about this long struggle yet the victory that ultimately followed turned the tide of the war in Asia. My father, although one might consider had a great innings, was taken a little before I wanted him to go. He also wanted that letter from the Queen and I wanted to write his memoirs.

He was a life long Bristol City fan. Let us win tonight and win promotion for him, for Gerry Gow for all those who will not see the promised land again.

God bless everyone and god bless my Dad. I miss him too much already; back to Blighty it is for me next week and I shall watch a City match as a result entirely in his honour.

Love to all.

Rich.

Bless you Hav,and may your dear dad rest in peace-he will always look over you,and has the best of all seat's for tonight..sincerest condolences to you and yours..

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

Sorry to hear that Hav, your Dad sounds like he was a true gentlemen and one of a generation that we all should be so very proud and thankful for. All the best and my condolences to you and your family. 

Can only add my condolences and a wish for three points tonight as a small tribute.