IGNORED

The Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Whats his others then?

Mate I'm not even answering that . You can't have watched any games this season if you think Luke freeman is only good for taking set pieces. 

You aren't the city fan who rings up radio bristol after the game slags all the players off then says I didn't go to the game , are you??

Gutted to lose. But really! They are all tough games and we lost by the odd goal in the last two away match's and we are papering cracks, wheels are off etc etc.

You go again. 45 years (Edit 49) of this doesnt make me hurt less but does make me shake it off faster....We should have scored at least one of three good chances.

LJ not happy with Tomlin offside those are the breaks, we will get our reward in the coming weeks....I'm off for a pint for @havanatopia s dad and look forwad to Satdee!

Edited by REDOXO

Last season we were at the bottom of the table but look how we pulled ourselves out. So where we are now nearer the top the lower teams are where we were and are doing exactly the same as we did, pulling out all the stops and taking as many scalps as they can. So the games are harder for us defending our position from the bottom teams, as they have nothing to lose but we do.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate as Nick is trying to tell you, you seem to be inventing stuff, please show me where in any of my replies to you I have panicked or flapped, I am merely pointing out that the last 2 games are games we could have expected something from and your best shot is we never beat QPR.

By the way try 50 odd years.

I'm not pointing at you directly about flapping sorry if it came across like that but a culmination of posts really. It's especially the comments saying we should expect to get results , it baffles me. 

If you been watching us ten years more than me then you should know better as well :disapointed2se:

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

This is without doubt the saddest match day thread I have ever written. I have no possibility to even begin to study and research our opposition this evening. Clearly you will all ask why that should be.

Yesterday at 0730 UK time my 95 year old father died. 

Dad was a Burma RAF veteran who served as a Corporal Radio operator directing the Bristol Beaufighters in to bomb the Japanese positions in what ultimately became the longest battle of the Second World War; The Imphal Kohima campaign. Relatively little was written about this long struggle yet the victory that ultimately followed turned the tide of the war in Asia. My father, although one might consider had a great innings, was taken a little before I wanted him to go. He also wanted that letter from the Queen and I wanted to write his memoirs.

He was a life long Bristol City fan. Let us win tonight and win promotion for him, for Gerry Gow for all those who will not see the promised land again.

God bless everyone and god bless my Dad. I miss him too much already; back to Blighty it is for me next week and I shall watch a City match as a result entirely in his honour.

Love to all.

Rich.

I've been half working, half following the match tonight, so I didn't see this until now.

My condolences to you and your family, mate. No matter what their age, you never want them to go.

By coincidence my father-in-law also passed away yesterday. About the same time.

Somerset Light Infantry in his case. Saw active service in the Malayan emergency. His photo album from out there makes for gruesome viewing. The old feller was always very critical of the noisiness of actors pretending to be US soldiers in various Vietnam films. "If we'd bin shoutin' and hollerin' like that on jungle patrol we'd 'ave been dead in five minutes," he told me. Three days of total silence was what they did - and no smokes!

Anyway, shame City didn't rise to the occasion to honour the two grand old servicemen, but while their life's battle is over, City will continue to march on and on, and hopefully get a home win for thee and I!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not pointing at you directly about flapping sorry if it came across like that but a culmination of posts really. It's especially the comments saying we should expect to get results , it baffles me. 

If you been watching us ten years more than me then you should know better as well :disapointed2se:

What I do know is we haven't beaten Blackburn since 1991 I believe, so we must be doomed.

Feel a little sorry for Tammy, yes he lost the ball (happens) but the space they exploited was because we bombed down the touchline when there was no pass on - another day Tammy lays of the ball, and the player hits a long ball down the touchline and we are free and way... today, means we had no-one in LB position when he lost the ball

ScreenShot_20161018221102.png

ScreenShot_20161018221145.png

ScreenShot_20161018221206.png

ScreenShot_20161018221222.png

ScreenShot_20161018221252.png

although if he had passed it to the players free, they could have made that pass down the line....

ScreenShot_20161018221805.png

Edited by Fiale

Two sub par performances but far from anything to get too worried about. Watching tonight I did feel we got pretty much outmuscled all over the pitch and when we don't move the ball fast enough it gets scrappy and we didn't compete as hard as they did in the 50-50s....we didn't match up well at the start really. They were the better side in my opinion and deserved the win but a good reaction on Saturday and we will be back on track. 

We still haven't lost a league match this season by more than one goal, thats how close games can be in this league.  I am happy with our season so far, and feel it will get better once we don't just rely upon  aa 19 year old to score all our goals. Players are settling in and LJ is doing a great job.  As for the someone who suggested that Tomlin should be offloaded in January?………….If you message me, I can recommend a pretty reasonably priced psychiatrist.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Watching it live I thought he chose the jump option above the broken ankle option. Could be wrong though, haven't seen a replay!

Not seen a replay either. I absolutely abhor diving and will criticise any of our players who do it but, at the time, I was absolutely convinced the QPR lad lunged at him and he went down as a result of that (be it jumping out the way or being hit).

I really felt he was hard done by.

More generally, I thought Tomlin was a victim of his own standards tonight. He showed some great skill and looked our more threatening player but none of his passes quite had their intended result. I'm loathe to overly criticise him though - I thought it was just one of those nights.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not seen a replay either. I absolutely abhor diving and will criticise any of our players who do it but, at the time, I was absolutely convinced the QPR lad lunged at him and he went down as a result of that (be it jumping out the way or being hit).

I really felt he was hard done by.

More generally, I thought Tomlin was a victim of his own standards tonight. He showed some great skill and looked our more threatening player but none of his passes quite had their intended result. I'm loathe to overly criticise him though - I thought it was just one of those nights.

Tomlin certainly wasn't our weakest player 

I'd like to say again many thanks to all of the wonderful comments about my Father. All very much appreciated. I do also wish to apologise for not replying individually especially the poster who I believe lost a father in law (step forward again sir if you may) and so my equal condolences go to you.

I hope I can catch a match as I head back early next week for the funeral on Thursday.

Normal service should be resumed tomorrow and I hope for City also.. we need to get back to winning ways.

All the best everyone.

• Like 4