IGNORED

877 tickets left for Blackburn

DavidNoble

I've just had a gander on our online ticketing system and added up all the remaining seats in each block of the stadium which has come to 877.

Does that mean that we are expecting to have an attendance of over 26K or maybe even a full sell out?

EDIT:

Just noticed 2 things:

1) Blackburn are expected to bring just 400 so that will hinder the overall attendance if we continue with wasting hundreds of seats to segregation.

2) I have moved my season ticket seats into the upper tier of the Lansdown stand and they still appear as 'taken' on the online ticketing system. Of course somebody could have bought them already but it would be so BCFC to allow people to move their seats into the upper tier but then not allow anybody else to purchase the seats left empty.

7 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

I've just had a gander on our online ticketing system and added up all the remaining seats in each block of the stadium which has come to 877.

Does that mean that we are expecting to have an attendance of over 26K or maybe even a full sell out?

You counted them all up..?

Adam Baker announced yesterday at about 3.30pm that sales had just tipped over 20k, so I think you've wasted your time. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You counted them all up..?

Adam Baker announced yesterday at about 3.30pm that sales had just tipped over 20k, so I think you've wasted your time. 

Yep, it took less than a minute and I did it for that exact reason.

I saw Adam Baker mention that but when I'd looked online earlier in the day it looked as though well over 25K tickets had been sold.

There are only 877 tickets available to buy online, so if we assume that all season tickets go (and even if they don't they're still added to the attendance), then we should be expecting an attendance of at least 26,123...?

Outside blocks in Upper Lansdown have not been put on sale as yet. Also they have only just today opened up last few rows at the back of other blocks. Add that to the circa 860 still unsold and the 2,300 unused seats in the away end. We're looking at a crowd of at best 23,000. So guesses around there won't be far wrong. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

There are only 877 tickets available to buy online, so if we assume that all season tickets go (and even if they don't they're still added to the attendance), then we should be expecting an attendance of at least 26,123...?

15 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

Outside blocks in Upper Lansdown have not been put on sale as yet. Also they have only just today opened up last few rows at the back of other blocks.

Sadly @DavidNoble you've wasted your time on this. AS @NYTRAM correctly points out, only certain seats and areas are actually put onsale in the upper tier. So the seats showing available up there are only what is left of the limited number originally on sale.

The club reported yesterday that over 2,800 had bought / swapped tickets for the upper tier

42 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Yep, it took less than a minute and I did it for that exact reason.

I saw Adam Baker mention that but when I'd looked online earlier in the day it looked as though well over 25K tickets had been sold.

There are currently 877 left, but of how many?

If those sold out in the next hour, then more would be put on sale. 

It's a bit disappointing really. I thought there would be 25k.

28 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So just had a quick tally up on the upper Lans seats,  in total there appears to be 283 seats in all the upper blocks available, is this correct or are the club holding back seats but showing that they are sold on the website.

It appears that the latter is the case from what people have said.

Apparently the wing blocks of the upper tier isn't actually on sale but the club has opted to note the block as 'sold out' as opposed to 'not currently for sale'...

48 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

As I pointed out earlier they've gradually released rows. All available bar end blocks. Guessing there's around 600 in each end block so around 1500 still to be sold in Upper Lansdown.

Ok cheers for that, all very confusing if your looking on line to buy tickets, i guess the only way to be sure what is available is to ring up, bit bonkers me thinks

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Ok cheers for that, all very confusing if your looking on line to buy tickets, i guess the only way to be sure what is available is to ring up, bit bonkers me thinks

It tells you exactly what is on sale, at the time you are looking. 

Unfortunately the OP has fallen into the classic OTIB ticket thread trap of believing unavailable seats to be the same as sold seats.

Also the 2,800 tickets sold in the Lansdown Upper means less than it normally would, with moves permitted on this occasion.  If the attendance is going to be around 20k, then I actually fear the atmosphere will be poorer than usual, with lots of gaps in the lower bowl.  One of the main reasons why I support the decision to retain the upper tier for overflow only.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Unfortunately the OP has fallen into the classic OTIB ticket thread trap of believing unavailable seats to be the same as sold seats.

Also the 2,800 tickets sold in the Lansdown Upper means less than it normally would, with moves permitted on this occasion.  If the attendance is going to be around 20k, then I actually fear the atmosphere will be poorer than usual, with lots of gaps in the lower bowl.  One of the main reasons why I support the decision to retain the upper tier for overflow only.

I find it amazing that if we've got 14,000 season ticket holders, that less than half (well less, when you think that many will have bought 2 extras) have opted to bring a friend, family member or work colleague for a tenner. I'm genuinely shocked at such low take up on a great offer.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I find it amazing that if we've got 14,000 season ticket holders, that less than half (well less, when you think that many will have bought 2 extras) have opted to bring a friend, family member or work colleague for a tenner. I'm genuinely shocked at such low take up on a great offer.

I thought this too but ive had trouble handing out my two guest tickets.

A lot of people i know who would be interested actually play sport on the saturday and only go to the night matches which i believe is five for us this year including the hull game.

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good job they didn't all bring 2 friends each!

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most people I know already have season tickets or they play on a Saturday, I've tried a few people but they are doing other things, maybe next time try a night game?

Luxury a) Knowing City fans at work like first team City fans and b) Knowing as mates people who support City.

With very few exceptions, most I know are either PL fans outright, don't like football in any real way or City as some vaguely 2nd team who they may see once in a blue moon- one of the key  reasons I have no season ticket, who would I go with? How could one get a Bristol PL fan to commit to a City S/T?

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Blackburn is hardly a glamour tie, lets be honest. I'm sure that would contribute to people choosing not to go.

20 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Does anyone know if Atyeo season ticket holders are allowed to bring friends in the Atyeo with them yet? It sounds like it's going to be more than half empty especially with some moving to the upper Lansdown and the small away following.

I was thinking the same thing aswell, one reason i haven't used my guest offer yet. If they are only bringing 400 why can't we have half the Atyeo? They used to do this in the East End depending how many away fans were coming. 

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I find it amazing that I have 2 spare season tickets for this game and I cant convince any friends to come along for free! The ones that want to go already have tickets and don't want the hassle of trying to get a refund and the ones that weren't willing to pay £10 also don't want to pay the cost of traveling even if the game is free.

7 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I was thinking the same thing aswell, one reason i haven't used my guest offer yet. If they are only bringing 400 why can't we have half the Atyeo? They used to do this in the East End depending how many away fans were coming. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking, it'll be strange in there Saturday with less than 500 Blackburn one end and less than 1000 City the other end separated by 3000 odd seats. It would've been a good game to get more in there to help with the atmosphere.

Archived