IGNORED

The Official Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that was to stop people being sent off for accidental handball or challenges.

You might be right, I'm not certain. It doesn't sit comfortably with me that a player could commit a deliberate handball and stay on the pitch. Doesn't seem to encourage fair play and would mean a player is more likely to stop a definite goal with their hands and risk the penalty, if they know they won't be sent off.

47 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We have the fourth best goal difference in the league so i suppose scoring more coincides with conceeding more.

True but the Fulham match makes it seem better than it is. Sure over an entire season you'll get matches like that but take that out and it's only +2 or something like that. It's not like we've stringed together a few 2-0 or 3-1s. It's been winning by the 1 goal which is fine but just think we should be getting 1 or 2 more clean sheets at the moment if we want to take that next step as a team. We are going to find it harder to break teams down because they are defending us with 2 lines of 4 most games now. We have to stop conceding because scoring will be harder now teams have scouted us. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think its a big ask from a team who nearly got relegated to getting promoted the following season and no we wont do a leicester.

Ill be chuffed to bits if we finish outside the playoffs. Some big teams in this league and i can guarantee villa and derby will finish above us.

GUARANTEE blimey can I borrow your time machine so I can get next weeks lottery numbers

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Eh?!

Can't one have mixed emotions? It's not a game of black & white y'know. There are two sides to every story etc etc... Quite simple: I feel torn between being p*ssed off at throwing away 2 points vs. probably taking a point before the game started/at 0-1 facing a pen. Some of us have more than one thought at once, y'know...

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

True but the Fulham match makes it seem better than it is. Sure over an entire season you'll get matches like that but take that out and it's only +2 or something like that. It's not like we've stringed together a few 2-0 or 3-1s. It's been winning by the 1 goal which is fine but just think we should be getting 1 or 2 more clean sheets at the moment if we want to take that next step as a team. We are going to find it harder to break teams down because they are defending us with 2 lines of 4 most games now. We have to stop conceding because scoring will be harder now teams have scouted us. 

Agreed and LJ has time to sort it out. We have made a lot of new changes and no doubt we will see a couple of more additions in the next window. Cant expect it to work every match and you could argue fielding has kept us in a few games but then isnt that what a keepers meant to do?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Can't one have mixed emotions? It's not a game of black & white y'know. There are two sides to every story etc etc... Quite simple: I feel torn between being p*ssed off at throwing away 2 points vs. probably taking a point before the game started/at 0-1 facing a pen. Some of us have more than one thought at once, y'know...

Fair enough, the strength of feeling in post statements (F word) just seemed a bit contrary, that's all!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Agreed and LJ has time to sort it out. We have made a lot of new changes and no doubt we will see a couple of more additions in the next window. Cant expect it to work every match and you could argue fielding has kept us in a few games but then isnt that what a keepers meant to do?

Yup. I think it's tough for fans at the moment. We've had some wonderful moments this year where we look a class above most in this division and even when we don't, we often get points when we probably shouldn't have. It almost feels each week we should be the favourite so I think we expect winning more often. Not many weeks where I feel we are actually less talented I guess is the best way to put it. Next week will be one of the few matches in the league where I don't expect points. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yup. I think it's tough for fans at the moment. We've had some wonderful moments this year where we look a class above most in this division and even when we don't, we often get points when we probably shouldn't have. It almost feels each week we should be the favourite so I think we expect winning more often. Not many weeks where I feel we are actually less talented I guess is the best way to put it. Next week will be one of the few matches in the league where I don't expect points. 

And knowing City, that's possibly when we might get 3.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Joe Bryan, what a boy, gave his boots to the Barnsley fan who he thumped with the ball>

Nice gesture indeed by Joe, but surely it was a City fan as we were playing towards them in the 2nd half? :dunno:

Edit: Or maybe not judging by the other thread just started on the subject. Sure RB said it was a City fan.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nice gesture indeed by Joe, but surely it was a City fan as we were playing towards them in the 2nd half? :dunno:

As I obviously wasn't there, I am only quoting what Hadwin and Adam said on RB. They both said it was a Barnsley fan and that Joe had thumped the ball into the stand, hit the fan and put his hands up to apoligise, the ball had gone out for a throw in.  Were our fans behind a goal, if so then it was a Barnsley fan.

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

As I obviously wasn't there, I am only quoting what Hadwin and Adam said on RB. They both said it was a Barnsley fan and that Joe had thumped the ball into the stand, hit the fan and put his hands up to apoligise, the ball had gone out for a throw in.  Were our fans behind a goal, if so then it was a Barnsley fan.

Fair enough ETR, thought the ball had gone out behind the goal. Not being there either the commentary can be quite confusing.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I tell you what Joe..."tough for the fans" is playing poorly in the bottom division...with trips to York, Grimsby and Carlisle which make Barnsley look glamorous...this is about as good as it's got in the past 30 odd years!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

I tell you what Joe..."tough for the fans" is playing poorly in the bottom division...with trips to York, Grimsby and Carlisle which make Barnsley look glamorous...this is about as good as it's got in the past 30 odd years!

I'll take your word for it! I get what you mean. Just think some early season success blurred expectations a bit. 

On 10/29/2016 at 09:25, havanatopia said:

I suspect the two teams might just cancel each other out today though as both managers know a lot about each other. However, you would think that Lee has a slight advantage with his knowledge of Barnsley, the team. I shall just sit on the fence on this one and predict a 1-1 stalemate.

Close, but no cigar........