IGNORED

LJ's Football Philosophy- Barnsley PowerPoint

redordead1

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

I too am a bit confused by the Corridor of Confusion. I have looked at the presentation and see the instructions relate to when we are in possession. The said area is just infront of the goal, so are we meant to cause confusion there or do we become confused there? 

I think if I was a player is would just hang around the Individual Brilliance Zone, I like that. Infact I might make my own zones today as this has inspired me. Anyone doing the same? :sun:

I would like the corridor of confusion to be called - 

TICK TOCK - Take a SHOT !!!

you have the ball, and within the time you can say tick tock, take a shot you have either had a shot or passed the ball to someone in a better position than you... in fact i'd like pretty much that entire goal area top be the same... 

Can I suggest that people Google "England DNA" and click on "England DNA - Coaching and Philosophy"

It seems pretty obvious to me that Lee Johnson has been on the coaching courses, collected all the badges and is now putting into practice what England are striving all coaches to adhere to - mainly in-possession, out-of-possession and transition.

The Powerpoint document is basically a regurgitation of what the FA want.

30 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Can I suggest that people Google "England DNA" and click on "England DNA - Coaching and Philosophy"

It seems pretty obvious to me that Lee Johnson has been on the coaching courses, collected all the badges and is now putting into practice what England are striving all coaches to adhere to - mainly in-possession, out-of-possession and transition.

The Powerpoint document is basically a regurgitation of what the FA want.

That did cross my mind as well...thankfully I think he's developed more in this 'philosophy' and dumped it at Barnsley's door.

Perhaps the 'Corridor of confusion' was the one leading to their Chairman's office ;-)

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

That did cross my mind as well...thankfully I think he's developed more in this 'philosophy' and dumped it at Barnsley's door.

Perhaps the 'Corridor of confusion' was the one leading to their Chairman's office ;-)

It probably got mixed up with the Metro Bus planning documents as well.

Why is the bus going this way? 

"Can I suggest that people Google "England DNA" and click on "England DNA - Coaching and Philosophy"
The Powerpoint document is basically a regurgitation of what the FA want.2

Its part of the new level one and two coaching badges and upwards ... Everybody should be striving to improve. Who we are, how we play. etc. Hopefully people will become more familiar with the ideals from the development levels to Pro level. It will be of benefit in the long term.

FR ... Mr Johnson is articulating his ideas on football by using common terms. Common terms and ideas in the UK or Europe, high lines, six second press/ counter pressing, pomo, corridors ...

From the grass roots up the ideas underpinning football should be universal to gain the most benefit nationally e.g. football development is not about win at all costs in an effort to create better more technical and flexible players in the long term.

When football gets to the Professional level other drivers take over e.g. money, physical ability, technical ability etc leading to differing playing styles and tactics. All teams in Germany, Spain or England wont adopt the same approaches. Got a Delap it would still be tell him to use that throw, got a Tomlin don't be somebody else.

18 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

The only thing is, if all teams are adopting this type of approach, and I would guess most are, we will surely all cancel each other out in what we are trying to achieve and the way we go about it?

No - in a word. Football is influenced by so many external factors and variables that it's almost impossible where you'd get a situation in which all teams play in a certain way and cancel each other out. 

I don't agree that all teams are aiming to play the same anyway.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I hadn't had my morning coffee when I posted that... and I will be perfectly honest, my written language is dire compared to my vocabulary.

I blame my secretary ;-)

Same here, I left school and did not pick up a pen, paper to write for several years before I went back to college. Not all people have great spelling or grammar, it's just not needed in many, even most jobs.

21 hours ago, spudski said:

I hadn't had my morning coffee when I posted that... and I will be perfectly honest, my written language is dire compared to my vocabulary.

I blame my secretary ;-)

I like the idea of employing a secretary/PA to post on OTIB.

Would save me so much time....

On 11/1/2016 at 00:39, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm basing this exclusively on his interviews, but I don't think that Bryan comes across as that clever. There's this widely accepted opinion he's ridiculously intelligent but I don't think that comes across really. I think he's just a fair bit more intelligent than your average footballer. 

His dad's a brain surgeon I believe, so he's probably pretty smart.

On 01/11/2016 at 09:19, RedM said:

I too am a bit confused by the Corridor of Confusion. I have looked at the presentation and see the instructions relate to when we are in possession. The said area is just infront of the goal, so are we meant to cause confusion there or do we become confused there? 

I think if I was a player is would just hang around the Individual Brilliance Zone, I like that. Infact I might make my own zones today as this has inspired me. Anyone doing the same? :sun:

I think it should be re named the Lee Tomlin Zone.

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

I remember hearing that, for a footballer he's probably way above average. I mean in his interviews he's obviously bright, but he just sounds like someone who's clever enough to go to University. I think he's said previously if he wasn't a footballer that's what he'd have done.

The way people go on though you'd think he was a member of Mensa or something.   We seem to be bringing in more articulate young players though, Magnusson seems intelligent (tri-lingual too?), Taylor Moore speaks well and is bilingual, I think O'Dowda comes across as pretty bright too. It's interesting to see and I think it's something LJ probably looks for when recruiting.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I remember hearing that, for a footballer he's probably way above average. I mean in his interviews he's obviously bright, but he just sounds like someone who's clever enough to go to University. I think he's said previously if he wasn't a footballer that's what he'd have done.

The way people go on though you'd think he was a member of Mensa or something.   We seem to be bringing in more articulate young players though, Magnusson seems intelligent (tri-lingual too?), Taylor Moore speaks well and is bilingual, I think O'Dowda comes across as pretty bright too. It's interesting to see and I think it's something LJ probably looks for when recruiting.

I think our players need to be at degree level to understand Lee's powerpoint presentation.

7 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think he's a consultant cardiac surgeon, but no less clever!

Hope his Dad knows the difference between heart and brain then.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 12:33, downendcity said:

I think our players need to be at degree level to understand Lee's powerpoint presentation.

Kinnel...they've dumbed down degree level then...it's not rocket science. Pretty basic stuff, that as has been mentioned is lower level FA coaching standard philosophy to a degree.

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Kinnel...they've dumbed down degree level then...it's not rocket science. Pretty basic stuff, that as has been mentioned is lower level FA coaching standard philosophy to a degree.

Mine was a tongue in cheek comment only Spudski.

Archived