IGNORED

LJ's Football Philosophy- Barnsley PowerPoint

redordead1

LJ appears to be a manager dedicated to improving himself and therefore his team and club in every way possible. I find that sense of mission appealing, and I am so glad he is our manager. He is also an articulate and compassionate human being. His discussion of mental health issues in the professional game today in his press conference was very enlightening.

1 hour ago, redordead1 said:

BT - May I suggest that you take a step or two back, being mindful of the "pins".

Now reflect, maybe take some time to pirouette before contributing some individual brilliance.

Hope all now clear 

Thanks because the pins are awaiting 2 new knee bits. I might give the pirouette bit a miss if you don't mind

I was just reflecting on LJ’s Barnsley presentation, that blueprint has been firmly put in place this season. Great to see a philosophy/‘the City way’  reaping the rewards for all the blood, sweat and tears out into it over the past two seasons.

34 minutes ago, RichW said:

It’s on the first page of this thread!

Might help to mention its a few posts down, or they may come up to say "that link doesnt work" etc etc.

7 hours ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Does anyone still have this LJ powerpoint and able to re-upload?

Seems the original link is no longer working and think a lot of people would be keen to see it now!

Scroll down a little mate, screenshots of the presentation were posted to save some people the aggravation of clicking a link!

Didn't see this at the time but I find it really interesting.  Breaking it down as simply as possible, LJ's base philosophy and tactics are to get as many people ahead of the ball as realistically possible when we've got possession, and the opposite when we haven't.  I remember him talking about "creating numerical advantages all over the pitch" when he first joined. 

As one of the screens brilliantly puts: "Freedom in attack, Robots in defence".

Thanks for the bump, wouldn't have seen this otherwise.

• Admin

So, to go back to the original presentation,  Joe scored from the “Corridor of Confusion” & Korey scored in the “POMO” - point of maximum opportunity.  Who can say Korey didn’t take that!   So it turns out Johnson is actually on to something with this philosophy. Long may it continue. 

Thank God someone's found this document at last. We've been searching high and low for it ever since Hecky mislaid his copy. Maybe now we can get the Oakwell train back on track.

BTW, you can all do your bit when your strikers wander into the Corridor of Confusion, by collectively shouting "He's behind you!" or "Just bloody hit it!" as the situation demands. 

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the season. 

First time I’ve seen that presentation, looks & sounds very impressive. It’s also impressive to watch at the minute. It is IMO very Pep esque, certainly trying to regain possession within 6 seconds is & hunting in packs. But as we have seen it does take time to implement a philosophy like this & im just glad we have an owner who bought into it. COYR 

13 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

First time I’ve seen that presentation, looks & sounds very impressive. It’s also impressive to watch at the minute. It is IMO very Pep esque, certainly trying to regain possession within 6 seconds is & hunting in packs. But as we have seen it does take time to implement a philosophy like this & im just glad we have an owner who bought into it. COYR 

Considering it was originally posted to denigrate the man, it's interesting that now it seems to be working, people want to actually take time to understand it.

On 02/11/2016 at 11:09, Robin1988 said:

His dad's a brain surgeon I believe, so he's probably pretty smart.

He is and a very likeable man. When you first meet him there's something 'different' about him that somehow you kinda of automatically respect the guy from his first word. 

Obviously I never worked with him but I met and worked with probably hundreds of doctors in my career and he and my old boss are two that stick out as having that special aura.

5 hours ago, Old Goat said:

Thank God someone's found this document at last. We've been searching high and low for it ever since Hecky mislaid his copy. Maybe now we can get the Oakwell train back on track.

BTW, you can all do your bit when your strikers wander into the Corridor of Confusion, by collectively shouting "He's behind you!" or "Just bloody hit it!" as the situation demands. 

Great, so now we are helping out a divisional rival.

Johnson out!

5 hours ago, Old Goat said:

Cheers, I would think Barnsley fans are muttering deeply into their pints these days about it will still all fall apart on us under Johnson........ Like a whole crowd made up of Thatch35's. :) 

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Considering it was originally posted to denigrate the man, it's interesting that now it seems to be working, people want to actually take time to understand it.

I actually had it saved onto my iPad at the time so I could go back to it and see if we tried to go along with that play.

IMO even during the awful run we stuck to what he was aiming for, but I don't think it suited all the personnel we had (a certain Cardiff player springs to mind).

I also think that as the run went on there was possibly a lack of belief it would work.

Many people on here criticised our pre season programme, saying it was just a bunch of weak teams, but one of the players (Brownhill) recently spoke of how that was a factor towards this season. Something along the lines of the confidence that came from it. At the time of the friendlies someone on here brought up about how a nation won the World Cup, having only faced 'easy to beat' nations in friendlies prior to the tournament to build up belief and confidence.

On 01/11/2016 at 09:19, RedM said:

I think if I was a player is would just hang around the Individual Brilliance Zone, I like that. Infact I might make my own zones today as this has inspired me. Anyone doing the same? :sun:

I have been in the toilet for a while and an exclusion zone is now in place, it appears it is voluntary 

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

I read once that the unofficial rule at Barca was to win the ball back in 7 seconds. Given that Lee is a second ahead of Pep we can book our trip to Wembley now I think. :whistle:

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am in the obligation some, visiting family and in laws. :(

I can only imagine which zone @Rudolf Hucker is in .....

I’m firmly in the ‘I couldn’t give a stuff about Christmas’ zone and expect to be here for a few days yet. The only thing I like about Christmas is football and I’m seriously regretting not going to QPR and Villa. :sad26:

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Cheers, I would think Barnsley fans are muttering deeply into their pints these days about it will still all fall apart on us under Johnson........ Like a whole crowd made up of Thatch35's. :) 

Well, some probably, but I like to think we're not all sat up here sharpening knives.

Bloody good cup win BTW. Only 270 minutes away from Europe... how surreal does that sound?  

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’m firmly in the ‘I couldn’t give a stuff about Christmas’ zone and expect to be here for a few days yet. The only thing I like about Christmas is football and I’m seriously regretting not going to QPR and Villa. :sad26:

For me "Christmas time" starts on the 24th and ends on the 26th.

Any Christmas music etc before then is too early.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

He is and a very likeable man. When you first meet him there's something 'different' about him that somehow you kinda of automatically respect the guy from his first word. 

Obviously I never worked with him but I met and worked with probably hundreds of doctors in my career and he and my old boss are two that stick out as having that special aura.

Funny you should say that.

Recently when watching all his interviews I've started to realise how his personality is very simular to that of his fathers. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

For me "Christmas time" starts on the 24th and ends on the 26th.

Any Christmas music etc before then is too early.

Pair of scrooges! :P

But having said that, I dont even put up any christmas decorations or even have a christmas tree!! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Pair of scrooges! :P

But having said that, I dont even put up any christmas decorations or even have a christmas tree!! :ph34r:

I got seriously pissed off with it all a few years ago.

It was May and I was buying a suit for my Grandads funeral and there was a Christmas song playing.

I actually went to a different shop so they lost my custom that day.

Archived