Jump to content
IGNORED

Ozil Goal


Tinmans Love Child

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was a very cool finish from a guy not known for finding the net regularly.

Durnham is soooooo transparent and I'm amazed that some listeners can't see that he's only doing his job - and doing it well judging from the reactions he gets.

I'd say he does find the net regularly, got a strike rate of almost 1 in 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

He is up there with the best, what is your problem with him, or is just the Club he plays for? 

I've explained the problem above.  Don't know why you'd mention the club when I've said it's because I think he's hugely overrated and doesn't step up in the massive games.  Generally goes missing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I've explained the problem above.  Don't know why you'd mention the club when I've said it's because I think he's hugely overrated and doesn't step up in the massive games.  Generally goes missing 

In fairness he has had goals or (mostly) assists against Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs and Manchester United in the last two seasons. He also got an assist against Leicester last year.

He also had one of the highest pass completion rates at the world cup in 2014 and one of the highest chances created rates.

It is only really in the champs league he has failed with Arsenal.... But Arsenal have generally failed as a whole in the champs league so to single him out seems a bit unfair.

Each to their own, but I think he is a great player.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

In fairness he has had goals or (mostly) assists against Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs and Manchester United in the last two seasons. He also got an assist against Leicester last year.

He also had one of the highest pass completion rates at the world cup in 2014 and one of the highest chances created rates.

It is only really in the champs league he has failed with Arsenal.... But Arsenal have generally failed as a whole in the champs league so to single him out seems a bit unfair.

Each to their own, but I think he is a great player.

 

Not really talking stats as they are misleading.  Can't remember a big game where he has taken it by the scruff of the neck and won his team the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not really talking stats as they are misleading.  Can't remember a big game where he has taken it by the scruff of the neck and won his team the game

As I say each to their own. To me he's a creative midfielder- creating goals is him preforming and winning his team games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I've explained the problem above.  Don't know why you'd mention the club when I've said it's because I think he's hugely overrated and doesn't step up in the massive games.  Generally goes missing 

Hugely overrated? He is a genuine talent that would grace any top team in the World, why you can't see that is a mystery, but that's for you I guess....the reason I asked was it who he plays for was I was supposing you might have some prejudice, you know the sort of thing, Spurs v Arsenal, City v Rovers, and so on, at least that would explain why you might think he was 'hugely overrated', :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ozil doesn't have the personality to step up and take the game to an opponent IMO. He's consistently a playmaker and a very good one. I think he's just as good against lesser opposition as he is against bigger clubs. He's just not the type to takeover. Doesn't make him a bad player as there aren't many in the world that can actually do it. Anyway, it was a good goal but I don't get the hype over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

As I say each to their own. To me he's a creative midfielder- creating goals is him preforming and winning his team games.

 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Hugely overrated? He is a genuine talent that would grace any top team in the World, why you can't see that is a mystery, but that's for you I guess....the reason I asked was it who he plays for was I was supposing you might have some prejudice, you know the sort of thing, Spurs v Arsenal, City v Rovers, and so on, at least that would explain why you might think he was 'hugely overrated', :facepalm:

So nobody can name a single massive game where he has made a huge difference.  Interesting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
12 hours ago, Robbored said:

It was a very cool finish from a guy not known for finding the net regularly.

Durnham is soooooo transparent and I'm amazed that some listeners can't see that he's only doing his job - and doing it well judging from the reactions he gets.

I know he is. However he is proper bitter about Arsenal.  He always said he'd drop the 'Daily Arsenal' when they won a trohpy. Win the FA Cup and it still contiued. He's good at what he does but he does single them out more than most..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

 

So nobody can name a single massive game where he has made a huge difference.  Interesting.  

 

I listed big games that he had scored and assisted in- I'd say that was making a huge difference.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that you are normally very critical of Wenger as well so I'm wondering if you have a spurs connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I know he is. However he is proper bitter about Arsenal.  He always said he'd drop the 'Daily Arsenal' when they won a trohpy. Win the FA Cup and it still contiued. He's good at what he does but he does single them out more than most..

He's been at the "daily Arsenal" for long it's become the only thing that he'll be remembered for. Might even end up on his gravestone........:facepalm:

Im not sure that he is truly bitter about Arsenal. It's not as if he supports Spurs. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's been at the "daily Arsenal" for long it's become the only thing that he'll be remembered for. Might even end up on his gravestone........:facepalm:

Im not sure that he is truly bitter about Arsenal. It's not as if he supports Spurs. 

Swap Arsenal for GJ and the parallels get spookier! Isn't he also ginger?

Robbored, is Adrian Durham your son?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RedDave said:

 

So nobody can name a single massive game where he has made a huge difference.  Interesting.  

I don't think football is for you...he is a a genuinely world class player while he may not appear all action taking a game by the stuff of the neck, he is much more subtle and inventive often looking lazy but still incredibly effective.

has topped the premier league and la liga assists and chances created for the season and would do the same in any league in the world.

he is world class 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I don't think football is for you...he is a a genuinely world class player while he may not appear all action taking a game by the stuff of the neck, he is much more subtle and inventive often looking lazy but still incredibly effective.

has topped the premier league and la liga assists and chances created for the season and would do the same in any league in the world.

he is world class 

Obviously he's a fantastic player but not world class.  Might depend what you judge world class to be.

No need to say football isn't for me. Patronising someone who has a different opinion to you isn't necessary 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Obviously he's a fantastic player but not world class.  Might depend what you judge world class to be.

No need to say football isn't for me. Patronising someone who has a different opinion to you isn't necessary 

Guess it depends how you define world class. The way I see it is top 5 in his position in the world. His position is filled with hugely talented players and I can't decide if he is in that top 5. On his day he definitely is, but as you say he seems to go through huge barren periods and then contrasting excellent form with moments of genuine brilliance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Obviously he's a fantastic player but not world class.  Might depend what you judge world class to be.

No need to say football isn't for me. Patronising someone who has a different opinion to you isn't necessary 

I am going to do something that is very difficult for me, I am going to agree in essence with you (god I feel dirty).

The trouble is 'world class' like the word 'legend' are highly abused labels in the modern world of football.

World class to me is Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale and Sergio Aguero, the sort of players that when they actually have an odd mare of a game the football world goes crazy because it's so unusual, unlike Ozil who has 4 average games, 4 less than average games, 4 great games and the odd amazing game.

For me the proof is if he was truly world class he would still be at Real Madrid but they obviously believed that they could live without him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...