IGNORED

Gary Neville

TV Tom

This guy deserves a lot of credit, he's just donated £20,000 to the GB deaf team to participate in next years deaf olympics, he seems to me to be an ordinary and considerate guy who realises how lucky he's been to be a pro footballer and is keen to help the less fortunate in society, fair play to him

Always liked him. Great footballer, proper passion for his team (even if that team was Man Ure) and his country and a fantastic pundit.  Seemed a good, down to earth bloke as well on that documentary on Salford City.  Weird how it didn't work out as a manager for him. You would've thought he'd be the perfect fit. 

23 minutes ago, harrys said:

This guy deserves a lot of credit, he's just donated £20,000 to the GB deaf team to participate in next years deaf olympics, he seems to me to be an ordinary and considerate guy who realises how lucky he's been to be a pro footballer and is keen to help the less fortunate in society, fair play to him

Yep great gesture from GN . It's easy to criticise people in the public eye . And he seems to get his fair share . Never understand it personally. Hope he gets some recognition for this . Fair play to him

27 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Great stuff. Should have made it £30k :ph34r:

I'm sure you've said this in jest, but there will be some people who will say the same sort of thing. It's like when Ian Botham used to do charity walks from John O'Groats to Lands End. Some people said he was just doing it for publicity. (Personally I can think of a lot easier ways of getting publicity.) So well done to Gary Neville. (Though I do think he's a bit bolshie)

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I'm sure you've said this in jest, but there will be some people who will say the same sort of thing. It's like when Ian Botham used to do charity walks from John O'Groats to Lands End. Some people said he was just doing it for publicity. (Personally I can think of a lot easier ways of getting publicity.) So well done to Gary Neville. (Though I do think he's a bit bolshie)

What's wrong with being a Bolshevik?

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Totally agree, he has done a lot of commendable stuff in Manchester and elsewhere since his retirement from playing and comes over as a very genuine bloke.

Absolutely hated him as a player though, despite his attributes. And he should have held off slagging a lot of people before his own ill- fated tip at management!

38 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

One of the most approachable down to earth guys in football. Used to see him and his missus regularly pushing the shopping trolley around Tesco's in Bury...always stopped for a chat. My only criticism of him, is his taste in house design. was just up the road from where I used to live...a monstrosity.

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

One of the most approachable down to earth guys in football. Used to see him and his missus regularly pushing the shopping trolley around Tesco's in Bury...always stopped for a chat. My only criticism of him, is his taste in house design. was just up the road from where I used to live...a monstrosity.

Heard this sort of description of him loads Spud. Have also seen pictures of the house :blink:

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Always liked him. Great footballer, proper passion for his team (even if that team was Man Ure) and his country and a fantastic pundit.  Seemed a good, down to earth bloke as well on that documentary on Salford City.  Weird how it didn't work out as a manager for him. You would've thought he'd be the perfect fit. 

Still plenty of time for him as a manager, going to Valencia as a first job was a really tough one to take.

I like all of the "Class of 92" lot. Recommend the documentary if anyone hasn't seen it. Not the "Out of their League" one (which is also great) but the one looking at them as players, charting their rise, and culminating with the 1999 European Cup final.

I was actually gutted Gary Neville had a rough time at Valencia. A huge job too soon for him. Have high hopes that one of that 6 will become a top manager at some point.  

Archived